Batman

What is your favourite 'endgame' for Batman in an elseworlds story Sup Forums? Or do you feel Batman should never retire?

Other urls found in this thread:

jl.toonzone.net/episode50/episode50.htm
youtu.be/PETk8eBbfN0?t=2m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dying peacefully in bed at an old age with Terry and maybe Clark at his side.

Bitter and alone for being a dick to everyone.

I really felt feels when I saw this in the theater especially because someone I knew had falsely "spoiled" that he died in the movie and I believed them. I actually shed a tear when the batwing exploded over the horizon. But then it made me happy when it turned out that he survived and was able to live happily ever after with sexy Catwoman. I went into the movie thinking it would be a story of how Batman failed but in fact he's one of the few if only one to break the cycle and free himself from Gotham.

Morrison eternal fight and gaiman book are the real answer. He will die fighting, true to himself, to the people he cares about, to justice and to the innocents he wants to protect. Bruce may be dead but batman and Robin will never die

Beyond. Bruce's ending should always be bittersweet and he should be forced into retirement. I'd say TDKR (the comic that is) as well but I don't like the idea of him having a full on army. Too much chance for one of them to go rogue.

Dick finally fucking takes over as Batman.

Well he's definitely bitter, but he's got a clone of himself that picks up things where he left off, and a photo gallery of all the women where there has been some romantic tension with, wonder why he's got that on the batcomputer, hmmmm...

Bruce gets too old and too hurt to fight crime, retires, leaving Gotham to be protected by his numerous former wards within the Batfamily.

>leaving Gotham to be protected by his numerous former wards within the Batfamily.
Gotham is fucked

Crime is finished and Batman retires happily.

Batman #666

This is the only right answer, unless you are an edgelord or hate the character

This. Though in my mind he's still with Selina in the Beyond ending. Like you have the nice grandma cat lady and her complete dick of a husband sitting in the chair next to her

How in the hell is crime ever "finished"?

Finished has in back to normal city standards instead of Gotham standards

Everything could be solved if they just started executing criminals

I like the ending of the Nolan trilogy as an elseworld- Bruce having broken free of Gotham and Batman and realizing that he doesn't owe the city, is citizens, out his ghosts a goddamn thing. But the true batman ending is whatever happened to the caped crusader. Dead, in Gotham dying almost always due to a belief in the good of others that he continually fails to see in himself

Define city standards. Because Bruce took the cowl when it was just mobsters running around.

The mission never ends. Bruce knows that and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Dying heroically, saving the life of a villain who then turns their life completely around and tries to make their life worth Batman's sacrifice.

Ah, so Brave and the Bold without the Joker wrecking everything?

Beyond was perfect, as long as we ignore Epilogue.

People stop murdering people.

That clone kick his old ass

Get rid of the retarded "Terry is Bruce's biological son" thing, and this is perfect.
Runner up is Rises, then Brave and the Bold.

Pretty much. Basically taking over Alfred's role of knocking him down a peg and dragging him out of the cave once in a while.

Where Batman goes back in time to that fateful night and defeats Joe Chill, rewriting himself from history, but the young Bruce Wayne is still inspired to become Batman, supported by a well adjusted fully functional family.

He died heroicly saving alot of people, then Dick take out Batman place with Damian Wayne as Robin.

Oh that already happen huh, and they bring him back... Shit.

>Batman saves one of his main enemies
>Batman dies doing so
>Enemy re-evaluates their life
>Becomes one of the world's most prominent superheroes after years of effort

I know it would never happen, but I would've been so happy if Clayface went that route.

It's been done

jl.toonzone.net/episode50/episode50.htm
"Bruce Timm on an unproduced Batman Beyond DTV (circa 2001): “I could easily go back and do some more Batman Beyonds, sure. There was this one DTV story idea that Glen Murakami and I were toying with involving Catwoman, but it was really dark…I mean pitch black. So, after what happened with Return of the Joker, I don’t think that one’s gonna happen any time soon (courtesy of The World’s Finest).

