Who Justice League And Suicide Squad Are Fighting Over [SPOILERS]

This week sees the publication of DC Comics’ first Direct Currents Magazine, free to consumers and retailers (mostly).

In which we discover who exactly inspire the Suicide Squad to contact the Justice League, to help deal with.

Four villains who get broken our from their own custom-built prison and prove enough of a threat for political walls to tumble.

With their rescuers, they are the telepath businessman and spy, Maxwell Lord.

Alien royal and super-criminal, Emerald Empress.

Intergalactic genocidal (not an exaggeration) bounty hunter Lobo

Magnetic master Doctor Polaris.

The intangibly mystic and face-floating Johnny Sorrow

And international terrorist Rustam, and polar opposite of Rick Flagg.

bleedingcool.com/2016/11/28/justice-league-suicide-squad-fighting-revealed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/11/28/dc-comics-address-atom-watchmen-button-mr-oz-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MORE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES

4 to go. i wonder if this means jeckie is around

yes DC yes.

so I was thinking, is Mr Oz just Time Trapper?

That's actually a really interesting squad. I'm pretty fucking hyped for every single one of those. Especially Emerald Empress, Rustam, Lobo and Maxwell Lord.

At the same time suicide squad is pretty dull garbage rn apart from the vignettes and I'm not sure I can be bothered with it.

>Maxwell Lord
>Rustam
Oh baby. Pretty good line up in general but I've been waiting for these 2 to pop up for awhile.

Eye am so excited

Johhny Sorrow?

Nice.

>is Mr Oz just Time Trapper?

Mr.Oz deal will get resolver in the first half of 2017 according to DiDio in the DC Currents Magazine

>Deadshot's costume still garbo
>Croc, Harley, and Boomer all have awful movie-inspired looks
>Look at Wonder Woman with her BADASS sword&shield, isn't she BADASS
I thought rebirth was supposed to be the second coming of christ, are you telling me this was all just a cynical ploy to capitalize on nostalgia??

>Deadshot's costume still garbo
It's actually changed in the comic, covers haven't reflected it tho

>Boomer
>movie inspired
Fuck off retard

Wait, seriously? I thought that are going to wait until 2018? Or is Mr. OZ is not really important to the rebirth plot line?

Did Direct Currents get leaked already?

So this is probably classic Lobo right? There's no way it's nubo

>Johnny Sorrow
fuck year

Is Max doomed to be a villain forever?

>first half of 2017
Huh? So, it's not going to be a major event? Because the first major event of 2017 will start in summer.

>Emerald Empress
>another Legion hint
Right, so this will probably just be a new chick and not Sarya, just the Eye taking an earlier host.

Since JLA is spinning out of this, it's probably classic Lobo.

According to Rich, Mr. Oz deal will be revealed "during the first halft of 2017"

bleedingcool.com/2016/11/28/dc-comics-address-atom-watchmen-button-mr-oz-2017/

>Boomer all have awful movie-inspired looks
Boomer's been looking like that since the start of the New 52. Though he has been bulkier

This is the cover of issue #2.

I don't want LOSH to get a mediocre or angsty writer and pitch ;_;

Is Rustam an established character or an OC? Wonder if they'll manage to fucking tie-in Generation Lost somehow with Maxwell Lord back. That'll be pretty fucking awesome.

I wonder if the lack of interest in Oz is reason why DC is rushing his reveal.

A lot of fans more interested in watchmen involvement than him.

I just want to say a prayer of thanks that we're finally getting comic writers who were influenced by the best era of comics. (OstranderSquad, JLI, Levitz LOSH, JSA, prime Lobo)

Rustam is as old as Ostranders Suicide Squad. He's one of the very few mainstays of SS that's not on the Squads side

It was inevitable. But remember this means an era of comics influenced by Bendis/Slott.

>Is Rustam an established character or an OC?
>the plebs I live with

It's Nubo, check out the hair,

That's how he looked last time he appeared

Suicide Squad sucks right now tho

>Superman Reborn – Action Comics And Superman Crossover In March 2017

>This includes a crossover between the titles kicking off in March next year, dubbed Superman Reborn. And yes, they do know who Mr Oz is. And soon, so will we

We totally not getting Superman crossover in Rebirth because DC know better, they said.

And it's seems that dc doesn't care about the rest of the Superman line.

So basically, Night of The Monster-Men: Superman edition right?
Also New Super-Man is set to appear in the multiverse Superman arc, at least.

So, Superman is going to tackle the Oz plot while Batman and Flash will tackle the Watchmen (lel titans)?

I still think that's a slightly resdesigned classic lobo, but I guess we'll see

>And it's seems that dc doesn't care about the rest of the Superman line
Yeah, what's up with that? I understand why dc did not include Batgirl and RHaTO because they were just starting, but what DC excuse for not including the other super books?

This is pretty fucking hype to be honest. Too bad Fabok is drawing just the first two issues.

>Johnny Sorrow

Goddamn. He'd be a threat on his own.

>Williamson

The eye has done that before so it's likely, but there's still a possibility that it will have something to do with LoSH (or possible L.E.G.I.O.N. since it used to be bonded to one if their crew).

>Johnny Sorrow

Holy Shit Yes.

Johnny "Lovecraftian Death Face" Sorrow. The best.

>just Action Comics And Superman Crossover

What the heck, DC? The other books are in desperate need for a boost, especially, New Super-Man.

Superbro gonna come back right?? That's what Reborn means right?

New Super-Man could get a boost from appearing in the Multiversity Superman storyline. Beside's New Super-Man was Lee's idea. It's not gonna get canned that easily unless it's doing horrendous numbers. He's a new character no one's expecting anything big

They'd never do that again. Maybe.

