>there's people who literally think the 2017 version is better

youtube.com/watch?v=S5qv21eKFwg

wtf is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're both shit

you're shit

Let's talk about these two different fonts for a minute. What do you think of them?

Og IT was campy as fuck and pretty ducking autistic. The only saving grace is godman himself Tim curry. Meanwhile the 2017 has better actin for the majority of the cast, a better grasp on the story, and is much better at developing it, and isn't some campy romp.

your shit

The 1990 version is genuinely terrifying.
2017 version is something you just sit back and say, "Hey that's well made"

The scene in the OP shows how fucking retarded the new version is. In what universe would any kid ever go along with anything Skaarsgaard IT has to say? He's creepy and unsettling and looks deformed and bizarre. Getting any modern sensibilities of "TIM CURRY IS AN OLD PERVERT HANGING OUT IN SEWERS HE'LL RAPE YOUR ASS GEORGIE" his depiction makes much more sense. The naivete of a child allows for my suspension of disbelief in Georgie being trusting of this clown guy hanging out in this sewer. 2017's Pennywise has a literally deformed inhuman head, inhuman rat like front teeth, a so-evil-it's-cliched delivery and tone to all that he says.

Curry's is less conventionally scary but is disturbing from this angle, the new one is not scary nor is it believable at all. It's just ludicrous.

>He's creepy and unsettling and looks deformed and bizarre.

he looks like a tryhard for me

This. Tim Curry at least seems entertaining from a childs pov originally. Where Skarsgard is obviously evil

Yes I mean in his chatting up the kid, clown appearance. His clown appearance is unsettling from the very beginning, from the start. It is inherently malicious looking from the get-go whereas Curry can actually be believed at a glance as being a normal (albeit somehow off-putting/unsettling) man in clown makeup. Do you get it? Nevermind that laughable garbage of a CG shot. Looks like Ryuk CG from the Japanese adaptations of Death Note or something.

At no point is Pennywise in 2017 ever believable as anything but a being with purely evil intent.

2017 version has Finn Wolfhard, that alone makes it better

The 1990 one screams generic spraypaint stencil.

The 2017 one screams edgy.

So neither is great.

I just think Tim did facial expressions and body language well. Just look at this behind the scenes image for example.

Okay so that one aspect of the movie negates all of the points I made? It's one scene. Overall 2017 is better.

why did IT turn into a cartoon

He genuinely looks like a clown you'd see at a circus here

/thread

what the fuck was Eddie's problem?

He looks so cute here. I'm sure if we didn't already knew that Pennywise is evil he'd seem like a typical nice clown guy.

OH COME ON, BUCKO

They couldn't spend an hour consulting with a biologist to actually get design advice for it's mouth/teeth? Shit looks like a cartoon even if it didn't have the shitty cgi

Yeah, he does. That's what i liked about Tim's version. He could look so "normal" and at the same time freaky.

Lol, cigarette in his hand, based

he was being molested twice daily by the producer

Dunno, he doesn't look exactly "freaky" on the photographs. In the movies, yes, when he starts acting weird, but all I see on the pictures here is a common nice dude dressed as a clown.

basically just goes to show that high budget special effects doesn't make up for a hollow production. it's not like the original miniseries is a masterpiece, but you can at least see there's some degree of passion put into it.

me in the back.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
there will always be plebs

>hurrrrrr Pennywise is supposed to look nice and inviting :)
Nah stupid faggot. Literally says in the book every fucking kid that comes across Pennywise has an uneasy feeling around him but there's this hynoptic trance that keeps them in place, like Ben watching him on the ice or Stan when he was walking up the stairs in the neibolt house

This x1000

they're both shit but even as a kid i would've said "nah hand it over, im not reaching in there. anyway it took me 2 minutes to make that thing my mom is calling me gotta go"

Let's face it: most of the fans of the new movie are just horny coulrophiliacs and monster fetishists who want to fuck the sexy monster clown. Me included.

SkarsgÄrd's Pennywise is just a grim edgy portrayal like Ledger's Joker. Curry and Nicholson did it better.

No wonder he had a stroke.

This, the original gave me nightmares as a kid every fucking time.
I was scared of the drain for days.

I don't think this remake would've had the same impact on me.
It's just another generic jumpscare infested movie with zero creep factor.

>muh book

Neither of them are like the book where Pennywise is just vulgar and raunchy and wants to give Eddie a blow job with a fruit roll-up tongue

But he looks like he'd smell like poo poo and blood

Ok well I'm gonna keep saying that until I stop seeing people say
>original p-pennywise is m-more accurate!

>people actually like the garbage 90s version

>This, the original gave me nightmares as a kid every fucking time
Keywords: As. A. Kid.
Of course since you are a grown-up now you wouldn't be scared of things like this anymore. It's simple.

Original is so much better.
The new one is doing that damaged shit and it isn't working.

>>there's people who literally think any version is better than the book

I think you might want to read his post again.

I think he'd smell like a mix of a damp sewer, old dusty clothes, dried blood and burnt sugar :3

Well neither film version fits that description. Also I would feel more than uneasy looking at 2017 It if I was a child

What "damaged" shit autist. Is this going to be the fucking comparison to the joker for every single horror movie monster from now on?

This desu

>dat reading comprehension

I thought he meant if he watched the remake at this age it wouldn't make the same impact as the original series.
The thing is, when you grow up, nothing really has an impact on you anymore.

I wish someone could find the hilarious IT edit (1990 version) video where they turn several lines into autistic memes. its about 6 minutes long and its pure comedy kino. I can't find it anywhere. Some lines include: the bully kid burping over and over, "what a porker, look at that gut" the main bully, also bevs father: "sometimes i worry bevy, sometimes i worry a lot", and the middle aged black haired dude throwing something and screaming "bitch". This video needs to be found for the sake of /tv my bros.

