Why DC never cared about developing the Superfamily the same way they do with the Batfamily?

Why DC never cared about developing the Superfamily the same way they do with the Batfamily?

I mean, they are making a Superman crossover that going to deal with the Oz mystery and they only including Superman and AC while leaving the rest? Why? Isn't having a big and popular supporting cast going to benefit superman methlogy a lot? So, what's DC problem?

Probably because Superfamily sells worse.
OR THEY FUCKING HATE SUPERMAN, HOW FUCKING DO THEY DARE TO RUIN HIM, LOOK AT THAT TRUNKLESS MONSTROSITY, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING, FUCKING JOHNS, I HATE HIM.

>Why DC never cared about developing the Superfamily the same way they do with the Batfamily?

>5 characters, 1 power set and no personality between them
Also Superman is pretty much only vulnerable through the people around him so giving him the ability to be in several places at once negates literally any tension that might have been

Red Lantern (Hood) Supergirl was literally the best thing to happen to the Super Family and that shit lasted no time

And while we're at it, hypnovision limited to identity concealment is a stupid fucking power

How did Sup Forums react to Red Lantern Supergirl?
I can only imagine how they reacted to Red Hood.

Batman got his family by picking up sidekicks one after the other over time.
Superman doesn't do sidekicks really.

It has to do with their offices management, user.

Bat office is much more protective of their characters and the bat brand than the Super office is. Take Jason Todd for example, he's a bat character that the bat office lost to other office since N52, but they refused to give up their control over him and included him in every bat event to make it clear that he is still part of the Bat brand while Tomasi pretty much said he has no plans yet to make superdad meet his freaking cousin.

Same with Wonder Woman, none of her writers care about her supporting cast like Donna and Cassie and refuse to acknowledge them most of the time.

Livewire was his sidekick for a nanosecond what happened with that?

Because they know that "families" of superhero devalue the character.

Look at Batman, there's nothing special left about him and could be easily replaced.
Same shit happened to Barry and they only went to him because reasons.

>Take Jason Todd for example, he's a bat character that the bat office lost to other office since N52
Literally how?

Jimmy Olsen used to be kind of his sidekick once. Supergirl was his secret weapon.

If you have to stretch your arguments and mince words to get your point across, you should just accept it.

>Batman is a Sherlock/Zoro proxy
>both characters rely heavily on aids in their storytelling

Loners are greatest meme in comics.

yes but their helpers weren't other "just like you but better" kind of deal, they were different characters bringing something different

there's a difference between a butler, a cop, etc. and 5 other super trained vigilantes

>just like you but better
Robin isn't better than Batman.

>there's a difference between a Hudson, a Lestrade, etc. and an Irene, a Mycroft, or a Watson.

although technically Batman's sidekicks are those crossed with the irregulars

Damian is canonically more trained than any other member of the family, including Batman

Because Superman has had two clean reboots and has gone through shit load of retcons, while Batman was never rebooted completely or changed as radically as much as Superman.
After Crisis happened, they removed a large part of Superman mythos and his supporting cast. Superboy didn't happen, so neither did legion. Superman was the last Kryptonian, so no Kandor, no Supergirl, no Van-zee, no Ak-var, no Krypto. Infinite crisis again shook up things, with Birthright establishing his new origin. They then backtraced on no Kryptonians thing and brought back Kara as Supergirl. Johns had a failed attempt to re establish pre crisis mythos. Then new 52 happened and rebooted Superman again. Superman has been stuck in a retcon cycle since the past 30 years, for him to get a stable family.

Batman had some shit purged like Batmite IIRC

DC has been shit at doing anything with Superman for quite some time.

Flashpoint

Batman trained and fought crime for longer than Damian has been alive.

>how?
You mean how they lost him? DC decided to put him in another office when N52 started. We don't why though, but it could have to do with Bat office almost destroying him and literally having no idea what do with him in pre-n52 (bat office was really bad in handling their characters during that period and Morrison was pretty much in control) so I guess DC decided it's better to take him away from them and it really did him.

Bat mite was already gone by the Bronze age. Batman did have retcons too, but it never started up from ground zero like Superman and WW did.

>Tomasi pretty much said he has no plans yet to make superdad meet his freaking cousin
Say what now? Superdad has been making appearances left and right in DCU and they have no plans to make him meet his cousin?

Distance sure makes the heart grow fonder.

Bat office has been treating Jason better than they did before.

Yeah, I meant that.
True that. Even if RH isn't in Batoffice, he could actually use Batvillain and not some lame OC. Yay for progress!

I think they're referring to the upcoming Superman crossover that's Superman and Action comics only.

The way DC comics treats the Superman family is weird.They have the perfect amount of characters but most of them are not being used.There is a lot of wasted potential here...

It could be argued that the Bat family has too many characters but most of them are used in some capacity.

Power Girl should be Superman's Nightwing and should be Kon's mentor.

Good thing he doesn't normally have it then, huh?

Instead, he relies on the same thing that allows Tom Cruise to put on a fucking hat and pretend to be a mailman and nobody figures out that he's Tom Cruise. Or lets Henry Cavill walk around Manhattan wearing a Superman T-shirt and no one fuckin' recognizes him on the street.

Not for nothing, but Weird Al got on Spaceship Earth behind me and I god damn knew it was Weird Al. Not everyone is retarded.

It's a lot harder for dudes with a particular distinctive trait like long hair.

Who knew Landis wasn't that bad.

Sure he hasn't had a good film yet but Dirk Gently is solid and I always enjoyed his youtube shit.

