You faggots only claim to hate jumpscare because they always get you, bunch of pussies

You faggots only claim to hate jumpscare because they always get you, bunch of pussies.
>muh subtle psychological horror for intellectuals such as myself

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506021020811.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506021089008.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they actually never get me, just cause they get you does not mean they get me, got it?

if you build up a scare to be nothing but a scare with no consequences it's shit, when you actually get a murderous payoff only then is it worthwhile.

t. scared of jumpscares

I'm 18 minutes into this film and it's so insanely cringeworthy, not even shitposting
>main characters are a fat downie, a stuttering autist, and a trans girl

Jump scares aren't genuinely scary, though. It's the same as flinching. Your body will normally jump or flinch whenever you get "scared". Doesn't mean it's scary.

Everyones know IT is overrated and remembered only because we all identified with bro tier crew of kids against the goddamn scary clown and the fucking school bullies, those were nice memories.
But sincerely that movie sucks (only the kid part was memorable) and even the book sucks, in fact Stephen King is overrated as a writer and most people just prefers the movie adaptations.

>haha this cheap startling moment startled you! you got OWNED BY TOP SHELF HORROR!!

jumpscares are great, but most are too predictable and you can see them coming a mile away

But they are, that's the definition of scary.
Whatever shit like Le Witch or other reddit core horror totally not horror movies do is just drama and boredom.

Tell me, would this scene be more effective with eardrum shattering music when the lights come back on?
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506021020811.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506021089008.webm

I want horror movies to leave me too afraid to turn off the lights. Jump scares have never done that

Already after first half of the movie. I think it is a critique of the society. Very bad depiction of females who seem to be lazy, passive, violent creatures, waiting for the alpha males to suck out all their energy. All the rest are sheep to slaughter. Pennywise talking with Georgie had many female features, it even was similar to one nasty bitch I met once.

that's nice

No movie does that unless you are high on something.
The Ring did fuck me up for a while tho

Cheap jump scares are truly pure kínéma, I literally discovered what peak kinography is when I this spooky man in bad makeup jumped on screen. OP is my goddang brother from another mother.
EDIT: Thanks for the upvotes!

Jumpscares are not scary: they're startling.

There is a difference, you dummies.

Yes, when an extremely loud noise plays suddenly my body usually tenses up. So scary, that's totally why I dislike them.

Horror movies just aren't scary to me, jump scares or not. For me to enjoy a horror film it has to have an interesting plot and good characters.

Or gore, gore is pretty cool.

>no movie does that
>there's a movie that does that
the absolute state

what's that from?

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o

>Yeah I'm a thrill seeker
>I don't do drugs, I do horror movies.

pretty much this. also the more the unmerrier