Why does no one like the inhumans?

Why does no one like the inhumans?

Because they haven't read anything about them that's older than five years.

/thread

Because they are being terribly mishandled by Marvel right now, so comic readers are resentful.
And the casual audience don't know who the hell they are, and every attempt to make them recognizable just makes people confuse them with the X-Men.

Because they aren't the X-Men and they never will be, but Marvel keeps trying to make it happen.

I like them as a DC fan la'

They are nothing more than a poorman's mutant Marvel is forced to push because FOX owns movie rights for mutants.

Look at Agents of SHIELD and the new Inhuman comics. They aren't treated like aliens anymore, they are treated like old school mutant = niggers cliche. WE DONT WANT YOUR KIND HERE

Because they were just obscure enough that casual Marvel readers had never heard of them, and Marvel completely botched their "big push" to get those people who had never heard of them to like them so badly that they just got people to hate them instead. Meanwhile, the handful of people who did like them had to watch as Marvel threw out everything they liked about them in favor of trying to appeal to the people who had never heard of them by just turning them into discount X-men.

In other words,

This. It'd be like if Marvel took the Eternals and said "we want to make this lesser known but great property more well known" and accomplished that by just turning them into Asgardian knock-offs. People who like Asgardians already get their fill from the Thor franchise so why would they go for budget Asgardians? Meanwhile, the people who liked the Eternals liked them because they were the Eternals, not the Asgardians. If they wanted Asgardians they'd just read Thor.

Same deal. The people who liked the Inhumans are getting the X-men instead, people who like the X-men just see Inhumans as a rip-off and have no reason to abandon one for the other, and people who don't like the X-men have no reason to check out the Inhumans because they see them as too similar to a property they already don't like. Nobody wins in this scenario.

Luckily, the new Royals book seems to be going back to the Inhumans' roots but the fact that the word "inhuman" doesn't appear in any of the three new inhuman book's titles should say just how fucking horribly Marvel damaged the brand in their half-assed attempt at making them popular.

no matter how good something might be it's hard to enjoy it when it's forced down your throat non-stop

Inhuman genocide best day of my life

They're a fine bunch of characters, but far more useful in the grand scheme of things as supporting characters or more 'outsider' comics like the Knights series that let them be their own thing.

As 'core' characters they fail because they are basically mutants but not as cool.

Cyclops pls go

Jenkins series was overrated.
Appearances in FF (Hickman and Lee/Kirby) were underwhelming.
War of Kings was the worst of the Marvel Cosmic events and I couldn't finish it.

Literally the only interesting Inhumans story I ever read was Son of M.

Because Cyclops was right.

The Inhumocaust was a lie, Cyclops did nothing wrong.

They're shit people. They've recently owned slaves, they're monarchists, and their leader spent fifty odd years communicating through frowny faces.

Fuck em.

A similar thing happened to Guardians of the Galaxywhere it got gentryfied into what it is now.

I like them, but mostly as supporting FF characters. Their original appearance was one of the best classic FF stories imo.

In order for these people to survive and win, they will have to kill deadpool's daughter, meaning before this is over, the mutants are going to win, by someone who isn't even a full mutant.

That is all.

I like them a lot, more than the X-Men, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

>Worst comic characters ever created
>supervillains pushed as heroes that everyone loves
>commit large scale genocide and murder with no consequences
>characters people like (X-men) dragged through the mud for their sake
>forced into every book
>forced into every show

I refuse to buy another Marvel book until every Inhuman is killed. Not just written out- I want to see them die.

The answer is Ike Perlmutter.

That was way before the movie and for the better

Because Marvel/Ike Perlmutter are pushing them in way that they don't fit as an X-Men replacement when they're not as a concept meant for that or suited to it.

The Royal family are interesting and have had great stories about them over the years.

But expanding their numbers and replacing terrigenisis as the go to Marvel origin simply because you got into a bad licensing deal with Fox is retarded for story telling. You just end up with bland boring generic dime store X-Men in clearly editorially mandated stories.

So, I started reading the Inhumans after Infinity. I thought "Hey, new franchise, it might be cool", and I'll admit, I did enjoy the series...to a degree. Some of the new characters like ISO, Naja, Auran and the Reader were well done.

