Marvel vs. Capcom 4 coming in 2017

>Marvel and Capcom characters will duke it out in a new crossover fighting game coming to consoles next year. Multiple sources tell Polygon that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is currently in development and slated for release sometime in 2017.

>Capcom will unveil Marvel vs. Capcom 4 this week alongside Sony’s PlayStation Experience event, we’ve been told, where the Capcom Cup 2016 Street Fighter 5 tournament will be held.

>Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.

polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749536/marvel-vs-capcom-4-news

>Ant-man playable
Could be awesome.

>Doom probably not
Damn.

>Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.
Exactly as I feared. Dropped.
The Capcom side will most likely be lackluster as well.

Rev up the replacements

>Doom - Ultron
>Wolverine - Black Panther

>Storm - Wanda

By the way, they most likely will have their MCU looks too.

>MARVEL
Scott (uncanny x-men skin)
Emma (uncanny x-men skin)
Dr.Doom
Betsy
Fantomex
Xorn
Morlun or Ezekiel
Logan (old man logan skin)
Illyana
Terror
>CAPCOM
Breath of Fire characters
Onimusha characters
Tron Bonne
Asura

I got the chance to play the Shuma/Amaterasu/Thor dream team I dreamed of for years in Marvel 3. My hype for a new one is pretty low, especially considering the Capcom imbalanced UMVC3 on purpose.

Also the fact that they'll push marketing for character slots instead of trawling the archives makes me depressed.

>No Silver Surfer
>No Deadpool
>No Cyclops
>No Hauzer
>No Maximo

feels bad

Ms. Marvel will take over for Super-Skrull

I think you missed the memo where it said that it would be filled with MCU characters, no X-Men or F4.

Press F

I wouldn't believe any comments on the roster until it starts getting revealed. There's definitely going to be an MCU focus, but I doubt we're going to lose people like Wolverine and Deadpool (at least not the latter, that'd be throwing money away).

That said, MAKE THEM DREAM ROSTERS NOW, BOYSSSSSSS

But X-men is iconic and the MCU doesn't have enough characters.

There's a lot of speculation being touted as fact in that article.

>Wanda replaces Jean
>Carol replaces Storm
>Natasha replaces X-23

>MCU advertising will shit up the roster again

yay

Deadpool - Gwenpool
Phoenix - Loki
Sentinel - Hulkbuster Iron Man
Super-Skrull - No idea

Tell that to Marvel who have total control over the Marvel roster for the game.

>Super-Skrull - No idea
Kamala

This. Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Storm are probably safe...the rest maybe not so much.

If Capcom got Shuma into MvC3, they can get those guys in.

Doesn't he use Torch/Susan/Thing powers too?

>yfw Marvel will probably force more Inhumans wank.

We never said "straight replacements", just replacements.
And the roster from 3 wasn't that great anyway. 2 was still the best in that regard and had the best Marvel character design too

it'll probably draw more from MCU anyway regardless of whether the x-men are featured or not. marvel will promote their current brand.

expect black widow, black panther and loki at the very least. rocket and strange as starters this time around.

She'll be Super-Skrull with out the fire/rock/invisible powers.

>playable Rathalos

Back then Marvel didn't really give that much of a fuck about it. Capcom was basically "hey can we add this and this character" and they just nodded it off.

Damn I didn't cosider this at all.

What you don't like Kamala?

Black Bolt, Kamala, that big ass dog, and Karnak could be cool.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't know already that the roster will be fucking small. They could pretty much fill the last game's Marvel roster with MCU characters alone.

What games does Capcom even have that they can put in? I can't think of anything memorable and recent that isn't more Street Fight Shit

>Black Bolt
Now you're being optimistic here. It'll probably be Medusa.

I don't even care about the roster switch. Swapping to MCU characters will (hopefully) mean actual new characters instead of just new versions of the same old characters I've been playing since ps1.
who am I kidding? they'll be clones of the characters that got omitted

More importantly, will it have a proper control scheme (MVS, Alpha, CVS) instead of the kid-mode 3 attack buttons of MVC3?

They can just play it like they did last time. Phoenix Wright, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil. You know the more modern ones.
I won't expect Zero this time around though, Capcom clearly wants the brand to be dead now.
Monster Hunter would be cool.

>trusting capcom after SFV
Even mvc3's shitshow wasn't as bad as SFV despite doing stupid shit like shuma/jill dlc and making it casual as fuck with a dedicated launcher button

Post character wishlists and shit

>More importantly, will it have a proper control scheme (MVS, Alpha, CVS) instead of the kid-mode 3 attack buttons of MVC3?
HahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANo

>Based on the MCU

The dream is dead. Fuck the MCU.

>Wolverine and Magneto sitting this one out
You better have fucking Doom

I honestly take based on the MCU than based on NuMarvel
Imagine it being filled with Bendis' creations.

They will dumb it down even further because for the people who watched the movies but never played the games

He'll be a DLC skin for Iron Man

One of the rumors is that they are returning to 2 vs 2. Believe it.

