Tfw I tried for 10 years trying to find investors and producers for a feature film and it never came together

>tfw I tried for 10 years trying to find investors and producers for a feature film and it never came together

Fuck nepotism. Fuck jews. Fuck people born into money. FUCK Hollywood.

Filmmaking only works if you're rich huh?

Filmmaking only works if you're jewish huh?

Filmmaking only works if you slave away like a cuckold on shitty sets for 25 years and PRAY that someday a producer will give you a chance to make a film huh?

Filmmaking only works if you spend $200,000 on a shitty feature film and somehow LUCKILY get into Sundance huh?

Filmmaking only works if your dad is already famous and established huh?

Well guess what, FUCK that. FUCK these people. I had a fucking dream and they didn't even give me the time of day. I will slaughter and rape every last one of these fucking Hollywood cunts if it's the last fucking thing I do. I will make them wish they never rejected me.

what's your moviefilm about?

Look at how big this lion is

post your script bitch

If I say, people will easily be able to trace it and find out who I am, and I'll be a fucking joke. Failed filmmakers are the most pathetic people in existence. I should hang myself.

You posted it online?!?!!?!??!!??!?!

The guy who directed donnie darko hasn't gotten to do much work even though he made a cult classic.

There's a lot of underutilized talent out their that's well known.

You're gonna have to get in a long line.

God I'm so FUCKING angry right now. This dream was all I had left. ALL I had left. I've been slowly traveling deeper and deeper into schizophrenia, I haven't had a girlfriend in almost 8 years, and my parents are withering away and dying. I have no job prospects. My life is fucking over.

After everything I suffered through, after being excluded my entire life, and almost being murdered by a psychotic whore, I DESERVE the chance to make my fucking movie. I deserve it. I don't give a fuck what people say, I deserve the opportunity to make this and live in peace with no further burden of financial responsibility for the rest of my life. I've earned it.

I'm going to shoot myself tomorrow in front of the first man who rejected my idea. Then maybe he'll think twice before saying no to people like me.

I bet these would both destroy that tiger

>I'm going to shoot myself tomorrow in front of the first man who rejected my idea. Then maybe he'll think twice before saying no to people like me.
hahahahaha
yeah i'm sure that's what's going to be on his mind

Fuck the line, I deserve this. I deserve it probably more than anyone else after all the piss and shit I've had to suffer through. If you're on Sup Forums you probably have a good idea of what my life has been like. Not pretty.

>not being jewish
YOUR BIGGEST FILMMAKING MISTAKE

Have you considered crowdfunding your project?

Just live the sweet NEET life brother.

I worked at a retirement community, and one guy I met was a former screenwriter and he lived with an older family member or something.

We'd talk movies, but he hardly ever checked out the films I recommended. He was really into Hitchcock.

Working at that place threw me into a depression I still haven't recovered from. I worked in the recreation dept, so I saw a few people that were in good shape turned into total invalids after a stroke.

Screenwriter guy was a pretty big failure even though he was Jewish. The only reason he left was because his wife took him back or something.

What have you done so far?

You don't deserve anything, bud. Untreated or poorly-treated schizophrenia probably not helping with that whole gladhanding interpersonal relations part of seeking patrons. The world owes you nothing, the industry owes you nothing, your family owes you nothing, get fucking used to it. The world isn't the Truman Show, you are not the center of it, nobody gives a fuck about you and they STILL wouldn't give a fuck about you if you murdered 100 people. You're just another human speck like everybody else, and you better fucking get used to it if you wanna stick around.

You're. Not. Special.

Yes. But I quickly realized crowdfunding (or maxing out credit cards) isn't enough for the types of films I want to make. I don't want to make mumblecore shit for like $20,000. My ideas require expensive production design and professional artists.

sounds like you're chasing your own tail and have no idea how to play the game
do you have any good filmmaker friends? having a good reputation among creative people guarantees you work, the fact that you claim you have nothing after all this supposed work means you did something wrong

> actually using the word deserve
> being this much of a millenial

Or maybe you should either keep trying but get a part time job. Go see a therapist it will help you far more in your life than making a dumb movie.

