Some user put up an interesting point about the show ending...

Some user put up an interesting point about the show ending, the reason being partially that the show came from a different era where the channel was experimenting and aiming for a slightly older audience

Can you see this being part of the reason why its ending, as well as being treated like shit by the channel?

Probably. I also wonder if JG Quintel is sort of over the idea of the show.

Well I mean...It got 6 seasons. It has to end at some point, you know? When you've been running for that long, there doesn't really need to be an explicit reason to want to end it. It stopped performing as well as it used so, so CN was like, well, I guess its time has passed, let's move onto something else now.

I don't pay too much attention to TV because I download everything like one of the cool kids but hasn't CN been aiming for younger kids again for a while? Why would it have taken so long to kill this off?

I think six seasons for a comedy is pretty good. Anything longer and you start to run into the Spongebob/Simpsons Dilemma.

Nah, the show was for an older audience for the first two seasons and we know it went on a lot longer than that

It certainly makes senses but is also correct. It had a solid run, and now that it is starting to slip they are letting it go

It just got old, really. It wasn't even just six seasons, it was eight. That's a huge amount for any kind of show.

>first episode they say pissed and hell uncensored on daytime CN

Wish I would have got to see Sup Forums when that happened

There's only so many mundane things you can reveal to actually secretly be Supernaturally Significant Laws-of-the-Universe shit.

>Rigby, don't eat Mordecai's bag lunch! He wrote his name on it! THE CONSEQUENCES COULD BE DIRE!
>Psst, whatever!
>I AM THE GOD OF BAG LUNCHES, AND I CHANNEL YOU TO _insert parody of old video game or game show here_
>P

Probably, kind of bummed this older audience attempt never stuck

Six seasons AND a movie!

It was fun the first time it ared. The "HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS???" threads we got for months afterwards got old quickly.

It's kind of odd, isn't it? AT and RS were HUGE with older audiences a few years ago, and I'm not convinced their popularity dropped off because said older audiences stopped being interested in cartoons in general, just that the shows themselves got stale. I think CN should have pushed for more stuff like that. What else was there for this "era"? Gumball?

As someone who can't stand Regular Show, I have to ask... what's all this I hear about the network hating it and treating it like garbage?

I think most of those older fans probably stuck around for Rick & Morty, if nothing else.

I'm sure it did, how did they get away with it anyway?

When a show is about to head out the door on CN they typically shitslot it and intentionally sabotage its ratings so they have justification to cancel it

Gumball was probably the first example of them putting focus back on a younger audience

I thought the animation and some of the humor had earned it an older audience than usual, but I guess not.

That only makes it even worse, then, given that Gumball started like a year after RS and AT.

this format is really only true for about the first season or two
alot of the episodes are really about just wierd shit happening for some reason or another
there's a reason the tagline is "it's anything but"

>I thought the animation and some of the humor had earned it an older audience than usual, but I guess not.
I remember thinking of Gumball as the "kiddy" show of the three at the time, not really sure why... maybe it was just because of the way it was advertised? I didn't DISlike it, but it seemed aimed at a younger audience... then again, I vaguely recall that season 1 TAWOG is different, so maybe that's it?

Either way, I eventually started catching it years later and was shocked that it's actually MORE cynical than AT or RS at their darkest. If I had known it was British, I probably would've guessed that sooner.

>we never got the movie

It certainly does work some humor in for the adult in the audience, but it is most geared to the kids.

So where are the last few episodes up at?

I just caught up to the Dragonforce episode, pretty neat

>Dragonforce episode
Wut?

Pops' trainer sets him up with the magic of montage to increase his level for the psychic space demon fight, and the song he uses is traditional chinese kung fu souding. M&R upgrade to Dragonforce and the episode unfolds from there