Why does Smug guard treasure?

Why does Smug guard treasure?

What's he gonna spend it on?

He has big taxes

The Hobbit talks about how the gold kinda fuels his life force, lets him breath fire m, etc

Bad-dragon toys because he's lonely.

Fpbp

He's not only guarding it, he's constantly adding to it. Once he has the majority of the world's gold out of circulation the price will skyrocket and he'l make bank.

He's literally a dragon, a hoarder, he hordes his treasure it's what dragons do, in like, literally every piece of fiction ever.

cuz he so smug

Dragon student loans.

LOOKS LIKE TAXPOSTING IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!

>He's literally a dragon, a hoarder, he hordes his treasure it's what dragons do, in like, literally every piece of fiction ever.

But why?

Gold absorbed melkor's corruption, dragons are attracted to it because it's got a seed of evil magic in it.

>I am almost tempted to let you tax it, if only to see Oakenshields business suffer. Watch it liquidate him. Watch it bankrupt his business and drive him mad. But I think not. I think our little agreement ends here. So tell me, IRS,- how do you choose to file?

It's almost like greed is some kind of mortal sin.

>I... AM... FILE...

>I... AM...

>DEBT!!!!

>It's almost like greed is some kind of mortal sin.

Only really makes sense to men because men need to gold to buy things, what is Smug going to spend it on

Why does your mom hoard poop?

His prey is attracted to it you fucking retards

Why is the Kraken always angry?
Why is big foot so shy?
Why are centaurs so pride full?
Why Cyclops eat men?

I don't know dude, it's just how it works.

>there are people who don't get this

like all memes, they are usually born of one guy being a total idiot.

Property taxes for that mountain are probably enormous.

>Is that your loan? You cannot save him from the file! He will default!

He's Jewish.
Didn't you know? his full name in the book is Smaoshe Goldstein

Old dragon lore. They are greedy. If you look at D&D they treat dragons the same way.

Dragons keep gold out of circulation to prevent inflation and protect the economy of Middle Earth.

The Dwarves and humans of Bree and the Lonely Mountain, were going to crash the economy with all that gold. Sending Middle earth in a depression.

4U?

Why do you leave your balls attached to your body?
I'm sorry. I'm just pissed off at the lame Orville episode tonight.

Thanks man, I worked really hard on those

that depression caused the financial collapse of gondor and rohan, allowing isengard to gain a foothold and mordor to take osgiliath. this is saying nothing of the thousands of unemployed orks who had no choice but to join the forces of darkness.

Because they don't exist, it's a greed metaphor first, a creature second

Dragons embody the Deadly Sin of greed

In Smaug's case he embodies several: Greed, Sloth, Pride, Wrath, at least. Maybe Lust, depending on how much he likes that gold.

It's all very Christian.

But originally, the dragon was a metaphor for Satan and represented Pride.

It wasn't until characters like Fafnir became popular in the West that people thought of dragons as hoarders and not asshole princess-stealers

thorin or balin I don't quite remember say that dragons are attracted to gold and smaug was the nastiest and greediest worm that was attracted to the lonely mountain by its treasure

Luxury brand dragon dildos

It is also implied that dragons can smell gold and treasure like vultures can smell a dead body