Look at the YouTube comments, it's literally only shitskins and morons who prefer the new version.

yeah pretty sure this has nothing to do with the fact that you were a kid

How was he grim? He was kind of a dick and kind of funny.

The curry version makes you feel uneasy, the new one is just fucking tryhard edgy. Like not uneasy but straight up sewer monster.

>1990
>creepy, weird music
>2017
>DUDE LOUD SOUND PLEASE BE SPOOKED

I wonder what kind of unholy stench would his breath be...

The old one had that uneasy child predator vibe to him. New one is just straight up evil.

but he IS a straight up sewer monster who just so happens to like taking a form of a clown and fucking with people.

1990's IT was creepy and disturbing.

2017's IT is goofy. Can't take an wall-eyed clown seriously c'mon. It's funny.

Is this thread real? I'm genuinely at a loss at how anyone could think the miniseries is better

well time to pack it up lads

No? Lmao

Yes, deal with it.

Relax dude, he's an interdimensional pedo-spider-maneater-clown-alien, nobody will ever get his character right. Even King himself could not.

Holy shit that was fucking awful. Are Amerikeks serious with this shit.

Also go fucking kill yourselves for enjoying child mutilation as entertainment you sick fucks

Are you real? I'm genuinely at a loss at how anyone could think the new movie is better

>how anyone could think the miniseries is better
those are mostly contrarians and shit taste havers.

>muh lore
Doesn't matter you virgin autist. The new one doesn't work on a cinematic language.

Even in these pictures he looks "normal clown" but also "there's something wrong with this guy"

Just re-watched the Tim Curry version. Both movies aren't scary or suspenseful at all. The kids and their interactions with each other make the movies good. The actors in the 2017 version shit all over the made-for-TV child actors, therefore the 2017 IT is a much more entertaining movie than the old one.

This is a fact.

Who the fuck cares moron. It's important what works as a movie, not some dumb Backstory shit some creepy coked up sex pervert invented in a 9000 page book.

They're both shit for the same reason. Zero imagination and too safe. The new one gets less of a pass because technology has come far enough to realize the visuals and concepts needed to make the movie a mind-fuck.

Instead we get Stranger Things: IT edition. The old is a shitty comedy, but a classic none the less.

Christ you guys are autistic lmao

reminder that IT's final form is a drider

Pennywise never looked like le scary clown either

No it's not kill yourself.

>1990's IT was creepy and disturbing.
>was
Sure, when I was a kid. In reality it's not frightening at all.

>he looks "normal clown" but also "there's something wrong with this guy"
quit being an easily impressed paranoid with overly rich imagination.

>this entire thread
Never fucking change.

I'd expect a little kid with his arm bitten off to be screaming a lot more than that.

Stop. I thought we were done with this shit

I'm sure your third-world country does the same but doesn't relegate it to fiction.

>Watching IT in theater with gf
>Sewer scene starts
>"Wow that's a pretty clown"

Wtf should I be worried?

>as a kid
then your opinion is invalid

I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be screaming at all, he should be dead from shock.

If the original wasn't a made for TV movie this wouldn't even be a fucking debate. Tim Curry alone elevates the 1990 version beyond what it was. Had it not been made cheap and for cable broadcast, it would've been a horror classic, bringing a hatred for this new remake akin to the backlash of other recent unnecessary remakes, like The Thing and Fright Night.

The only plus the new movie gets is that its an actual movie, its a shame it was made in an era where jump scares are substituted for horror.

New one fails because they telegraph on too many layers that he's evil, so it comes over as lame.
I mean a clown in a fucking sewer is already spooky, why make him all dark and tortured and evil sounding?
Like what's the point other than appealing to complete morons?

Sorry but as the title says, It's the most important part, and Curry was the better It.

No, he was better as a clown that somehow inherited spooky powers. He's not supposed to seem human or funny or any of that shit.

dress up as a clown and fuck her.

In the book he dies of shock in the fucking street.

>Queue scene after Pennywise bites his arm off
>Georgie spams backwards in pain, screaming and gasping
>His eyes wide and he gasps more and screams less
>Water streaming into his mouth, his face limp against the ground
>One final gargled gasp as his heart stops
>Blood streaming down the drain

Why is 90s version so much better acted? The 2017 kid is terribly monotone, and Skarsgard just tryhards the whole thing with stupid Joker twitches and creepy voice

I totally can understand her.

>Why is 90s version so much better acted?
your nostalgia. They're terrible and objectively worse than the new kids

the first thing i noticed is how fucking brown and washed out the 2017 version looked compared to the 1990 version

Curry is better.
>1990
>Pennywise uses his happy clown getup and silly antics to disarm Georgie and get him close
>2017
>Pennywise is scary and creepy and no kid in the 90s would ever in a million years come anywhere near him

Since Skas "didnt want to do Curry" he pigeonholed himself, making it way less believable. Oh well.

This thread is a perfect example of why nostalgia fags opinions should always be considered void. Just because Tim Currys clown 'scared' you as a kid doesn't mean shit today. I watched both the new one and the miniseries both within the last week. The old one is so bad it's hilarious. Tim Curry is not the least bit frightening and just comes off as extremely hammy. The new movie on the other hand is a competently made movie. The child acting is great and while I wasn't a fan of all the loud noises I did like all the subtle shit they included in the background. The cinematography is nice and it had some pretty intense moments. The new film is much better, and the fact that no one in this thread has given a reason indifferent to that other than "muh Tim Curry" proves it.

>ducking
I want mobile posters to leave.

>The 1990 version is genuinely terrifying.
people actually believe this holy fucking shit