Hey guys what's your favourite Wes Anderson film?

Hey guys what's your favourite Wes Anderson film?

I like the one where he took a beloved English children's book and turned it into a faggy, kitsch American indie animation with wry sardonic humour for no reason other than to indulge himself

How about you?

(you)
don't try bash this kino with shitty intellectual buzzwords

>sperg thinks adaptions should be identical to the source material
lmao

Moonrise Kingdom. It's a wonderful movie.

>kino
Don't post on a film board when you're still a movie buff

>enjoying films of Wes Anderson

Grand Budapest and Fantastic Mr. Fox are amongkst my favourites.

Either that one or Darjeeling (which I hated first time but grew on me).

>amongkst

rushmore

This but unironically

Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums & Darjeeling Ltd.

The Royal Tenenbaums

always leaves me with a kinda sad but hopeful aftertaste

Rushmore and Darjeeling. Although I have to 2-3 more of his works.

As a massive fan of Roald Dahl, Wes Anderson's FMF is one of the greatest animated movies of the century.

Fuck you.

Of course you'd like it. You're an adult that enjoys its dry humour and understated style, not to mention its quirky and unique tone. In fact all children's stories would be a lot better off if they were hijacked and made edible to adult cinephiles. I'm being ironic btw, just like Wes Anderson.

have you read a roald dahl book?

he has plenty of dry humour in them.

Show us on the doll where Wes Anderson touched you, OP.

>amongkst
The average intelligence of a Wes Anderson fan, everyone

fantastic mr fox is good

why so edgy?

You started a wes anderson thread, chill out buddy

they do but if you think its of the same posturing hipster brand as wessy then you're massively wrong

The Life Aquatic

>for no reason other than to indulge himself
you could apply this to any piece of art ever

3/10 bait, made me reply

not really, no. kids movies are usually intended for the entertainment of kids, not the entertainment of the adults making it

on the peepee lol

>wes anderson
>sardonic
m8....

Wes Anderson doesn't do "irony" that's the whole appeal

yes but it's all very deadpan and kitsch, which is obviously at its core ironic.

No it's not
You can say it's campy and kitsch or whatever but it's not ironic. It's genuinely those things. That's why the movies feel so charming, among cynical and ironic movies there is some sincerity left which makes the movies stand out a lot.

It suffers greatly from pacing and tone. The tone shifts at about the 30 minute mark from being a typical Wes Anderson family "dramady" to a fast paced cartoon revolving around a chase.

My favourite one is the one with incest and cuckoldry

WES ANDERSON IS A SHITTY REDDIT DIRECTOR

"MUH TWEE MUH QUIRKY FILMSTYLE"

This is Cousin Kristofferson.

Say something nice about him.

This. Dunno why it's critically rated so much lower than some of his other stuff.

He's cute. C U T E!

That is not how Hollywood works.

its one of his better rated movies, I just think other stuff is better. Tenenbaums is mostly forgotten I think and people hate on Darjeeling for whatever reason. Rushmore was pretty indie back then so minimal love too.

It's clearly his 3rd best film, behind only Moonrise Kingdom and Rushmore. I'd honestly place it even with Rushmore, too, just off the soundtrack and visuals alone.

My fiancee and I have a white husky with blue eyes and at least half of his nicknames are plays off of Kristofferson

>In fact all children's stories would be a lot better off if they were hijacked and made edible to adult cinephiles
That's probably not true but it's hardly some kind of rampaging epidemic brought about by Wes Anderson.
Also there's literally nothing wrong with making movies with your own vision instead of making it to appeal to as many people as possible.

>impliying the book it's any better than the kino experience

This. It's easily one of his weaker works.

he's a natural!

You're making me want to see an adult-orientated George's Marvellous Medicine.