Why didn't the centaurs and griffins not completely destroy this down syndrome looking army?

why didn't the centaurs and griffins not completely destroy this down syndrome looking army?

what kino is this

The Chronicles of Narnia, pretty graphic for a Disney film.

Evil had the numbers and the when the lines meet it shows this really well.

In fact as a kid I watched this battle frame by frame. I also watched the sequel's battles frame by frame (the level of detail in these movies is insane).

Honestly if you have the movie watch it frame by frame (my parents DVD player could do this), I studied the battles of Starwars in depth, Peter Jacksons King Kong movie also and many others. If my parents werent there I also did the same with Starship troopers.

Sure it took several hours to watch these battles, looking at each aspect, rewinding and re watching to make sure I got it all. Counting the numbers on each side. King Kong is the closest to having the numbers reduce properly, when viewed with deleted scenes and keep semi accurate. Most movies just have good and bad guys appear out of nowhere all the time.

A notable moment in Prince Caspian for example is when the archers release the first volley of arrows, there is 1 instance where 2 arrows hit each other and then the enemy siege projectiles also cut a path through the arrows. This is shown pretty clearly in the slow motion viewing by frame and goes to show the level of detail in these films.

Worth a frame by frame my friends.

Minotaurs have bonus vs large

This is known as autism

Those little ankle slicers you see on the bottom left also would have had a HUGE role in reducing the impact of their cavalry charge. In fact those ankle slicers take out the brave rhino suicide charge as well.

Also worth mentioning that the archer fire would have had less effect on the ankle slicers. A potent creature to have in any arsenal indeed.

>this is a 10/10 in Narnia

Bottom right sorry.

Jesus Christ is this a famous actress

Not at all

Pigface/10
Would roast over an open fire on a rotating spit.

Seriously, fuck minotuars.
Filthy beastmen do not belong in the forests of Reikland.

That kid works as a Parliamentary advisor for Crispin Blunt of telling the House of Commons he takes poppers during gay sex fame now.

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

This has to be more common than Autism... I know the quote is so done to death but every frame has so much going on in these movies that in order to appreciate and truly enjoy/expand your knowledge on the movie it's more than worth doing. Plus when I was young I had a lot more time on my hands to do this.

>those lips
hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

SUCC

Bump, I love this type of talk

>roastie
heh

Impressive autism my friend.

>centaurs vs minotaurs
have you ever seen a horse fight a bull?

It saddens me, I thought there would be at least one person here at this moment to share with me a memory. But I guess not, ah well. My dream is one day I will see my child do some of the things I did so i can sit down and watch some future movies (if they are any good) frame by frame with my son and dissect them.

I will be happy.

Plus the ankle slicers, which are shown in the picture. Ankle slicers would bring so much damage to any enemy charge reducing the impact.

The movie never addresses such a potent weapon and how it was overcome.

my dick is unironically diamonds

There is more to the movie than dicks and babes, what of the ankle slicers or the giants? I love the battle in frame by frame but these 2 weapons in evil arsenal are severely underused and forgotten.

what is it with you and the fucking ankle slicers (i asume you are the same guy having posted about them already)?
I aknowledge they're a neat tactic, ok?

We are trying to discuss the battle, but everyone is lacking in detailed conversation.

I also enjoyed how the females only got to be archers which to me was more tolerable as a child than the female warriors we see in other lame movies.

Nobody to discuss this in depth, lame.

Another bump, somebody out there will be interested in this.

just further elaborate your points about frame by frame analysis of the battle please

I'm going to screencap your posts for reasons

Something I noticed in my frame by frames is the enemy team had dwarves everywhere (the ones with black beards are "bad" dwarves) while the good team had their dwarves only as archers.

It starts becoming apparent that centaurs, Fauns (goat bottom human top), Satyrs (goat top and bottom human arms) and animals are the good sides main source of actual fighting. While evil has a lot more capable fighters from many sizes.

I always thought it was kind of lame how the bad guys lost, due to the fact the bad guys had the better everything. Aslan cannot be worth so much surely?

We're reaching autism levels that should not even be possible

Im reaching way back into my mind here but I believe the evil team had a boar human mix, but I only ever saw one of them (or at least remember one of them). A few other creatures looked a little random too on the evil side.

Maybe the witch had some sort of experimental breeding program and thats why evil had so much diversity while the good side had so much less.

Did anybody else love, how in the sequel all of Narnia united? I will never forget how I felt when the Minotaur sacrificed himself to keep the gates open for the rest to escape the enemy fortress.

However again, i felt like evil had the better tactics and ideas. Again the good side simply held their ground at a choke point while evil had a variety of new weapons and formations for their infantry.

Frame by frame you can see some silly moments like when the fauns leap into the testudos to break them up, but this should have surely resulted in death.

is that certain lewd pic of her real?

