Watching this short now- seems up Sup Forums's alley

watching this short now- seems up Sup Forums's alley.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo

bump?

who is the target audience?

Angel Anaconda fans who constantly fantasize about getting revenge on Stacey?

dunno but I love it

Okay, so the demo would be 18-35 year olds, which is of course the most-consuming market in the '10s so it's got that going for it. It definitely has the John K. style which also goes well. It would definitely have to go to either Adult Swim or FX, though it seems more AS's cup of tea. This still also works since, with the exception of Archer, AS still brings in a lot of that demo with their adult animation lineup. It seems like it would be easy to animate on a regular basis, and would likely cost only around $90,000 an episode to animate fully, if less if the artist is good with their digital production. That's an estimate of the closest seeming animation style that would fit (Loud House).

Guys, this is funny as shit, just ignore the first minute or so's worth of the voice, it gets straight up hilarious.

I'm just unsure on what the premise will be. Is it some nonsensical laugh-a-day about high school that sometimes has a paranormal or weird twist like Regular Show does or is she pretty much gonna be a ghost forever?

I love all those expressions, very crazy, love it.

Yeah, it's quite good. Takes the American high school stereotypes so far it becomes a insane fantasy world.

It is pretty good.

>Those expressions
>That style.
>Had a good laugh

I like it. More soon?

I'm surprised there's been BofA art or lewds since it was posted a month ago

BofA?

good

i think the the general idea is that she's a ghost forever, since the pilot/demos is just it establishing how things are gonna work if it ever got a show

BofA DEEZ NUTZ

nice find

thanks OP, you're a cool guy

That escalated.

I think some tropes might get old despite the self-awareness, but there are a lot of great one-liners, and I love how expressive the characters are.

now quote your favorite line

>I'm allergic to bees you punchline

>Don't you spit that out Ella!
>That's Yours To Enjoy

>And just who in the jolly shit do you think you are you horse's ass?

>dies
>sees legions of the dead
>feels pulse
Sh*t...

>I'm not going back to wearing a nicotine patch and a set of earplugs every lunch hour like in middle school

I'd watch it.

That got me.

>Make like a tree
>AND GET THE FUCK OFF MY BENCH

I how the "mean girl" stereotype looks like some sort of insect.

Ohhh, I think this is one of the guys who worked on Bunnicula.

I can't tell if that's just the prototype voice, or if they'd keep it for comedic effect.

Goddamn Ello is adorable.

It's always odd suddenly seeing monochrome characters in full color.

I pictured the two on the left with their colour schemes swapped.

Not a fan of her voice but I guess I could get used to it. I really like their expressions. Would watch.

>Why don't you frickin' make me, Starbucks.

I like her GIANT BUTT

>[X] that ass

Pretty sure that's a dude doing a falsetto. Remember the message in the beginning; voice and sound are scratch for proof-of-concept.

>Elbows that red ghost fucker
Got a good laugh outta me, then again so did a lot of moments.

>I need some sleep playing at the end

Great.

Shit has potential

I've watched this so many times. I like how evil Jessica is, and the expressions and body language are amazing. Also the art looks pretty familiar. Not sure what it reminds me of though

I dont know why but that ghost child with the lollipop gets a good laugh out of me each time.

Honestly I think the voice kind of sells it.

It's basically an angstier Daria.

Some parts feel like out of Ren and Stimpy

>Prayer before test taking is still considered cheating
>Sometimes you just wanna lollipop their throat with a gel pen

The voice is what makes parts of it funny

Its sad that the best new animated series ive seen this year isnt even finished.
Sauce?

You can definitely see a lot of John K style with the ghosts.

That was a pretty funny part. Pretty much everything about Purgatory was funny, especially with how horrifying all the ghosts were while Becky wasn't having any of that shit

>why dont you make me you living sterotype

She has a pretty damn good ass

I'm liking it so far. Good style.

Might be my favorite take on the intentionally stereotypical mean girl. She looks so psychotic.

Yeah, a lot they can do with purgatory, the fact that she just starts chilling with Lizzie Borden is great.

Why did they use their one female voice actor on not the main character?