>We totally not getting Superman crossover in Rebirth because DC know better, they said.
Who's "they" faggot? And this doesn't look like the nonstop crossovers that fucked New 52 Supes. If it's not a constant thing it's not a problem.

>Wahhhhh why are they having a crossover? It's a shit idea!
>WAHHHH WHY AREN'T THEY INCLUDING OTHER BOOKS IN THE CROSSOVER THEY NEED IT
Holy shit kill yourself.

That mass of tentacles thing is part of Johnny Sorrow/king of tears, right?

It's either Superbro or Prime Time

>Holy shit kill yourself
This such a middle schooler response.

I thought kids under 18 are not allowed here?

What's the point of bringing him back, user? They aren't going to get rid of Superdad and having Superbro back will only hurt him, not help him in any way.

wasnt maxwell lord in grayson? as the leader of checkmate?

>Sinestro’s Daughter To Make The Sinestro Corps The Good Guys

>But it looks like it will be more than that. In this week’s Direct Currents Magazine from DC Comics, free to consumers and retailers (mostly), we learn that Natu is leading the Sinestro Corps – and looking to make them the good guys. And the Green Lanterns may be helping out, teaming Kilowog, Guy Gardner and Tomar-Tu (sigh) with individual Yellow Lanterns to make sure they don’t break bad.

What do you think about making the yellow Corp the good guys, Sup Forums?

>Wonder Woman's going to job to Harley
>Aquaman's going to job to Croc (apparently their fight will be extremely bloody)

>that lineup

W E W those are some heavy hitters

is vic trying to stick his face in katana's poosay

I'd wew more at the blatant synergy

this isn't marvel

Try harder

>This such a middle schooler response
>I want mature discussion about kids coloring books on my Chinese cooking website
Kys

>time to make a quick buck off a movie tie in

This sucks when Marvel does it and it sucks when DC does it

Frankly they should merge all the Corps into one galactic peacekeeping organization. I'm tired of rainbow wars.

I'd also like to see some of the alien species start making attempt to bring the GLC under control. Like the GLC having to answer to a council of representatives from different races.

>wah! Other people are dicks too!

You're part of the problem user.

>Like the GLC having to answer to a council of representatives from different races.
The Guardians would just go "fuck you emotional beings, you don't know what's best for you" and create a corps of robots that eat people who don't listen to them.

Sinestro was already doing that until Venditti turned him evil again for no raisin so it's nice to see them continue that with Soranik at least

>what Middle schooler saw: I want mature discussion about kids coloring books on my Chinese cooking website
>what I actually said: I thought kids under 18 are not allowed here?

You proved to me that you are truly a kid.

Just leave this place before it's too late for you because it's pretty obvious that's it's hurting your brain, kid.

Kinda wish it was Hal more involved with the yellow corps tbqh, a big chunk of Johns run was about how he was suited to then even if he didn't want to be

Glad Soranik is finally getting some use and development at least though

Guardians are all dead aren't they? If they aren't they should be. It's shocking that we've never had something like the Kerr/Shi'ar/Skrull make a play at usurping control of the GLC from the Guardians. Why is everyone so cool with being ruled by Blue Midgits?

dc isn't doing it though

I don't think most people know about them, and a lot of worlds are so fucked up by war and other atrocities that they probably don't really care if some tiny blue guys think they own the universe.

Don't bother yourself user with the underage trolls because they just want attention.

>Frankly they should merge all the Corps into one galactic peacekeeping organization. I'm tired of rainbow wars
This. I'm getting tired of it too.

Because those blue midgets were some of the most powerful beings in the entire universe and complaining would either get you vaporized or cut open, studied, pasteurized and turned into a member of emotionless galactic peacekeeping force #2814

then why is katana in the suicide squad lol

He's turning into the Trapper

He is? I hope Kenan gets to be bros with Conner

Lee hasn't brought back Gen13 so I don't know if I trust him anymore even though he's my San Diego homie

Yes and Seeley is writing part of this event so we might see it referenced

>Boomer
He dead mate. Covers lie.

Why are people who don't read comic books on Sup Forums?

Refresh my memory. Was he the disguise guy made a Russian pow?

To be honest, I think that's where Venditti is heading with this run. All the corps are slowly getting along with each other and coming back besides the red lanterns and I think they are have the next quarterly event after the superman reborn event.

Since Brightest Day.

No that's Nemesis. Rustam was the member of the middle eastern terror team

The one that got his neck broke?

Some trying to ape slott poorly would just be so bad that no one would ever read it.
Like, (unsolicited opinions on israel) bad

the regular Guardians are all dead except Ganthet and Sayd

There's still the templar Guardians but they haven't shown up in a while so who knows if they're still around

Legion when

Love everyone but Lord.
Going from
"impish devil who can push minds with some effort but really just wants to do good"
to
"Is a telepath who can make the world forget him and has mind control powers on par with Charles Xavier and has Batman-levels of preptime"
ruined him for me. I want JLI Max back.

probably in the third wave in the summer

Whats second wave?

What do you mean? He's right. Katana got shoved into the Suicide Squad book because she was in the movie.

JLA, Batwoman, and Supersons

No Atom, Shazam or JSA?

They'll be third wave if anything

Atom is in JLA and they're just starting to build on LOSH stuff

Seems small.

>Kys

You're just as bad as him.

NuBo has been changing into classic Lobo for a while now, he's probably more or less finished with the changes by this point

nice to see that Johnny Sorrow is using his classic design and not some dopey new one, not quite feeling Dr Polaris' new design though

>seven hours later

>What's the point of bringing him back, user? They aren't going to get rid of Superdad and having Superbro back will only hurt him, not help him in any way.

I don't see anything wrong with two Supermen desu.

>A'non, you have raped and killed across countless sectors, you have ability to instill great fear
kek no, I'm superhero!