My best guess is evil, being evil, lack effective officers and team work.
Also they always have shakier morale often fleeing when things start to go bad in there eyes, usually when the driving force goes down like Sauron for example.

Susan is a cunt anyway, she doesnt even make it to the end because she becomes a fedora tipper.

w..what?

On that note, I like Lord of the Rings, BUT their frame by frames are the worst. If you pay attention to the background very little happens but bury staleness. It's why we never see gondorian soldiers do anything of worth, because the background lacks detail to the point they do nothing but die in the focus shots or stand there in the background.

I like the movies, but the battles are really bad if you watch the background and use frame by frame viewing for optimum details.

but did you consider the ankle slicers, user?

look into it, it's out there

Dude God bless your autism, fuck the haters, I loved these movies as a kid too and I wish people would stop jacking off over 'muh religious allegory i know what that word m-means tip' and simply watch them and enjoy so we can finish the series and we can get Horse and His Boy done by David Fincher already.

It's important to consider ankle slicers, jesus christ, how ca you fight with sliced ankles and how do you defend vs the ankle slices when minotaurs are right behind them? Why make fun of such an astute observation.

They caught my eye in the theater, so I spent months contemplating them until I could finally frame by frame them and confirm my suspicion. The director must have realized this too because he conveniently leaves them out of a lot of sequences bar the rhino sequence suicide charge.

just what level of irony/shitposting are you on?

this is a good thread

Ryan reeves on you tube has a 20 hour or so lecture on the CS Lewis and JR Tolkien authors which are critical to fully understanding the book and the movies. People will be surprised by how much of Christianity is in both Narnia and Lord of the Rings (among many other things).

Got any more interesting observations? From other movies too

Kmart sucks

>People will be surprised by how much of Christianity is in both Narnia and Lord of the Rings (among many other things).

no? It's all pretty obvious

>People will be surprised by how much of Christianity is in both Narnia and Lord of the Rings (among many other things).
Yea, I guess Muslims would be surprised. Or abos.

Lurk moar

I agree that LotR's battles aren't that detailed when battles are on that epic a scale but you have to take into account the sheer numbers of fighters on both sides.
Many scenes are little more than copy/pasted figures milling about doing repeated animations.
The Narnia battles are much more detailed because it's more of a skirmish with fewer fighters, and actual actors mixed into the CG rank and file to give the animators something to play off of.

agreed or else OCD

this pics seriously lacks ankle slicers

These films were bottom of the barrel trash, its actually embarrassing they came out after The Lord of The Rings

I agree, but then look at starwars which has huge battles but even in the space battles (prequel) ships are all doing things in the background.

In lord of the rings horses just ride forward as blurry orcs vanish beneath them. So much potential gone.

You'll be surprised how many atheists etc hate Lewis but love Tolkien even though both authors hated rationalism effect on media etc. in reality it is not as simple as these people make out.

K mart is australian, we have farmers.

Im being serious, frame by frames have been a huge part of my life growing up. I would love for it to be more popular.

Starwars episode 3, battle for Utapao (spelling?), on a lower level of a bridge a clone trooper whacks a droid casually with his gun as he runs past. I was disappointed by the lack of effort in the hit as it was so casual and the droid did not simply break his arm and continue gunning them down. Sometimes frame by frames can ruin some back ground moments.

FUCK OFF, ankle slicers are from Narnia (not seen in any other film or described in the books) and ultimately push the limits on acceptable add ins.

How does good win with gangs of ankle slicers backed by cyclops and minotaurs? HOW? Nobody can explain it because it is such a powerful formation in theory.

It would be too scary to charge them after the first wave gets sliced and pummeled. Plus without Lucy's magic juice how could they heal them at that level of technology?

The only method to beat them requires flat ground and reverse chariots (armoured plows pushed by animals not pulled) which could in theory hurt the slicers and the bigger creatures but it is so limited and only practical sometimes.

How do you beat the combo?

Stop bring them up when not relevant and almost treating them like a joke. These things really ruin movies sometimes.

respectful use of autism, sounds like something I'd do

Thank you my friend, you should give it a try. I try do it in some video games like IL2 sturmovik and so on, just watch scenarios happen in slomotion and study them.

It's a huge part of my life.

When all but one of 6 replies accuse you of having autism, you have to think twice about whether you do mate.

Why does the DVD have a frame by frame function if not to be used? I am not the only one, it is normal. Same with simulator video games with a speed changer that goes very low to very high.

It is for study and observation in detail.

>ankle slicers, user, ankle slicers
>the unbeatable combo, user
>ankle slicers
>they'll fuck you up, user
>the ankle slicers

wtf am i looking at? What is this guy gonna do? He's a featherless bird for aslan's sake.

