I'm a feminist. Do you think sexism against women still exists today?

I'm a feminist. Do you think sexism against women still exists today?

>I'm a feminist
Fuck off roastie.

> feminism

kys

>ITT

of course it exists

but the scale and impact have been blown out of all proportion

>My name is hugh mungus
>HELP I'M BEING RAPED

If you don't agree it's bait, I get it.

Who cares.

I'm pretty sure sexism exists today, but only really in media like video games, movies, and song, less so in the establishment and industry.

GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEE

You should care because sexism affects men too. The media you consume will definitely make you act different towards women.

b8 thread but sure
do you support the rape that muslims all over europe are practicing
i mean, i argued with a few of you western degenerates about this already
and it seems that you feminists support islam and their rape culture
explain to me, why?

Not in the US

Honestly, I haven't followed up on the whole immigration issue in Europe.

I started this thread actually because I wanted to talk about a song that I think is really sexist, but on the surface seems harmless, to show how innocuous misogyny can appear to be.

Femanon here...feminism is antiwoman. If you don't know or recognize the damage that this ideology has had on our country, then you need to literally kys.

GET OUT ROASTIE

sexism, racism, any 'ism is perpetual
it's human nature

just find a way to deal with it in a mature manner

insisting that blacks and woman and gays and muslims are children who need protection from the big bad world is patronising at best

Don't reply to your own thread, faggot.

I just think the media we consume can be potentially detrimental, especially when that said media aspouses really, REALLY sexist ideals. I think more art should portray how people ought to act. Media has an affect on people

Drop dead you norwegian cuck.

No

I'm a femanon though. How can I be a cuck? hahaha

of course there are sexist people. but institutional sexism is a bit hard to believe. who benefits from half of the worlds population being kept down?

Let me guess, it's Tiny Dancer?

oops you weren't addressing me.

no

It's actually Sh-boom. You know, the one that goes.

Oh, life could be a dream [sh-boom]
If I could take you up in paradise up above [sh-boom]
If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love*

Are you crazy? The media promotes feminist fantasies 24/7. Commercials, sitcoms, movies. Get a clue.

In the US it's really only in the work force, but that's just because most people see a female Harvard graduate's profile and assume "affirmative action." The same feminist agenda that's getting underqualified women into big name schools is doing a massive disservice to actually well-qualified women.

I KNOW it seems like a joke, and bait but hear me out.

No cunt

>Does sexism against women still exist today

Are you fucking serious? You're a piece of shit for even supposing that that's a valid question, you ameriturd.

Women are literally stoned today on our planet still.

In /our/ society, barely.

>inb4 shill normie ree

could you give an example of sexist ideals in the media?

I was replying to the norwegian. Do you know how this board works?

You haven't followed up on the immigration issue? Europe is burning and you haven't even looked?
Yeah, this is why women shouldn't ever vote unless they have a husband.

kys

Cleavage with timestamp? Do it for the greater good.

Airline Industry?

Can I slap your face if you slap me first, OP?

>I'm a feminist. Do you think sexism against women still exists today?
No, I don't

In america I believe that sexism exists but that there are tools available to you to remedy your situation. So, for instance, if an employer paid you less just because you are a woman (and no other reason) you can sue them for pay discrimination.

burn their dirty parts clean

I'm a traditional roman catholic virgin. I'm not the kind of girl that posts pics like that.

I believe similarly. Obviously there is less institutionalized sexism than there was a few decades ago, but the media I still feel is rampantly sexist. I don't want censorship, just for people to educated and recognize sexism even in the most unlikely of places, like even love songs for instance.

yall jubilant catarinas posting in a troll thread

It does in the middle east.

It SHOULD be here but isn't.

Yes, but the problem is that most "feminists" tend to target areas where sexism doesn't actually exist, i.e. video games, TV, movies, comics, college campuses, etc.

Gimme dat harem!

I don't know, but sexism against men does.

It's called feminism.

Yeah it turns men into beta cucks and racemixing faggots.

Like I was saying, the song Sh-Boom is one of the most iconic American love songs, but it's also very problematic.