>this is how the T-Rex drinks his chocolate milk
>hrrggglllgghhhhh!!!

I could forsee her being a great antagonist, possibly dipping into supernatural shit herself in order to get back at Becky

She probably couldn't pull off the right voice for Becky

The one female voice actor sounds foreign so putting her on the character with the least lines made sense.

I prefer the voice Becky has in this one, has its charm to it, dont think I'd want it any more feminine

Because it's funny

I really liked Becky's pants for some reason.

The whole thing was great overall. It's been a while since I've found anything this funny.

What type of genre would you classify this as?

Lizzie Borden's scenes were entertaining, but I know a little too much about the Bordens' history, so Lizzie's portrayal felt really inaccurate and it was a little distracting.

Black comedy?

"Oh my god. What happened to my 2 inch waist?"

Slice-of-purgatory?

Yeah, whats great about this its not just waifubait with becky and her fat ass, but its actually hilarious.

Episode 2: Becky re-possesses her own body?

In what way was it so innaccurate?

It's a really good art style. You can have a sexy design like Becky and a super cartoony one like Sheldon or whatever his name was and it works.

Why is Lizzie Borden a popular character? She showed up in Gravity Falls too and I hadn't even heard of her before that.

Well, first off, Lizzie is portrayed according to the age everyone knows her as being, which is around her early 30s, the time the murders took place and she became famous. But she actually died in her late 60s. Why is her ghost so young? That's mostly what bothered me.

Secondly, I kinda always thought that maybe she didn't do it. She was acquitted and there is evidence that sort of suggests it wasn't her, though she mostly got off because there wasn't enough evidence confirming anybody at all and there is some cause for people to believe it was her.

And she was kinda a little too crazy, but I can excuse that because it's a cartoon, all the characters are exaggerated and crazy.

I'd suppose it be the rhyme about her that makes her a bit more well known

>Lizzie Borden took an axe
>And gave her mother forty whacks.
>When she saw what she had done,
>She gave her father forty-one.

Cause Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.

She's infamous like Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy, or Bonnie and Clyde

>Lizzie Borden took and axe and gave her mother forty whacks
>And when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty one

It is literally because her story became a modern nursery rhyme. Kids have been skipping rope to that for a century now. At the time her murder case was an international scandal comparable to the OJ Simpson trial.

This must be a thing in places where I don't live because I've never heard of her or that rhyme.

Becky and Ella remind me of my edgy friends from high school.

That was pretty damn good actually.
Also, Jessica sounds a lot like Christa Miller, which is never a bad thing.

That Lizzie Borden cutting down the tree part worked so well.

I live in Massachusetts, so she's part of the local history. And some people around here fucking love local history. My sis worked at the murder house for a while giving tours. It's a bed and breakfast now, you can sleep there.

I want Becky to sit on my face

I dont even remember when I first heard it, but I
liked to watch ghost hunting shows and all that paranormal shit when I was little, so probably from tv.

>"i guess bad habits..."
>cheezy pause
>"...die hard"

That was really good
There's never going to be anymore, is there?

>That shoulder

there will always be fanart

I don't see why he couldn't make another one. It'll take time though.

People usually dont make more of a pilot cartoon if it's not greenlit.

You do if you like the concept enough. But I'd be fine if he wanted to do other stuff after this.

this really isn't polished enough to be called a pilot
More like a concept animatic

mfw >You're my bench now Jessie

>That ass crack peek as she goes to sit down

Rule 34 when?

Maybe soon, let me finish my hot chocolate and think up some ideas.

>shoulder freckles
Scandalous

becky is a fantastic take on the anti social angry teen. the fact that things get to her plays a big part, she is not the disaffected know it all who silently judges everyone, like daria, things get to her, she gets angry and frustrated and fights back. she also doesnt go out of her way to fuck with others, she was willing to let the whole thing rest until they decided to rub it on her face. she is practical and self reliant, she doesnt go to complain about her issues or takes out her anger on others and there is a true core of care inside of her, you can see that in the way she tells her friend that she can enjoy her candy and shouldnt listen to bullies.
also she's hilarious and kind of hot in her own trashy way