Golan the Insatiable

Remember this show?
It's sad they never had a scene where Dylan wears one of Golan's bracelets as a headband. the one where he shed his skin would have been perfect

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_Domination_High-Def#2013
a.pomf.cat/onztou.jpg
a.pomf.cat/zgmwbh.png
a.pomf.cat/zugnzg.png
a.pomf.cat/rgvwdy.png
a.pomf.cat/pvhbqv.png
a.pomf.cat/rwgkcg.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why the hell did the mods kill the last thread?

you mean ?

no idea. it was a good thread
let's just continue

I honestly felt like they killed the show by restarting it without the father and showing Golan's homeworld kicking him out.

Mods always nuke Golan threads for some reason, even though they don't break any rules.

yeah the intro of the original show kinda set the scene perfectly
A) he's in command of humans, not a bunch of similar monsters
B) they were just about to rise up, when dylan's spell vortex activated and saved him
that part's brilliant because he owes her but can never admit it, instead he has to act like he wants to get back.. but as we saw, even when she got the return spell right, he was like fuckit.

first i've seen of it

Mods are fags.

First version could actually be decent at sweetness. That time her dad allowed Golan to mock him in order to protect Dylan's childish whimsy was adorable.

Shame Dad got deleted for the second version.

Why was this show cancelled?

technically it didn't. it just never got renewed

I am like.. 98% sure Dylan is upside-down you guys
I just don't know what we're going to do about it

I wonder what the korean audience thinks of the distinctly american jokes. do they get what minnesota is?

Tomoko!?

I don't think it was cancelled, they only planned to produce 6 episodes.

Kinda generic Asian cuteness.

wut

lookin pretty uguu right now

The second season changed so much. Golan wears briefs instead of a thong, Richard Beekler is nowhere to be seen- which was horrible since he was a funny character, such a cuck, and they changed Mackenzie B's personality.

I think it was more like an art project on Animation Domination High Def. Like the other cartoons on ADHD like the shorts, High School USA, Lucas Brothers Moving Corp. and Axe Cop. They weren't really designed to last and sell merchandise. They were just meant to entertain on Saturday nights at 11:00 PM.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_Domination_High-Def#2013

>Golan wears briefs instead of a thong
I think that's more the art style
>ADHD
the sad thing is that would have worked great, except they didnt commission NEARLY enough programming. did they really think those same few episodes could be recycled endlessly for YEARS without any new content?
they didnt pay people much either. the axe cop guy got fucking shit for pay, and had to take time off of the comic.. which obviously now cant continue because the kid is grown up. at least his new comic is good, but he's always complaining of money problems

Golan the Insatiable has a lot in common with Son of Zorn. Son of Zorn may be the second attempt at getting the formula right.

Both are cartoons about a violent warlord coming to Earth to live with a normal family. Son of Zorn is more relatable and an adult cartoon that is fit for Sunday nights.

I miss the shit out of lucas bros

Lacks metal/goth loli. Fail.

it's also shitty as hell. also i think you're making a BIG leap by calling them similar. They're almost opposite really, since one is about a villain becoming a lazy pseudohero, while the other is a hero bumping up against the fact that by normal-world standards he's a psycho criminal

god that really would have made the show better, considering its most major weakpoint is the terrible michael cera knockoff they got for the son
shouldve been a goth daughter.. and the joke is that he got used to the idea of having a son and pre-wrote a bunch of legends about THE SON OF ZORN and is shoehorning her into them
meanwhile she's into darkness and blood and shit but he's too much of a he-man type for it to fit whatsoever.

I know it's not much user but that idea was adorable and I loved the original version of this show too so I made you this. :

You're a good'un, user.

It's perfect

not much?
i want to give you like the opposite of a punch in the face, and then whatever that is, like six of them. and that's the most I've felt in that direction towards strangers on the internet all day. I can't believe my random suggestion made that
and here all I could do is sketch her upside-down. you are great.
also the spiked shoes are great

This must have happened before since she made sure to wear shorts under her skirt.

Is this show actually good or is there just a circle jerk of pedophiles obsessing over it?

Both incarnations are decent. I can't say I'm too broken up about there never being any more but they're worth watching.

we need more fanart of Dylan as a Teen

time for maximum lewd; a.pomf.cat/onztou.jpg

I just figured she'd be a boxers type

Loli Dylan best Dylan.

as fucked up as this art (and the rest of it) is, I have to admit it matches the tone and nature of the show

Do girls wear boxers? I thought the lack of dangling genitalia wouldn't leave much motivation.

what do you mean? boxers are the ones that don't support your package
girls arent supposed to wear any tight-fitting cloth against that zone, but the culture is pretty ingrained, so I would think she'd compromise with looser things
probably wore the fuck out of puffy bloomers when she was still in LITTLE BUDDY mode

well she can't be a loli forever

Dylan being a size queen when she get older feels right

So I posted this in the last thread but Nathan being Dylan's dad fits surprisingly well; very dark hair (no one else in her family has it), green eyes, pretty stupid, into metal shit.

In the second version I don't think they even mention Dylan's dad but even in the first one Dick getting cucked fits with what a wimp he usually is.

man now I'm imagining after that episode Dylan digs up a spell to giver herself some boobs, resulting in Oppai Loli shenanigans, maybe even spiraling out of control in a manner similar to that Mandy sequence Zst-Xkn did ages ago...

reminds me of my theory that the Gangreen Gang from Powerpuff Girls are the illegitimate children of Murdoc from The Gorillaz

not my bag, but i'd laugh my ass off at an episode where she straight up aged herself up, and then a bunch of teenagers were trying to invite her into their shit and she just thinks it's all gross and lame

Alexis art anyone?

yeah that could be pretty great Satan

also this is the sequence I was talking about;

a.pomf.cat/zgmwbh.png

a.pomf.cat/zugnzg.png

a.pomf.cat/rgvwdy.png

a.pomf.cat/pvhbqv.png

a.pomf.cat/rwgkcg.png

well damn drawn
pretty much what i imagined. the sexual obsession with the grotesque is fascinating. I guess it comes from a repressive environment contrasting with the practical realities of biology. then again we have stone figures dating back far enough to laugh at the idiots who think they know how to date that far, that look JUST like that.

>pretty much what i imagined. the sexual obsession with the grotesque is fascinating
it is, has no reflections on my real world preferences though(fair amount of segregation between what I like in 2D and in Reality)

also I figure considering the nature of GTI, it'd probably work best if we go as over the top and ridiculous as possible

that's kind of what i hated about the second series. it had a lot more of that Drawn Together insanity to it.. I preferred the relatively lower-key insanity from the original
but it still had lots of good things and some legit laughs that wouldnt have been possible if they were worried about continuity

eh in this day and age you kinda have to go over the top for Adult Animation in order for it to succeed

I can't really deny that, but I do submit bob's burgers as an example to the contrary

Bob's Burgers is the exception that proves the rule, much like King of The Hill was back in the day

I miss the dad. They didn't really do much with Golan being a father-figure for Dylan and the dad being too much of a pushover to even care about being cucked was funny.

cute

Her voice makes her a great waifu.

Also, changing Golan's voice wasn't an improvement.

MT, issat you?