> Oh, life could be a dream [sh-boom]
> If I could take you up in paradise up above [sh-boom]
> If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love*

I take issue with this verse because the singer is giving a demand to the woman (who, incidentally, hasn't even been identified by name yet.)
"Tell me I'm the only one that you love" is not something anyone says in a healthy, communicative relationship.

Can we hear some examples of what you consider sexism? That would be helpful.

>Zika
Fuck off your egocentric fat
I did not understood the image tho.

Like I was saying about the song Sh-Boom, when we take the lyrics at face value, they paint a picture of a man telling a woman to love him and him alone, without concern for her thoughts or feelings.
There is no respect for the female's autonomy in this instance. Here, we see a cut-and-dry image of prototypical man controlling woman, in its most ugly form.
And we haven't even read the worst of it yet!

People are dying.
And you worry about song lyrics.
Feminists are cancer.

Are you effing serious? Did you learn that crap in a women's studies class? FFS. KYS

Just go die in a fire you degenerate whore. Indentured slavery was legalized and you didn't bat an eye. You are just a man hating piece of shit that is unable to empathize with the opposite sex.

I know right, the whole of fucking Europe is falling to Islamic immigration, but do you know what the real issue is?

A "misogynist"song!

People like OP are what's causing the West's rapid decay.

I bet op has sympathy with leftists communists as well.

Twat

>Do you think sexism against women still exists today?
Yes, what a stupid, vague question.

What's really cancer is this:

> Life could be a dream, sweetheart

> Oh, life could be a dream [sh-boom]
> If only all my precious plans would come true*

Notice how the artist says nothing of her plans, her desires, or her wants. He only addresses his own "precious plans". He didn't even say "our plans". In this verse, he is strictly imposing his own agenda.

>I'm a feminist.
Are you one of the sane but misinformed people who are confusing feminism with egalitarianism, or are you an actual female supremacist?

Worse still, there are no instances in the latter parts of the song where the singer addresses the woman's aspirations.
He talks about 'loving' her, yes, but it's obvious what that means. It's clear this man is seeking to take advantage of the her, and whether or not she enjoys the ordeal is secondary for him.

That's not cancer, you stupid woman. That is a song. Write your own song. Make it as feminist as you want.
Don't expect us to give one crap about your stupid song while people are actually dying.
There are real problems, yours is not one of them.

/thread.

It's just a song. Someone chose words they thought sounded good together. Theres a good chance it wasn't written by the performer.

Should I be concerned with the song that says girls run this world?

>problematic
You still being alive is problematic

Sexism does exist, but being incendiary doesn't help. a king to oversee the balance of the sexes would be best, but alas here we are.

I'm afraid the troubles of feminism and women are the troubles of everyone, dear sir.

> If you would let me spend my whole life lovin' you
> Life could be a dream, sweetheart*

So, not only is this song about ordering a woman to present affection to a man (noted above), but also illustrates a controlling relationship, in which the aforementioned man forces his desired mate to be his sole partner for his entire life.
"Spend my whole life lovin' you" isn't even innocuous at face value. When you read that, the misogyny is front and center, clear as crystal.

It's not my problem. My problem is a 5 year old girl getting raped by 3 muslim faggots who aren't dead yet.
Your song is literally the last thing on my list of priorities, doesn't even make the top 100.

I love that song.

What is wrong with you?

I suppose Keats and Shelly are sexist too, now. (Not that I am equating Keats and Shelly with the Doo-wop)

Feminists are all man hating whores with no sense of mirth or humor. Gawd.

This is a song about a man who is forcing a woman to do things she potentially doesn't have the desire to do.
This is how rape culture is perpetuated. When people listen to this music without really addressing the sexist overtones, it's problematic for everyone.

>the problems women face are the problems of everyone
>indentured servitude is your problem

Yeah. Kill yourself.

this isn't feminism, it is the opposite, it is men responding to women's demands that they be the leaders, accomplishers, alpha males to get the pussy

it is, if anything, misandry, but only idiots get butt blasted about it

Wasn't there something a supposed female was supposed to display or else she must exit the board?