Who knew Superman fans had such low standards

Superman is built like a truck and completely invulnerable

You do go about your day in a city called metropolis without someone bumping into you eventually and realizing you have the consistency of a man shaped diamond. I don't care how many times you take the stairs over the elevator

Forget his family, they don't do anything with his supporting characters, period. Even dudes like Perry White, Jimmy Olsen and other who work at the Daily Planet are barely visible. When was the last time Emil Hamilton was in a comic?

It's like the only character superwriters care about is Lois, and now Jon.

And don't get me wrong, I love Lois, but Jesus, widen your horizons a bit guys.

Don’t expect to see a lot of DC Comics’ Supergirl grieving and crying over the recent death of her cousin Superman. “It’s all about her legacy and her strength and her power, especially now that Clark is gone,” says writer Steve Orlando. “She would be an icon whether Superman existed or not, because of what she’s went through and because she’s come out stronger on the other side.”

When Supergirl was re-introduced in DC’s New 52 reboot five years ago, Kara Zor-El was an angry, misunderstood teen who punched her cousin in the face right after meeting him. Now, the Maid of Might stars in a hit TV show where she’s a peppy, well-adjusted hero. Written by Steve Orlando, her newest DC Comics series aims to show how she’s maturing and shrug off the looming shadow of her now-dead cousin. Wasted Oportunity

When?

Powergirl is part of Earth 2
Supergirl's powers aren't 100%
Superman and his is from another timeline and have little direct relation to any of the current Supes cast, some none so far.

The shit just ain't all together yet, user.

>When was the last time Emil Hamilton was in a comic?

Convergence, actually.

But before that, not since Pre-Flashpoint where he became an ill-concieved villain.

>“It’s all about her legacy and her strength and her power, especially now that Clark is gone,” says writer Steve Orlando. “She would be an icon whether Superman existed or not, because of what she’s went through and because she’s come out stronger on the other side.”
Giving Supergirl to Orlando was mistake.

>asking for more books to crossover

The fuck is wrong with you?

Maybe now they use only bi-monthly books for family crossovers.
I mean, we had no Red Hood or Batgirl in Night of the Monster Men

Replacing Linda was a mistake.

Prolly because they recently started. I mean, DC may be shitty company, but at least they're not pulling pic related.

>I mean, we had no Red Hood or Batgirl in Night of the Monster Men
RH was literally in the second issue when the crossover happened and Batgirl was in the third.

The rest of the monthly Super books will finished with their first arc when the crossover will start.

Is Marvel for real?

Kon-El Superboy was the literal love child of Superman and his greatest nemesis, Lex Luthor.

If you don't see the story potential in that you should probably never read anything besides instruction manuals again.

JOHNS FUCKING RUINED SUPERBOY!!!!

Superfamily? What Superfamily?

They made such a mess of Donna, it's better to leave her out at this point.

>5 characters, 1 power set and no personality between them
>supes, regular kryptonian
>supeboy, almost no kryptonian powers
>supergirl, supe+ring

They had a chance to change this. Personally I would have build on the details that Supergirl seems stronger and Superman is developing new powers so that the former is their brawler with a power ring while the latter is the blaster with more special powers.

>Superman, regular kryptonian
>Superboy, TTK
>Supergirl, Earth-Born Angel
ftfy

>Supergirl, Earth-Born Angel
I liked Linda but please let's not go there again. Same with Atlantean Power Girl.

>Superman - Regular Kryptonian
>Supergirl - Regular Kryptonian
>Superboy - Kryptonian-Human hybrid, can't control his powers yet, can't fly
>Super-Lex - Supersuit powered by a Motherbox
>New Super-Man - Absorbed some of Superbro's qi and only has powers when he acts heroic
>Superwoman - Electric red Superman powers
>Steel - Supersuit and hammer

>Superboy - Kryptonian-Human hybrid, can't control his powers yet, can't fly without Legion ring

>Also dead.

The batfamily is big becase from the 90's to the mid 00's DC's editorial line was dominated by Batman, on the early 00's 60% of all DC magazines were Batbooks
Superman was never given a chance to grow that much.

This is your Superfamily. Who else do you need?

What edgy faggot.

>those could be Steel, Supergirl, Superwoman and New 52 Kon

>a tie in
>in the first issue
Why marvel editorial staff is so bad?

Give Jimmy Olsen a book again. Get rid of 90s shit like Steel.

>bent over Diana with Superman's shadow over her
>"thanks"
boner pls

Do you have that page where Green Arrow shouts for Clark to come in and carry away his friend to hospital during a chase with badguys ? Don't remember what comic that was.

Bitch pls, Steel is awesome.

Circumstances don't sound the same, but I think you might be thinking of Green Arrow/Black Canary #4.

>being this pleb

characters, 1 power set and no personality between them
But that applies to Batfamily and even the Flash senpai.

steel
jimmy olsen
supergirl

I mean he technically has a few

>steel
Lana's now.

>finally make supergirl great again with nu52
>cancel her and bring her back 100% shit and state you want her to have even less interactions with superman than she did before

The dream is dead. All you get now is superdad and son. Maybe hope for a Superdad/Powergirl team up where they joke about being in the wrong universe together for a panel and then she's never seen again

This, thanks. Got the previous page as well.

>Look at Batman, there's nothing special left about him and could be easily replaced.

Is this bait?

I feel like every time Clark bumps into someone, he'd intentionally fall over and stutter out an apology

>Steel is awesome
Muh educated black man

Thankfully they returned to his normal look. New 52 redesign was weird. Very weird. To me he looked like human head attached to robot body.