If not then change the idea of your movie since it's clearly not selling

Also stop saying you deserve shit. No you don't, you sound exactly like Elliot Roger the moron that killed 4 people because blondes wouldn't have sex with him.

have you considered not making shitty films

Actually, I am different. I'm not like you. And when I shoot myself you'll find out..Well, I guess the entire world will find out. And everyone will wake up from this nightmare.

OK fine I'll tell you

It is a comedy, ideally a vehicle for Martin Lawrence or Adam Sandler. He's a down on his luck screenwriter who has one last chance ve to get his movie idea made, but he has to win a no holds barred race around the world.
His movies idea also involves a race around the world. So it's meta

>And everyone will wake up from this nightmare.
there are no nightmares

only one long strange dream without explanation

I'd watch this movie. You've found your voice, user. Go wild.

My work over the last decade has primarily been screenwriting, and looking for finance, not developing low-budget projects. Low-budget will not work for the ideas in my head.

thanks for passing through
good luck

This would make a decent trailer.

Coming soon: Normies: Get Out (Reeee)

you're just trolling right
you're not actually OP right? fucking hell i really hope you're not

>not working with what you have and coming up with something great even with those limitations

$20,000 can go a long way so long as you use it wisely. Use the least complex script you have if you must. Get well-trusted friends together to work on the film, ones who will understand if you can't pay them, ones who also want their foot in the door.

This isn't rocket science; it's film. You'll get there. Be patient. Don't be an autist about it.

I'm gonna have to pass.
Best of luck.

see
This isn't me, please don;'t believe this shit. I'm not going to post my idea on Sup Forums.

Most of my film concepts are like high-end versions of Ryan Trecartin's work.

work is work, and this whole time you could have been looking for it instead of assuming everyone else wants to gratify your pet project that may be nowhere near as good as you think it is

Nah. You have any idea how many suicides and murders nobody knows about that occur in LA's County, in California, in the entire nation? A lot. And nobody knows they exist. And even if they do know, they don't know two minutes later because it's just another shithead disappearing from their world.

Take for instance Randy Stair who murdered his coworkers before himself. Half the people of this thread won't even know the name, the other half will only remember it if they pop it into google. He was a nobody with a dumb project too, and nobody cares that he's gone or that he ever breathed our air.

It was shit, in other words.

It's better than it sounds, trust me

It's all in the writing

My point isn't that "people will care after I'm gone". My point is, none of you will exist after I'm gone.

Stop derailing my fucking thread.

the nigga you posted looks like he makes retarded stoner garbage, wouldn't give you a dumb, entitled faggot

Have you made any shorts? Do you want to direct your feature?

>none of you will exist after I'm gone
i'll take you up on that bet

all in on me still being here, all earthly material wealth

Kill as many jews as you can, dont waste your life. It's their fault, after all

that sounds awful, nobody is going to drop significant money for that especially if you used his name in a pitch

Here's to hoping there's no eternal soul, then.

Just make it you stupid faggot. Didn't it take Lynch like 8 years to make eraser head because he had to keep stopping when he ran out of money? Just fucking make it yourself jesus christ people like you are the fucking worst "wahh, hollywood wont take a chance on me" no shit. Rent some equipment and film your own fucking movie loser.

this

Sounds interesting but you're a frogposter who thinks there's a problem with nepotism, Jews, and people born into money, so fuck you, you got what you deserved.

This.
Then if you're worth a shit maybe some big jew will throw money at you
You think you're the only loser with big ideas and no cash? Get in line you're not a special snowflake

Not OP, but does anyone have any tips on how to best make a living while trying to raise money for a movie? Should I go for something in the industry or something unrelated that pays better?

Why are you trying to convince me this is actually happening right now?

I made a few shorts in 2010, as practice. But listen, people direct huge films all the time with limited prior experience. Why can't I be given the same opportunity? Am I not fucking charismatic enough? What's the fucking problem? I've suffered enough for fuck's sake, just let me have it.

David Lynch had an initial budget of $60,000 (after inflation) which was given to him by the AFI. Not a fair comparison.

I just hope, that someday, a miracle will fall out of the sky.. Or even out of this very thread, and I will be offered the money to make my film. It's about fucking time honestly.