The ankle slicer carries two large (for it's size) blades which as the name suggests, slice the ankles of enemy soldiers. We see how effective this is when the rhino suicide charges and ankle slicers ruin it's legs resulting in its death.

Imagine a bunch of these guys slicing centaur legs and as the centaurs fall over Minotaurs beat the shit out of them. It is obvious the potential of these creatures. Alone they are not deadly, but paired with the bigger ones it is.

She's 11/10 in my book

To add to this, why be so dismissive, dont you realize how dumb you just looked then? Why not think about it or read my previous replies before posting drivel?

These creatures have been made with a huge amount of thought gone into them and to dismiss it as a mere featherless bird is just juvenile.

sorry frame-by-frame user, i did overreact a little

Thank you my friend, my hot head has been cooled.

To the general posters who dwell here, I am thinking of making a frame by frame general thread every week, would it be worth doing?

i know i'd enjoy it

I will make preparations, I will enjoy this I think. So long all, maybe next time with more indepth informed anons on the same page we can discuss correctly.

>posting in a frame-by-frame ankle slicers thread.

does Fincher want to do it?

Kek I did this also. I watched the battles in LoTR frame by frame, estimating the number of soldiers involved, checking if any elves survived Helms Deep or how far they got into the battle.

Im glad I came back here, you and I are of the same cloth. To me it was no different to trying to decipher a battle in my history books and understand them, but it was also entertaining to see how the common soldiers feared in the back ground.

Also looking at formations and gear as well as numbers etc, gives you new perspective on a battle in any movie.

I tried this with the last Hobbit movie, but they didnt do a good job of showing the audience how the battle progressed. In one shot the elven army joins with the dwarves. A few scenes later they're all supposed to be in Dale leaving the Dwarves alone?

Dude, do not mention those. The battles have no continuity at all. One scene trolls are charging then they vanish, dead bodies do not stay and always change location or vanish. I have never seen such incompetence when it comes to details in a battle.

Nothing about the battles make sense geographically or continuity wise.

It was disappointing.
I remember when I was young, I was always curious how in movies two masses of soldiers charge each other then they get all tangled up with enemies and allies fighting beside you in all directions. Then I just found out it wasn't like that in real life.

Agreed, most movies you can see skip just before contact or just after contact is made, and instantly there are less soldiers and they are spread out.

The second Narnia movie had formations that held as long as they could but it was minor and brief.

This is what Sup Forums is for.

One of the battles in the first crusade lasted five hours, with the crusaders holding their lines in hundred degree heat in armor, while the camp followers brought them water.

dude just turn your brain off bro

It's because laserdisc players had it and that's because in Japan they released catalogues on laserdisc where each frame was a page
bet you feel a bit retarded now huh

This is why I dont discuss movies with people. Those words have done more damage to movies than any other lines I can think of.
I hope you look forward to tomorrows Frame by Frame thread my friend.
Or Alexanders famous Phalanges and the pike and shot or just about anything formations really ruins a lot of movie battles.

Japanese are not autistic for reading books on DVD players but I am for dissecting battles in a frame by frame? Maybe being Autistic is best in life, for it is what makes me happy.

user you should harness this autisim. Go into special effects or editing, usher in a new era of meticulously detailed battle scenes in movies. It would be sublime

I do wish to do this. My dream one day is to have the money to fund a siege of Vienna and have the most autistically detailed cavalry charge in movie history. To keep my dreams in check I have resigned to realistic cartoon (kind of like the old 70s and 80s cartoons like heavy metal) but one day my friends.

There will be no dancing background soldiers, no vanishing actors or cheaply copied and pasted soldiers. It'll be the highlight of my life one day.

Any good historical battle scenes to frame-by-frame?

9th of April is the only one I can recommend. It's detail in every shot is nearly perfect and really reflected the actions that took place in denmark second world war.

Plus it is uniquely about a bicycle company.

Best historical movie with attention to detail unlike any other movie. April 9th.

Please watch it.

I used to do this as well, but with any big scene like the raiding in PotC and all the scenes with those 200 extras in The Ten Commandments. Glad to know I'm not the only autist out there.

I will sleep happy tonight, for I feared the worst when I told my wife of this and she laughed for a ling time. It happend after she found out I spent almost 1000 hours watching auto pilot battles in scenarios I set up in IL2 Sturmovik since we have been together. She was shocked because the whole time she thought I was playing a game not watching AI play a game in scenarios of my design. I explain why and mentioned the movies too. She called me an autist which sucked but maybe she was also finding it cute, but im a man and cute isnt good for a man.

I will stand proud by my actions knowing I am not alone.

criminally underrated

This, if you draw get into storyboards frame-by- frame user, or some category of 3d anim previz, guys like you are needed there.

Frame by Frame is a godsend without it we would never have this