...but then we get to Medusa.
Mother fucking Medusa.
Medusa is so fucking boring in this book. She goes on and on about her right to rule, and on and on about how everything must rest on her shoulders cause Blackbolt was in Hickman's Avengers stuff. Medusa isn't interesting. Period. Hell, if Crystal was there, maybe she could have played off of her, but Crystal was non-existent through the longest time of the book. There is an arc where Medusa turns evil during AXIS, tries to start a war with the humans, throws a tantrum and leaves, and then meets a guy at a bar, gains sanity again, and goes back. Utterly waste of time when more interesting characters were doing things elsewhere.
On top of Stegman's art just turning fucking awful, I dropped the book because it wasn't going anywhere. It was just Medusa, this character everyone acts is so interesting when her whole gimmick is that her hair is over the top. After Secret Wars, I picked up All New Inhumans instead and GUESS WHAT, the book was great! Much better than the dragging Inhumans book. Oh look, that book got canceled.

Seriously, fuck the Inhumans book. Only a few characters are great, but Medusa needs to be killed because she is just the worst.

The Classic Royal Family we love.

It's the Nu"totally not X-Men, honest"humans that people don't really care about except for Kamala.

The changes Bendis introduced were specifically because he was trying (poorly) to ape the upcoming movie. Everything from Rocket pissed off he's called a racoon to Peter's daddy issues to Gamora ditching the "red sonja in space" vibe. Also,

>For the better

Marvel has a nasty habit of assuming fans eat their bullshit.
>>Why are the Inhumans so protective over their cloud?
>>Because it's sacred
>>But it's killing Mutants!
>>Yeah, but the cloud makes new Inhumans
>>Why do we need more Inhumans?
>>Because we need more Inhumans

This is the logic they tell fans and they never explain at all in their books. They have this idea that "if the protagonists says it, it means they're right".

>War of Kings was the worst of the Marvel Cosmic events and I couldn't finish it
You shitting me? War of the Kings was great!

Though, you made me remember another big fumble by Marvel. Crystal. Crystal was easily the most likable Inhuman during that time of the Inhumans. While all of them were being stubborn and pig-headed, Crystal was the only one reaching out and trying to make amends with people.
Flash forward to the Inhumans push, and Crystal was nowhere to be found. Even Medusa answered a question of "Where is your family" and she said "Blackbolt is not here, and Lockjaw is on a mission." Marvel cared more about the Inhumans dog than Crystal, who was an Avenger, Fantastic Four member and married to Quicksilver.
This is the core problem with modern day Marvel. They don't actually look at the dynamics of teams or characters and what makes them tick. They briefly skim them and then take what they think worked and make it all about these surface level skimming. It's like Young Jean Grey. This girl is constantly reading other people's minds without permission, mind controlling others, and a straight up bitch to be honest, and yet she's treated like she's this sweet angel that the world has wronged and needs to be pushed so much. It missed so much of the point of the character that it's just nauseating.

I don't know when Marvel is going to get a kick in the ass and realize that it needs to get its act together, but I'm waiting for it.

If Ewing can't right the Inhuman ship, then no one can.

He assumed you meant Giffen/DnA taking the Guardians of the Galaxy and using their name for something completely different.

Isn't she already dead thanks to Madcap?

He's already promising a death, and it won't be Blackbolt. I'm hoping it's Medusa.

I think its because they see the Inhumans as a forced replacement for Mutants due to Marvel still not having the movie rights to them. F4 gets shunted into being the divine creators of the multiverse and thus no longer a comic series. Mutants are being slowly killed off.

Some Marvel exec thought that Inhumans were the same thing as Mutants if you squint at them hard enough and don't pay attention to anything else.

Nah, he's saying someone "won't come back." That could just mean they're staying in space, and considering Black Bolt's ongoing is about him being in Cosmic Prison with Absorbing Man as his cell mate, dude's probably just getting arrested.

It's yet another attempt to make the new, hip, totally radical superhero team in town that everyone is going to like and all the "hip young kids" are going to latch onto because of how culturally diverse they are!

Inhumans are board-room marketing garbage. They weren't made to tell a story, they weren't made to be a character; they were made because Fox fucked up Marvel's rights and the mouse got angry about it.

So here we are, we have a bunch of unlikable characters that no one wants to make a decent story with because every writer at Marvel is too busy virtue signaling instead of trying to make entertainment.

Who here remembers back when DC tried the exact same shit in the 90's? with multiple superhero teams? We had the X-Force, New Guardians, Thunderbolts, Generation X, and many more.

New Guardians is probably the one I think of when I think of the inhumans. DC tried making the most diverse superhero team available at the time with the worst writers imaginable and it flopped. It had a gay vampire, an asian cyborg, and a black lesbian. Yet, it flopped just like inhumans will flop. Why? Because they were never made to be characters in a story, they were made by a focus group trying to make the most tolerant and targeted thing imaginable. No one remembers them, and in a few years we will only remember maybe two or three of the inhumans.