How old are you, OP?

It's okay, you probably had a shitty idea anyways. If you had any ambition you'd be able to get by with a smaller budget.

>why can't I be given the same opportunity?
>being this entitled

What are your influences besides Trecartin?

>I made a few shorts in 2010, as practice
So, they weren't good? If you can't make a good short, what makes you think you'll be able to direct a feature film?

>Why are you trying to convince me this is actually happening right now?
i ain't trying to convince you of shit my dude

i'm just calling your bluff

>this whole post

You come off as a whiny entitled crybaby. The world doesn't owe you shit. David Lynch had many things which you clearly lack, namely ambition and probably talent as well. If your shit is so good, prove it and make people sit up and take notice.

Isn't there tables that you need to be bussing right now?

>David Lynch had an initial budget of $60,000 (after inflation) which was given to him by the AFI. Not a fair comparison.

This changes nothing. There's plenty of good films made with little to no budget.

>unironically the most intensive film discussion I've seen in a while on Sup Forums
>thread will probably be deleted because OP's a faggot as usual

Kevin, is that you? I'm sorry no one would let you film Mallrats 2 or Mallbrats but honestly no one wants to watch your daughter

just make what you can with the resources you have now

if you have real talent someone, somewhere will see it and you might get an offer to do a music video or some small thing

then an advert
then an episode of csi miami etc..........

Those are both shit ideas/concepts

This is what you should have pitched:
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Who's going to donate money to somebody they don't know? Who's going to donate to me?

This is what inexperienced, hopeful, overly optimistic teens think. Music can be made with little to no money. Paintings can be made with little to no money. Novels can be written with little to no money. Films, unfortunately, cannot be made with little to no money.

I promise you, every single example of a successful film with an "ultra low budget", actually cost much more than the initial figure given by marketers. Primer actually cost $50,000, not $7000. El Mariachi? $250K. Clerks? $250k. Newlyweds? $150k. Duplass brothers' first film? Over 100k. Tangerine? over 100k. Escape From Tomorrow? over $900k. Got any more? I doubt it.

Yeah, that's right I'm fucking entitled. I've been shat on my entire life. Everything was taken from me and I've been given NOTHING back. I deserve this one opportunity.

Bunuel. Resnais. Rick Alverson. Nathan Silver. Jonathan Glazer. Since he was mentioned earlier, obviously Lynch. I want to make high-end surrealist films with marketable "hooks".

That road doesn't work for the films I want to make. The films I want to make ONLY succeed with a huge marketing backing behind them and lots of money, because that's how art house films MAKE money. No one wants to see a surrealist film made for $10k. People MIGHT want to see a surrealist film made for 5 million with Ryan Gosling as the star.

>atrociously bad film
>bawwwww it's not bad it's not my fault it's because jews because nepotism because sun is yellow because water is wet bawwwwwww

You're lucky to have a creative dream, even a failed one. Most Neets on here would give their left nut to have a screenplay, a sense of entitlement, constant rejections, something external to be miserable about and years wasted on something of substance.

Kill yourself.

who won, user?

How about my idea. circa 1943-1944 Hitler, in a last ditch attempt to defeat the allies, sends Nazi's back in time to the American Revolution in order to prevent the US from winning it's war of independence to replace the Hessians. It is tentatively titled "George Washington, Nazi Hunter"

were not talking about the films you WANT to make
you need a track record of being able to do SOMETHING

all newish directors have a passion project they hope one day to be able to make

until then they direct episodes of Law and order etc

Brock Lesnar

>see gorilla butt
>can't stop staring at gorilla butt
>feel urge to buttfuck gorilla butt

damn you, Sup Forums, i thought i've hit rock bottom in depravity and you manage to bring me even lower DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's not what happened to Lynch, or Paul Thomas Anderson, or Xavier Dolan, or Tarantula. If these fucks got that opportunity, I deserve it too.

Film making gen?

Do a kikestarter you idiot.
Lots of films get funded this way

What a surprise, some guy has no real experience and refuses to work his way up but complains how he deserves an opportunity from doing nothing

Who's going to give money to a nobody?