"“[In the Batman Beyond DTV], instead of Waller, Selina Kyle herself was going to be the one who cloned Batman. Staying much closer to the ‘Boys from Brazil’ set-up, Selina hedged her bets and created lots of Bruce Wayne clones, and systematically murdered their parents when they reached the proper age. Most of them didn’t become manic-depressive crime-fighters, only Terry and one other—a young boy she adopted and raised as her own son. There was going to be a creepy ‘Manchurian Candidate’ aspect to their relationship, with the aging (but still disturbingly kinda sexy) Selina coaxing the kid into becoming an über-messed-up avenger of evil.

“Selina’s ‘son’ was going to be the main bad guy ‘muscle’ of the story—a twisted version of Terry / Bruce, with his own ‘dark superhero’ outfit and everything. The plan was for him to be bumping off criminals from the Batman Beyond Rogues Gallery, and possibly even an old-timer like Edward Nygma, thus setting the plot in motion (this part was always a bit too ‘Phantasm’ for me, but I did like the ‘Manchurian Candidate’-ness of him).

“This version of Selina had... ‘seen the light,’ after years of Batman nagging her to use her talents to help people instead of just helping herself. She eventually realized he was right, but with ‘born again’ zeal, decided Batman himself didn’t go far enough in punishing criminals; she needed a Batman who would help her [kill criminals] and set about creating one."

You could make a series of one offs about the speakers from whtcc
>Clayface turning his life around
>Bullock and the last kid batman ever saved

>Joker drinks himself to death

So glad that never happened.

>The plan was for him to be bumping off criminals from the Batman Beyond Rogues Gallery

So he'd have two people to kill that Terry didn't, whoopee.

Gets arrested for vigilantism.

I liked this ending. It worked well for the movies.

Most Batman endings can work, it all depends on how you characterize him.

It's been years and I'm still disappointed in how Blight was handled as a character.

Dying of old age on theymscira with his wife Diana at his bedside
Its sorta that bittersweet realization I had concerning this.

I just had a thought of old man Bruce trying to dress that pony in a bat costume in an effort to make it less ridiculous

>Dick Grayson is pretty competent
>Jason Todd has no character traits other than "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN"
>Tim Drake is more likely to become Bruce Wayne 2.0 rather than Batman 2.0
>Damian Wayne is like Jason, but worse, and more of a condescending dickhead
>Barbra is still likely a cripple with a computer

Yeah, I guess.

I never understood the Oracle thing. Bruce has access to technology ranging from creating Superman pills to nanomachines that can light people on fire, and yet he can't create a cure using Kryptonian technology for paralysis caused by damage to the spine?

You guys who liked the TDKR ending realise he decided to run off with a woman who caused him to go bankrupt, stole his mother's jewellery and was responsible for him being crippled right?

She wasn't willing to use a cure that wasn't commercially available for the rest of the populace.

>The first crime Clayface stops is The Joker attempting to murder suicide Harley

He was already crippled, the bankruptcy thing was only part of the plot for like the first 30 minutes, and he essentially "gives" her the jewelry at the end. In fact, of the two things she caused or was a part of that you listed, all of it was done in the first half hour, which is only the beginning of her character arch.

Well, here's my answer gals and pals.

This is the best answer, I never was a huge fan of having Robins growing up to be anything but Batman

>capital punishment has existed for most of human history
>crime still exists
boy that sure worked out

I'm a sucker for heroes becoming mentors. Batman has shown he's capable of doing this with the Robins and Batgirl.

What's even better is that he manages to be a bigger hardass as an old man, to the point where normal Batman seems like the good cop.

youtu.be/PETk8eBbfN0?t=2m20s

Do Oracle but Batman, he should be crippled so he is forced to pass on the torch, like they tried to do with Knightfall and Azrael

Just don't give the cowl to an edgy retard with a god complex next time

>the outsiders

The Doom that Came to Gotham

>that straight up matrix bullshit on the screen

When I first read this back when it came out I thought he WAS going to kill the kid at the end.

ny favorite end game for Batman or Bruce?

Batman never ends.