She is alive in 2099 so I'd assume either coma or he will find some way to bring her back.

I thought he was promising a character death.

I mean, it wasn't COMPLETELY different. The original concept was a bunch of war survivors banding together against impossible odds that no one else could be arsed to handle. DnA really just removed the time travel aspect.

Even the movie and Bendis are not far removed from the concept. They're somewhat more like the Starjammers, but even the original Guardians were freedom fighters operating out of a starship.

Just to be clear, are you talking solely about the new inhumans made post-Infinity, or do you genuinely think that all inhumans were created in the last few years.

He was careful about his phrasing. He never said die or death. Only that they wouldn't be coming back from the trip.

On second thought I can't even say DnA removed the time travel because vol 2 had at least one short arc about it IIRC.

Post-infinity

I know inhumans were a thing before, but the sudden focus on trying to make them a team is killing the few of them that are worth saving. It's why I think we'll eventually end up dropping them all and being left with maybe two or three who will exist on name recognition in due time.

Superhero team-ups that don't work have destroyed viable characters who used to be solo in the past.

The Royals are a Marvel staple. Even if they drop this whole inhumans push, they're not going anywhere and at worst will just return to being supporting characters.

The nuHumans though, yeah, they're not going to survive into 2020 outside of maybe Kamala.

Can't speak for die hard marvel fans as I haven't read much marvel but to me they just seem like what marvel is trying to replace the X-Men with and I liked the X-Men or at least some of the mutants so fuck the Inhumans and Marvel. Also in almost everything I've read they come off as huge self important self obsessed douchebags. Like the worst parts of the Amazonians and the Guardians of the Universe rolled into one. From this thread they seem to have a rich history but from what I've seen they seem like assholes. Wish Scott took them out.

>From this thread they seem to have a rich history but from what I've seen they seem like assholes
Oh no, make no mistake, they've always been assholes.

People who actually have read Inhumans stuff like them, they just don't like the current situation.

>Be X-men fan since childhood
>See them get shoved aside and shit on
>Be told to like these new guys instead
>None are engaging, all of them are assholes
>Marvel expects me to get invested in them and consider them heroes

They've always been assholes, but at least they were assholes with some interesting things going on. Now they're assholes in the same setting as everyone else and just trying to steal the mutants's role.

To expand my point basically I never cared for the Inhumans. They were FORCED on me as a long time X fan. I don't mind Inhumans in the MCU because studio rights are a different matter, but why should I as a comic reader suffer because of the sins of a bunch of studios. For this alone I hope their new show will fail as hard as AoS. It's petty but fuck them.

Sup Forums here.

I know the character Black Bolt and he seems pretty cool. I know fuck all about the rest of them, though.

Really, that seems to happen a lot at Marvel recently. They've gotten exceedingly proactive in their attempts to make you like things to a point where it's just off-putting.
I don't know what Disney's management did, or even if it's them at all, but it's been bad decision after bad decision these last few years.

get outta here hothead

you actually just summed up pretty much everyone who doesn't read in Inhumans knowledge about the Inhumans though, so well done

What a pointless post. You can go now.

Given how Marvel: The Untold Story goes, I'd kind think similar things would have happened before the Disney buyout.

The new writer for Black Bolt seems to be a fan of the traditional Inhumans, might we see something closer to that or will he be forced by editorial to write what Marvel wants?

>And as far as the Inhumans, I find them compelling because—although this has shifted recently—traditionally, we’ve seen them as a hidden people, and a kind of parallel people. With the X-Men, I consider it integral to their story that they come up in human families and exist within human society. Whereas with the Inhumans, classically—though they’ve seen some changes in the last few years—they have their own society, and Black Bolt serves as the king of these hidden people. Yet, they have very human personalities and dynamics, so they serve as kind of a mirror image of human society, and I think people find that interesting.

>I don't know what Disney's management did, or even if it's them at all, but it's been bad decision after bad decision these last few years.
Disney hasn't really touched Marvel at all

Blame Perlmutter.

X-Men but with farts.

Sorry, to clarify

Disney has barely touched the comics part. They separated the movies into a whole new division, completely apart from Marvel

I genuinely do like the Inhuman royal family and the shit they get up to. But now that they're just a bunch of assholes acting like actual villains I'm really starting to dislike them.

