Sonic

So, Sonic the Hedgehog is getting a cgi/live action movie...I'm sure most of you are aware, thoughts? Predictions? Hopes? Fears?

Also, favorite Sonic cartoons and comics? Favorite version of Sonic? What would your ideal Sonic cartoon or movie be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

kenpenderssuperfan.tumblr.com/post/142663250458/here-is-the-video-that-was-included-with-ken
appleserum.wixsite.com/juni-english
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that no matter how bad this new movie is, it will most likely be better than Penders' pitch:

kenpenderssuperfan.tumblr.com/post/142663250458/here-is-the-video-that-was-included-with-ken

As for your questions:
Cartoon: OVA or AOSTH
Version: Games/Archie post-reboot
Ideal Cartoon/Movie: Something in the spirit of the OVA.

Chris-chan and Sonichu deserve the starring role.

Sonic CD's animated intro is the reason why I got into drawing, and got good at it.

I really really hope they do him justice, but it's unlikely. An animated movie would be amazing.

I hope that all the Sonic characters are CGI while all the humans are live-action, with Robotnik being a CGI human.

i like it when he goes fast

My only hope is that it's as shitposty as the Sonic twitter account. A Sonic movie that refused to take itself seriously could be seriously fun.

It will be hated by fans, since every fan has their own perfect take on Sonic inside their minds and nothing ever will be like it.

That said, the live-action aspect worries me, I don't want it to have human characters to the extent of Sonic X.

I'm hoping its going to take itself too seriously like 2006. I love it when Sonic tries to be serious and dark because the end result is always a retarded clusterfuck that's fun to laugh at.

So, the Sonic Boom cartoon?

>thoughts?
Metal is the best Sonic character of all time.
>predictions?
Metal is the best Sonic character of all time, forever.
>hopes?
That you all see that Metal is the best Sonic character of all time.
>fears?
None, seeing that Metal is the best Sonic character of all time.

And the movie was pretty great. A high budget animated remake would be amazing.

I love sonic and I'm CONFIDENT there is no possible way to make a live action sonic the hedgehog movie NOT garbage. It's basically impossible.
I'm at least hopin' we'll get some good animation out of it.

It's going to be an exploitable goldmine. Perhaps that'll be a fair trade for it also being the next major furry-spawning event.

The autism must flow.

People like to hype up the Sanic fandom as "lolautism" due to Chris-Chan n' shit but I honestly don't really see how they're any more autistic than most other game fandoms out there. I'm still convinced that the anime fandom is the true autismus maximus as far as fandom goes.

This. We should start a Kickstarter or something.

The fact that this pitch was made by a grown-ass man is hilarious.

I wanna see your work, user.

IT'S NO USE

Despite being a massive fan of the Archie Sonic shit back in the day (the Penders split was heartbreaking for me at the time) I've never seen this before.

What the everliving FUCK, Ken?

>I honestly don't really see how they're any more autistic than most other game fandoms out there.

They're not really, sure there are autists like any fandom, but Sonic is a fandom that often attracts a relatively young audience...it's something lots of people are most into when they're young, so as you can imagine there is lots of "bad" fanart and poorly conceived or edgy OCs out there that people like to laugh at

Also, furries will never not be lol fodder for non furries, and the Sonic fandom sure has it's share of them

>Cartoon
OVA or SatAM
>Version
Mainly SatAM, but the games version is up there too.
>Ideal new Cartoon/Movie
Similar in feel to the Sonic Adventure games, I guess? I can't see them going back to 'classic' style.

I'm an old-school Archie fan too (still mad about some of the characters we lost in that mess), and the first time I saw that video I paused it about 5 times out of embarrassment.

DATS FAWKIN GOOD

Jaden Smith for Chris Thorndyke

bump

Sonic Twitter guy should write the movie

Did everyone forget about Sonic Boom after the month long hiatus?

It's moved to Boomerang, CN seems to be trying to kill it.

appleserum.wixsite.com/juni-english

There you go.

Is the fact that the sonic franchise consists of anthropomorphic animals matter at all? If you could tell the same stories, would you accept an adaptation with an all human cast? The focus would be on parkour and and free running, as well as globe-trotting treasure hunting.

I really think this would work as a summer blockbuster.

I have faith in the movie. Not a lot, not enough to make it a must see, but enough that i'm not worried about it being unrepentant trash. Sonic as a series has been pretty self aware the last few years.

anyway I always dug adventures of sonic the hedgehog. It's dumb shit but it's dumb shit that's charming in its efforts.

Robotnik/Eggman must be voiced by a Long John Baldry impersonator.

That's like asking if Mario could work without the cartoony early-anime style. Yeah, maybe it could, but why would you want to try?

My only hope is that this triggers another autistic fit from Chris Chan. As long as it does this, the film will be great in my eyes, regardless of the actual content.

Damn!