F4 are in the same basket as the X-Men.

>Implying Capcom would touch nuMarvel.

They'd probably heavily be using 80s and 90s characters.

If they keep the Inhumans to just Black Bolt and Ms. Marvel, I'd be okay with that.

why do you retards keep this shit up

MCU is pretty sucky man. Regardless, even if it wasn't shit, the more obscure characters would be cool to see in a fighting game.

Doubt it.

>Rathalos and Kirin female/ Rathalos male hunters heavily requested for MvC3

>Monster hunter team says no

What shit? Bashing nuMarvel or commenting on 80s and 90s Marvel?

They will put beck and fatty megaman instead

>Capcom uses Kamala
>Do no research and basically make her a bubblier girl Dhalsim
Make it happen

>tfw you just remembered Dormammu is in the MCU

nice opinion

>nu
epic meme

>marvel vs capcom 4
>marvel game
>in this day and age
R.I.P

>tfw no MVC2-era Jill

a spiderman game is being made

Can't wait

>Capcom is the shittest it's ever been
>Marvel is shittests it's ever been
>Xmen and F4 gutted for MCU and Inshitmans

Everything is terrible.

Why would we lose non MCU characters now? MvC3 came out just fine in the midst of the character property wind down.

ok so

Sorry they want femwesker instead of qt beret jill

>nice opinion

When all your movies have the same plot, pacing, and feel, then your movies suck. Also, you're lying to yourself if you think the nuMarvel characters are good.

Marvel has the final say on the Marvel roster

>my opinion is fact

hahaha

>marvel isn't trying to sink the X-Men guys

They've had a good seven games run, that's enough. Give me some new characters.

Fuck, man, you're really bumming me out right now....

they can still use the x-men

you sound fucking stupid and you keep saying nuMarvel what the fuck does that even mean

As long as they actually use his comic look and not the movie one I'm game.

Well they gave Laura a different personality too

I supported my statement. The fact that you refuse to adress it just proves that I'm right.

Guess Deadpool's sitting out of this one as well since Fox won't be giving him back anytime soon either.
Good, Gwenpool can take his place

Devs on MvC3 were pushing really hard to bring back pretty much every character from MvC2 but Marvel nixed it and demanded new characters.

Their motives are reprehensible, but ultimately it was a good thing.

I thought Fox traded the FF rights back in exchange for merchandising rights for X-related characters. What happened to that?

>they can still use the x-men
>implying the Mouse will allow that

>yfw he comes back as a floating head

>back then Marvel didn't really give that much of a fuck about it. Capcom was basically "hey can we add this and this character" and they just nodded it off.

Actually if you were following back then they were extremely hands-on with MvC3, hence why Cyclops didn't return. Capcom had to beg to get Shuma in, Marvel saw it as a wasted slot.

>Nu

>New.

It's not that hard to figure out where that comes from.

Deadpool is such a draw for the demographic they want to hit with these games that I doubt they'll skip on him.

It was still a shitty thing to do. Especially since the roster all in all was smaller until Ultimate.

Fuck the Mouse he can suck my dick

It never happened and was just a rumour that you bought into.

It's temporary not permanent
>MAKE ME USE X FOR THIS MOVIE
>FINE BUT I'LL USE Y FOR OUR MOVIE
>K

To be fair Medusa would be far more interesting as a fighting game character. She'd probably call BB in for her level 3 anyway.

those are the movie rights they cant ues

are you fucking stupid

Explains why he was DLC

Yet I doubt we'll be getting any X character that Marvel don't want to market.
So maybe we'll get Storm. I can also see them putting X-23 in as the new Wolverine, since they want to push that angle and to take a piss at Fox for Logan.

>And the roster from 3 wasn't that great anyway. 2 was still the best in that regard
You mean a roster that was MUGEN before MUGEN was a thing, just cut-and-pasting every character from a past VS. game without accounting for gameplay balance?

Won't be getting Storm because she overlaps too much with Rashid.

Japs loves shuma to the point that dormammu x shuma art became a thing during mvc3's peak

You're the one getting autistic over nu.

>RE2 remake soon

Finally time for my boy Leon S. Kennedy to shine

Fucking what? Post pics or its not real.

Please let Domino be in it.

So like any Capcom vs. SNK?

so you think thay will get rid of storm him get the fuck out of here

no you retards keep saying thay will use new characters what characters are you so spooked they will put in that were not already in the games

>Keeping the Delusion Meme
>Quoting Polygon

CAPCOM JUST FUCKING SAID THAT THERE ARE NO FIGHTING GAMES COMING OFF UNTIL 2020!

Just because some faggot was "wouldn't be nice if this was a thing!?" does not mean JACK FUCKING SHIT

Games with tons of original sprites made just for them? No, not at all.

Knowing Capcom, they'll still put Wolverine in to maintain their perfect attendance record with him, and Marvel likely wouldn't be against one or two mutants as a token gesture to the X-fans.