There isn't actually a rule that says you have to be an x-gene mutant to join the x-men so you could get crossover

it's actually genuinely surprising there isn't any since inhumans are mutants

Because they went from acting like Wakanda to acting like a caricature of Magneto at his worst

>Be told to like these new guys instead

No one's forcing you, really. Like them or hate them, it's your decision to go see them. Always has been. Just hate when people feel the need for melodrama

Because they're just Diet Mutants with an annoying Special Snowflake complex.

In a perfect world the Avengers would unite with the X-men in order to destroy the cloud and kick those Inhumans back to the moon.

That wouldn't even require a perfect world, just a rational one.

Why isn't the government complaining about the Inhumans?

Because everyone hates Mutants, and because you do not piss off a bunch of guys with sleeper agents inside your country.

Especially when their leader is basically a living nuclear weapon.

Because whoever's in charge of the Inhuman response is secretly planning on weaponizing Inhumans as a sort of domestic X-men outfit for black ops

Question.
Is there a stronger inhuman than Blackbolt? Because to me it seems that there are various mutants that could take him out without being in his range (strong telepaths from Jean to Nate plus weather controllers Iceman and Storm thoughthis two have been nerfed for years now)

This whole conflict seems pointless, even AvX seemed more balanced.

Why don't the X-men ask Juggernaut to kill Black Bolt?

Blackbolt is resistant to mental attacks.

He's also got a great deal of physical prowess as well as numerous smaller abilities, such as flight and the ability to create clothing out of thin air by controlling molecules or some shit, I forget.

He can beat most enemies without his speaking. It just makes for cool beat panels.

Discount mutants, pushed because Fox has muties rights

I first saw the Inhumans in the Fantastic 4 cartoon in the 90's. Even as a child, I found them boring and shitty.

Though I'm certain I read stuff with the Inhumans when I got back into comics in the early 2000's, the earliest I can pinpoint specifically is Silent War almost 10 years ago. It didn't change my childhood opinion. It did make me think Maximus is probably the only semi-interesting character they've got, but then, he's a scheming trickster, and these aren't uncommon.

My point is, I've always found the Inhumans boring. Their backstory is crap, their designs are ugly, the core characters are uninteresting, and they work best as antagonists if not straight up villains.

Because if some other species of intelligent life was existing on earth and all of them posessed some manner of destructive power, I think Shield and the Avengers would've been dealing with them already. Something that big doesn't go secret.

fpbp

Mostly just X-fags who whine that X-Men are finally being swept away.

As if that's a bad thing when X-Men hasn't been good in like decades

>None are engaging, all of them are assholes
How's that any different from X-Men?

Inhumans brainwash people in charge.

As a casual observer, this is how I see it.
Combine that with Marvel's general shittiness over the past decade(?) (more? they were good for a while after the xtreme 90's, that much I'm sure of) and you're left having nothing but contempt for them.

because they're cunt. always was, always will be.

The only older thing I've read with them was Jenkins run which seemed neat

The newer books make them really unlikable but not in an intentional way and they're fucking everywhere

I'd like to believe that most of the people in Government position believe that the Inhumans are an invading enemy that's taking over the planet with their infectious clouds, and that they're just waiting for the other superheroes to stop them.

But they haven't yet, so now everybody is tip toeing as best they can.

I always get the inhumans mixed up with these guys

Marvel has been shit for 30 years.

The Royal Family are basically the only ones worth knowing.
Black Bolt is... well, he's fucking Black Bolt. He's a Kirby character who can punch out the Hulk, has a voice that can literally shatter mountains, and used to have matter/energy manipulation abilities.
Crystal is basically the Avatar, and despite being one of the most well connected Inhumans before the push (Quicksilver's wife, Human Torch's ex, former member of Avengers AND Fantastic Four), Marvel is pushing her to the side.
Lockjaw is a massive fucking teleporting dog. Like, he's big enough that he could swallow a baby would having to chew. He's great.

Then there's the others.
Karnak technically doesn't have powers, but can read any weak point and shatter an object by striking it. As you can imagine, that basically makes him the biggest jobber this side of Galactus.
Maximus the Mad is Black Bolt's batshit insane brother, who's basically Loki.
Medusa, before the push, was famous for being the first Inhuman we were introduced to (member of the Frightful Four), and served mostly as Black Bolt's interpreter (turns out, being a King is tricky when you can't talk) and his cousin/Queen. Now, for reasons I can't fathom, she's basically THE Inhuman character.
There's also Gorgon (stomp guy) and Triton (freaky fish guy).

Inhumans have better PR.