>Only the workforce

Woman are treated very equally in the workforce it has to be the least discriminating out of anything in the US

> Now every time I look at you
> Something is on my mind [dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-duh]
> If you do what I want you to
> Baby, we'd be so fine

There are so many things wrong with this bar of music. I'll start with the singer's mention of "looking at" at the woman.
The act of looking at a sexually appealing woman isn't a problem in and of itself, but in this context, what we're observing is objectification. Based on everything the singer has said prior, it's clear that the woman's needs are null to him.
And as you know, when a person is reduced to a sex object - something which is valued for only its physical appeal - that person is being objectified. This problem is exacerbated when you note that the singer says "every time (I look at you)",
implying that he is oggling the female on a regular basis. Note that this woman's opinion of the matter is not ever addressed... but that shouldn't surprise you at this point.
"Something is on my mind". Oh we know what's on your mind. If you don't understand the subtext here, I'll explain that the thing enrapturing the singer's mind is the potential sexual encounter with the woman.
Again, by itself, this verse is harmless, but after reading the above verses, the exclamation that "something is on my mind" is downright creepy.
"If you do what I want you to..." The sexism here should be clear as day. If you can't see how the man is addressing himself as the subject and subjecting the woman to the role of an object in this verse, you're simply shunning the facts.

"If you do what I want you to..." I mean, seriously? This is really sickening.

Who cares. Oh no I act different towards women ohhhh nooooo.
If humanity successfully reproduced for billions of years while sexism existed, it can continue to do so.

>ITT: Moronic Femarxist examines fucking song lyrics like an autist

>I don't have a boyfriend.
We know. Take it to tumblr.

Thanks for ignoring the dissection. Now try putting on your logic-hat and reading the analysis again.

Yes, but it's incredibly mild compared to yesteryear and will never disappear. The best thing you can do is learn to not let it bother you.

Yes, but calling all attempts from men to initiate the mating ritual as rape will eventually lead to the defeat of your cause. Save the rape word for actual fucking rape and women need to learn to use the words I'm not interested when they do not want that kind of attention.

>sexism against women
If you were a real feminist, you wouldn't have specified the "against women" part. Feminists think it's impossible to be sexist against men.

When did you stop taking your meds?

>we don't want to be objectified
>which is why >99% of us cake ourselves in makeup, color our hair, dress like sluts, etc.

time to come to terms with your split personality disorder darling

Rape culture? That's a meme.

I am now certain you got this bullshit from your dyke women's studies professor. I hope you aren't majoring in that, or you are going to be working at H&M for the rest of your life.

All in all, Sh-Boom is a pleasant melody, but with a vile message conveyed throughout controlling and power-hungry lyrics. It's damaging and problematic for people to consume this male-dominated media without analyzing what the lyrics mean.
These problematic lyrics may be indicative of the artist's subconscious misogyny, but we also have to analyze these works in the historical context in which they were written.

The purpose of this dissection was to show the blatant misogyny that women face on the daily basis, even in seemingly innocuous places. This should teach you that there is hostile sexism everywhere, even in the media that seems the most quaint or polite.

I hope my analysis has opened the eyes of some of you 4channers. Goddess knows you need this information most. I expect the responses to this post will be akin to wailing and gnashing of teeth, but I trust that my message will get across to some of you.

Remember that for every user who posts a hostile comment, there is another who neglects to write a post, but -understands -what -I'm -saying. I didn't come here to hurt feelings, I came here to open eyes.

He's the French Angel, you retarded fuck. Show some respect.

Rollan.

How about instead you talk about circumcision or how alimony and child support is mostly paid by men and how courts favor women instead of obsessing over pop lyrics?

not even a bad ryuko and satsuki cosplay desu

Fuck that. Rerollan.

Circumcision is known to be a procedure that's healthy for male genitalia and more hygienic in the long run.

In all fairness, you are not a human being merely a piece of ass

The jews got to you I see

It does, just not in the western world and honestly. Sexism isn't that bad a thing.