What's the point of running if you stand no chance?

What's the point of running if you stand no chance?
Isn't it just a waste of money and shit

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2016/06/16/gary-johnson-taking-the-same-support-fro
projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to steal votes from the two main canidates

i would write in master splinter before i voted for gary lmao johnson

They get money from PACs and supporters. Remember Bernie Sanders?

Funding for the next election for your party.

does he even realize how retarded he comes off as? watching him speak in public is like something out of a satirical TV show

Johnson actually has one of the best shots a third party candidate can really ask for, and there's an argument to be made that he can change how we think about politics.

All he has to do is take a few states, which is somewhat possible. If he does that and throws it to the house, it's POSSIBLE that he may be elected there, but it's more likely it would go to Trump.

He's the "xddd both candidates suck were screwed either way" vote

This, it would be interesting to see him take New Mexico or Utah. Despite the brainwashing slander Sup Forums poops out on a day to day basis, he has credentials, with the most formidable arguments watered down to "DUDE WEED LMAO" or "but he talks kind of funny". Easily the best candidate in the field hands down. If his mannerisms were more on point and professional he could garner quite a few votes.

He won't even get a high enough percentage to make it on the debate stage.
He will take no votes, and he'll be forgotten in 6 months time. Sorry to break that to you, but he's a failure who never had a chance.

>voting for someone not charismatic

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IS A HURTFUL TERM

ITS UNDOCUMENTED WORKER

Seriously, fuck Gary Johnson.

Pretty sure most people recognize that. It's a matter of principle.

>this is the metric used to determine who is qualified to be president nowadays

>a person doesn't vote for Johnson because he sperg'd out over an issue yet votes for Trump
The utmost APEX of irony.

It's unfair and flat out wrong to say he has no chance, it's not much but it's there. And frankly, I want him to get as much support as possible because it makes it even likelier that Trump wins. He's Ross Perot 2.0, and he's going to ruin this election for Clinton the same way Perot ruined it for Bush

>thinking a vote for Gary Johnson means anything
m-muh movement! muh message!

enjoy hill dog

>for your party.

For your "party"

if these fucks actually gave a shit they could put together a campaign and get support

instead all they do is weasel pipedreamers into giving them cash to fail repeatedly and suck votes from the other parties

Much the same reason people vote Lib Dem in safe Labour/Tory seats, he can try and pass himself off as some sort of middle ground.

In theory if he polls an average of 15% he gets on the televised debates and would get to show more people what Libertarian policies are like which is probably his main goal - although that now looks unlikely.

>Implying charisma hasn't been a substantial factor in determining who wins elections for the past 50 years thanks to tv

Like it or not charisma plays a big role, as does physical appearance, there's a reason you don't see many genuinely ugly or very fat politicians

Ask her.

Except for the fact that he takes away almost completely equally from the Democrats and Republicans. Even then, Democrats are going to be less likely to vote for someone who calls for no government.

>almost equally

there's a pretty clear difference in what polls look like with and without Johnson buddy.

Show me one fucking poll that says that, oh wait, here's one saying the exact same fucking thing I said.
reason.com/blog/2016/06/16/gary-johnson-taking-the-same-support-fro

who cares if he's persuaded like 4 people to vote for him

I voted for Johnson in 2012 i had no idea he was such a huge faggot and not a Libertarian.

this and fame/name recognition for book deals and speaking engagements, etc.

>i had no idea
You shouldn't be voting, you stupid asshole.

Literally every single poll that I've seen has shown Johnson making at the very least a two point difference, and his presence in NM is actually turning it red and giving Trump a chance there.

You can go on your lengthy tirade about Johnson that is fueled by whatever it is that's making you so pissed at him, but the fact stands that he's doing very well for a third party candidate, he draws more support away from Clinton than he does Trump, he actually has a mentionable chance at winning the election, and you're retarded.

>Like it or not charisma plays a big role, as does physical appearance, there's a reason you don't see many genuinely ugly or very fat politicians

of all the candidates that ran, the ones ahead right now are an orange old man with crazy hair, a deteriorating old hag, and a wrinkly guy with a big nose

He doesn't have shit for argument. Seriously supports GMO labels and TPP. Did horribly in NM. Literally is "lmao weed". Hired by Clintonz to deflect soft Trumpers and Bernouts. Watch him on CNN: he can't argue against a soccer mom let alone a professional politician. AgainSt trump, he'd become nearly as pathetic as Jeb!.

>he actually has a mentionable chance at winning the election
>less than 0.1% chance of winning
projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

>Implying BernMan wasnt infinitely more charismatic than Killary

Lots of good that did him

I was gonna vote for LP but they chose Nazi Cakes Johnson as their nominee so I jumped on the Trump Train.

What are those percentages based off of, the likelihood that they will get enough votes to secure enough votes to get 270 EC votes?

That's not how he'd win, so if that's the case I'd say that doesn't really reflect his chances, which are probably more like 1-3% or something.

Its kinda funny that all the pro Johnson threads died after people realized he was taking more votes away from Clinton than from Trump.

>Implying the Jews haven't already rigged the election

I was voting for hilary now im voting for Johnson, they both agree on gun control, immigration, tpp, carbon taxes, blm, and bake the cake bigot.
>we should start promoting this guy as a an alternative to hilarry