Without memeing, have the Shrek movies aged well at all?

Without memeing, have the Shrek movies aged well at all?

>CG movie
>aging well

No.

SOME

no

BODY

GET OUT

Shrek 1 yes
Shrek 2 somewhat
anything else no

I recently re-watched the first two and they still hold up imo.The CGI is a little awkward but the humor is still good.

ONCE

No

Do you think Shrek falls into the uncanny valley?

TWICE

>unfunny frank
>undermeme

You must be 18 or older to use this site.

No, the faces aren't nearly human enough to have this affect

TOLD

IT'S TOLD

1 and 2 were good, 3 was meh haven't seen 4

I've heard a lot of people say the humans in Shrek are eerie but I don't really see it.

>Skylanders

Fuck no.

keep it that way. 4 was a trainwreck

OUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUT

Yeah. They're okay.

They dated themselves by making a hundred sequels.

OUT OF THE BUTT AND INTO THE FUCK

YOU HAVE TO STOP

>Pretending that Francis of the filth isn't funny as shit
>Shitting on Undertale to be "cool"

Why you so shook my man?

They spawned too many sequels and WAY too many shitty imitators, but I'm one of those people who hated Shrek even when it was popular and current.

I don't know why, just something about how forced and unfunny it was coupled with how up-its-own-ass the fairy tale references were... as though the last four generations of children actually have fairy tales in their frame of reference instead of the millions of ironic retellings and subversions.

NEVER, JUST SING THE MEME SONG

Undertale was a good game but he's not wrong about filthy frank being unfunny reddit shit

Undertale was a bad "game."

No, the whole production was tailor made to be edgy garbage. Shrek was designed to dump all over Disney with sweet one liners, sex innuendos and fart jokes.

Dated jokes and pop culture references aside you can't sell yourself as some sort of rebel flick and then whore yourself out as hard as possible to literally anybody who wants a piece. It kind of fucks up whatever impact your art may have had.

There's a reason Smash Mouth and Shrek are inseparable entities. They're both try hard trash. Safe, gentle and inoffensive rebellion. You couldn't find a more fitting band to open the movie with.

Thanks.

Undertale was a good game.

It also had waaaaay too much hype and one of the worst fanbases imaginable, wrought from the dying remnants of Homestuck and an influx of Tumblrite pre-teens.

But it was a good game.

1 = 2 > 4 > 3

i hope this pleases anyone who unironically likes shrek

#1 will always be a classic. Anybody that disagrees has objectively terrible subjective taste.

Get out of my swamp.

1 and 2. I still remember 2's "I need a Hero" sequence as one of the best climax builders I've seen.
3 was... horrible. I frankly can't remember anything good about it. 4 tried to go back to its roots and it was slightly better, but not that much

good job friend

>Reddit
Sorry, how does something qualify as Reddit?

shrek 1?

the animation too jarring to enjoy today.

Shrek 2?

yup, it holds up.

I actually watched them all recently in a marathon.
The only one that loses it's way is the third.
The best movie is 2 and the hate the 4th got was, in my opinion, really undeserved.

That third one tho, it just feels off, its not funny or charming or memorable...

Definitely the first two. I can unironically still enjoy them. Animation can be jarring after all this time but it's not horrible.

You know, I was going to shit on you thinking 4 was better than 3 because I hated 4 but then for the life of me I could barely fucking remember anything that happened in 3.

When I strain my brain, 3 was fucking boring and had the exact same message as the last 2 movies whereas 4 was fanfiction with yet another angry midget. At least the latter was newish.

Anyway your opinion is still shit because SHREK 4D at Unibersal Studios>All other forms of art that came before and after.

To be fair, at least the angry midget in 4 was entertaining. Not that Farquaad wasn't, but the reason 4 stands out to me for any reason is just how much fun Rumplestiltskin was to watch.

As someone who actually sat through that garbage was Thelonious like a zombie or something? Nigga coukd take a hit. Wanted to see him and Shrek throw down.

>without memeing.

beyond the impossible OP

/thread

I still think the first 2 were good but, woah

I thought the first Shrek aged badly back when I rewatched it in 2007.