All Hail King Julien

So there was a podcast recently with showrunner Mitch Watson. He dropped some news regarding the final couple of seasons. He starts talking about the show around the 1:07:00 mark:

>Matthew Lillard will voice a "geeky shark" and Frank Welker will voice Mort's grandfather.

>Pam will be a recurring character.

>Watson is writing the last episode, with the show having a total run of 78 episodes.

>Dreamworks is working on a Felix the Cat cartoon. This was confirmed previously in the The Animation Guild's blog.

There's more at 1:41:00

>Season five will have a 13-episode storyline that picks up after the cliffhanger from season four. Netflix wanted them to make a binge watch season, and it will be a parody of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, and the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

>Watson also mentioned that it has some of the most "batshit" stuff he's ever made, comparing it to Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

Anyone else hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

latalkradio.com/content/combat-112516 #audio_play
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post best bodyguard.

I'm sorry user, I don't have any Ted pictures.

This all sounds pretty cool! I've been noticing this change with Puss in Boots as well.

Felix the Cat is a surprise to me, though.

ijnhuhhi

You forgot the link, OP.

latalkradio.com/content/combat-112516 #audio_play

Oh, shit. Thanks user.

Didn't you watch the season, Pancho is the new bodyguard.

>>Watson also mentioned that it has some of the most "batshit" stuff he's ever made, comparing it to Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.
holy shit

I'll be interested to see, the show already has a lot more continuity than you might expect.
I'm curious if there gonna be so certain the next season is the last one if they are going to straight into leading directly into the events of Madagascar 1, because that's going to involve explaining why Clover isn't around.

Isn't this the show that tried to bring politics in and teach preschoolers trump is baaaad???

I'm only halfway through. I'm watching it with my brother.

I'm curious in how they handle that. They were good at adding little details from the first Madagascar, and he made it sound like they're constantly making sure they don't stray off from what the movies established.

They do a lot of satire, but it's played up so absurdly that it doesn't feel too preachy.

The gun episode, for instance, goes off the rails once the scorpions go rogue and attack others.

Yes, because the subject matter of running a kingdom is inherently political, it brings in and parodies political topics such as
War: its bad because lemurs are pansies that can't even win a battle with butterflies
Guns (scorpions): its bad because the lemurs are idiots who start stinging up each other with no self control
Money: it's bad because the lemurs are idiots that have no self control and let al the money end up in the hands of the 1%
Democracy: its bad because the lemurs are all idiots that will vote for a known megalomaniac just because he puts on a nice face.
Wall around the kingdom: its bad because it's a secret plot to overthrow Julien by locking him out.

So I don't get it, they're teaching kids to want a communistic totalitarian society where the citizenry is disarmed and there's a wall around to keep out people they don't like? So they really like North Korea?

They also make fun of participation trophies, so it's not one-sided.

Would you be surprised if they genuinely tried to put this kind of agenda ?

Well the wall is dismantled at the end of the episode and the foreigners all decide the kingdom is too crazy for them anyway and leave.

Case in point, that "build a wall" episode was more of a general immigration episode - it was mostly a coincidence that it aired during Trump's rise. You can tell because the sentiment on display was "the lemurs are fretting about resources that are actually freely available to everyone, and chasing at shadows". If it had been a response to Trump specifically, it would be more along the lines of "the lemurs are literally running a gestapo to find and bludgeon all non-lemurs with mangoes until they die." Hell, they probably would have pulled the trigger on that aye-aye thing with Maurice earlier, too.

It is weird that a fact we've known for like 10 years was apparently a secret to the characters. Kudos to them for leaving a season for people to wonder if Maurice is actually an aye-aye when he doesn't look like characters identified as aye-ayes though.

Where's the Clover anons anyway?

Was it anyone else's headcanon that Maurice was old enough to be Julien's replacement dad when his parents ran out on him?

I even tried to find evidence to the contrary and realized that everytime Maurice refers to raising Julien he refers to them both being kids.

And then I realize Julien finding baby Maurice out in the bushes is why he thinks that's where baby lemurs come from.

this show is great to fall asleep to.
And to be honest, i had no idea that the guy who voices him here voiced him in the penguin movie.
spot on sasha.

But really, where on earth could go for help? It's implied Koto more or less owns all of Madagascar.

That's probably the purpose of the arc next season. They'll need help from outside of Madagascar.

>Showrunner's wife doesn't let his daughter watch the show because she assume he's made it too mature for her.
That amuses me.

Well, as long as Netflix is giving them money, they can sort of use it as a testing ground for their library of movie franchises and classics.

mort is such a fucking faggot.

You better make some room for all the new shows coming up.

>Spirit

Aren't they 14 years late for that?

I think girls just always love horses.