You deserve nothing. Those men are geniuses. You're a bitter DELUDED pissant with no credentials. But yeah I'll throw huge amounts of money at you, your toxic entitled attitude makes for a great set atmo

that's a male gorilla you fruit, it's ok to mirrin

it's untalented and entitled bawwwwgirls like you who should kys

Just make shorts, OP. Maybe some horror short would click with the market (even in Youtube).

Or maybe write a script with something like Rope (Hitchcock) or 12 Angry Men in mind: one location, dialogue heavy, some philosophy, character drama, etc. That wouldn't require a lot of money.

whats your favorite bunuel and resnais film senpai?

>I want to make high-end surrealist films with marketable "hooks".

Thank god nobody gave you a chance, we don't need another Villeneuve or Aronofsky.

so not only has Sup Forums made me attracted to gorillas, Sup Forums has also made me gay ;_;

I'm sure he could scrap a $1000 from here if he actually had a good idea he would share and a better attitude

It's not that I deserve an opportunity because I've worked hard. I deserve the opportunity because my life has been a fucking miserable shit show and I want reparations for it.

I have the vision to someday be considered a genius on their level. If I had the opportunity, I'd fucking prove it. I have the script which proves it, but nothing else to show for it, because of course, you have to be a fucking Jew or extremely lucky to get anything done in Hollywood.

Read the story of how Tarantino's first film got made. Fucking RIDICULOUS luck. I deserve the same.

What's wrong with being entitled when you've lived a life as awful as mine? Shit's not fair. Inb4 "life isn't fair", I do not give a fuck.

The best surrealists aren't inspired by surrealists.

OP, those films really were low budget, you're just angry, you have to understand that producers don't give money to anyone that has never made anything, all those directors you mentioned showed their skills making a low budget film to attract (((investors))), that's how it works, and your idea seems kinda artsy so it's probably never gonna happen unless you make it yourself, and if it had commercial potential then they would just buy it at a low price because you're nobody (no offence)

don't give up your dreams, but understand that you have to start from the bottom, make a short film and send it to festivals, just have fun making them, you can't just ask for money and make Titanic because you feel like it

also, maybe your idea just isn't good and that's why they didn't want it

>Hey user, what kind of coverage do you want for this scene?
>Would you be asking that question of LYNCH? Of PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON? Why does no one on this set respect me as a DIRECTOR? This is my film after all. My hard work. I have ALREADY told you what we're going to be doing. HERE, just GIVE me the CAMERA! SOMEONE GET SANDLER ON SET ALREADY!

I mean on kickstarter. My buddy and I may have a good idea we just came up with for a short film, and we've been looking at crowdfunding, but I just don't see why people would give us money. Would they if it's a good idea?

With the amount of times you've said 'deserve' I do hope you an hero

Meanwhile I was working with producers earlier today on. 600k feature film that's going to end up on Netflix. Plus I already have a YouTube video up with 3million plus views. I'm also not Jewish. So fuck yourself you talentless nobody

>600k feature film that's going to end up on Netflix

damn, you sure aim for the stars

Any advice for humble people willing to work hard and dedicate themselves to create quality work?

I ''im Jewish with a few friends in the business
but they worked hard to get to where they are

some had to intern for months before getting a decent production role

This is either bait, or you're a tourist to this board

Frankly, if I were to try the Kickstarter method, I'd need to raise at least ~$50,000 to do what I want to do. I have an idea for a low-budget surrealist film. It's shot on black and white 16mm, set in a carnival in 1990s West Virginia, and starring ReviewBrah. I actually emailed him about it and talked about it with him, this isn't a joke. But probably no one would give a fuck so it's not worth bothering.

Read David Lynch's book, not really true exactly.

A lot of this thread is an over-exaggeration but I'm just scared for my future. My ONLY option is directing films. I seriously don't have it in me to do anything else.

This made me laugh.

Better than pissing in my own cereal like OP

What did Lynch say?

Maybe, I've seen people do crowd funding on Sup Forums back in the day to pay rent when they lost their job. If you really know how to film you could make a Sup Forums inspired movie, I'm sure you could get a bunch of people to make small donations

>Tommy Wiseau directing The Room