Malcolm in the Middle showed what it was really like to be a kid in the early 2000s...

Malcolm in the Middle showed what it was really like to be a kid in the early 2000s. It was truly the last piece of an era; note how it ended in 2006, right before the iPhone was released, Tumblr was founded, the global financial crisis began, and Big Bang Theory promoted "geek chic" in 2007.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v1xRB7zaR98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're not wrong, OP.

ok.

I wanted to like Malcom in the Middle I really did. But fucking Frankie Muniz man. I can't watch anything he's in. That face and voice is like nails on a cardboard to me.

Francis was always the best character in my opinion. First at military school and then at the dude ranch. It was all very well written.

And the ending was perfect too. They didn't overextend the series to milk money out of it for 39 more seasons and everything seemed to be wrapped up nicely.

You couldn't do a similar series today with all the smartphone, social media infested culture and pc shit.

It ended right before I went to High School and I could sense the shift right there and then. It was eerie.

Watching the finale was too depressing. The show started a year before high school and ended as I graduated.

You were in high school for 5 years?

Well said OP.

An underrated masterpiece. Maybe it was 'too real' for it's time, too normal. I think now, looking back, it looks even better.

The guys our age, who were kids at that time, can watch it back and be amazed at how well it captures life in that period. For the people who were a bit older/adults, it didn't resonate as well as it did with the kids of the era.

All my friends who go back and watch it love it.

High school lasts from 7th-12th form in Australia

>no niggers
>no faggots
>conservative parents

the last of an era

The only good sitcom.

>his best friend was a wheel-chair bound blacky
>no niggers

>Malcolm in the Middle showed what it was really like to be a kid in the early 2000
Yeah, shitty. The 2000s were a mistake and arrested development captured that better than any tv show from that era.

That kid was basically white do you remember his character?

>conservative parents
No
>no gays
No
>no blacks
You didn't even watch the show did you?

Francis' best friend at boot camp was also black you turbo pleb.

>behavior I like is "white" and behavior I don't like is "black"

The show was good but the Bush years were cancer. I'm glad they are gone and nostalgia for them is a non starter as they had neither peace, prosperity or positive events to look back on.

>no nigger
youtu.be/v1xRB7zaR98

You weren't?

When you realize he's the villain it's much better.

All of Hal's friends were black. Or are you one of those people who differentiates between black people and niggers?

>no prosperity

Nah, other than the dot Com bubble, it was relatively smooth sailing until shit hit the fan in 2008.