Why aren't there any A-Listers among the Knight superheroes? Why aren't knights more popular in general...

Why aren't there any A-Listers among the Knight superheroes? Why aren't knights more popular in general? All we got is Black Knight and he sucks. We can probably count Iron-man but his book sucks.

Cause they have swords and yet aren't allowed to slice people up.

Because the no kill meme has to be followed.
That and knights don't exactly fit the modern day capeshit setting

Which is a shame. Artorias and his doggo would be bretty good heroes

You do realize the most popular superhero in the world's most famous epithet is "The Dark Knight," right?

Are wearing medieval plate armor and carrying a broadsword the only qualities that make a knight?

What qualities does Batman have that actually match being a knight? I always thought it was solely for the pun on 'night'.

Pretty much this, like I like Shining Knight in that one Justice League episode but any time he's on screen it just looks like a time travel episode gone weird.

Batman is more like a ninja that thinks he is a knight when he is in fact a ninja.

Just make everyone else robots like in Samurai Jack

>ninja that thinks he is a knight
>not ninja that thinks he is a samurai

>Batman is a knight because of nicknames
Golly, I guess Batman is also a slayer of muslims since he's the Caped Crusader, right?

Samurais are pussies that are useless without their swords. And Batman ain't useless without his swords.

Frank Miller almost willed it so, but instead we got not-Batman.

>Samurai are useless without their bows
ftfy

HAWKEYE
A
W
K
E
Y
E

What qualities should a character have that makes them a knight?

Are you implying knights never employed subterfuge in their tactics?

Are you unaware that the term "crusade" has a much more enveloping definition beyond specifically referencing the attempted recapture of Jerusalem?

>Are you unaware that the term "crusade" has a much more enveloping definition beyond specifically referencing the attempted recapture of Jerusalem?
Same shit with "knight", numbnuts. With Batman, it just means he's the protector, guardian, whatever. Not an actual fucking knight.

The only Hawkeye that matters is the blind one

Also stoicity, being well-trained, highly disciplined, is a member of the social elite, has a squire, is well-armed and protected, exhibits chivalrous values (courage, honor, justice, and a readiness to help the weak). He's pretty knightly if you ask me.

Sounds like you want some retard running around in modern-day society while iron armor brandishing a sword and shield.

Worm has a cool knight character called Chevalier with a cool power set that allows him to steal and interchange properties of materials he has made lenghty contact with.
So he can make armor out of anything but as resistant as X while still being as light as Y.
This also works with space certain objects occupy, allowing his blade to be as big as 15 feet while still being light as a knife and still cut like a motherfucker, as long as he had contact with said blades recently.

Azrael was a fun B-Lister who got fucked over because he was partially made by Quesada. He's back in Detective comics, but is written as shit as the rest of the book.

Was looking for this

Fuck you. Dane is great. If for no other reason than being the only Avenger who can make a jacket work.

Going to need a link to this. You have capture my interest.

>only Avenger who can make a jacket work.
Starbrand's costume looks great, it is just a shame that the character and his book were terrible.

read the summary that follows and have a nice read. Chevalier sadly isn't a main character, but becomes largely relevant at a lot of parts, even having one of the most epic chapters in his point of view, along with backstory and world building.
parahumans.wordpress.com/

If you aren't turned down by the fact that he isn't the focus, do give Worm a try for being a mostly 8.5/10 cape story with an abundance of creative factors to support it and its more than well developped cast.

>still better than getting marooned in the Ultraverse with Juggernaut

Everyone on Sup Forums who likes super-power stuff should give Worm a try if they ever wonder on what could be more creative powers or more realistic view of what a world that has super-powered folk walking around would be like. Also, his author is really good at doing character arcs, making everything feel more organic. Heard the authro got ten "entertainment industry propositions" and two are already in motion. I can't shill this enough.

>Samurai are useless without their spears
drftfybmap

>Samurai are useless WHEN FLUNG FAR INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW

You son of a bitch.

because melee combat a shit

Only cowards use guns.

Yes, the man that has no sense of honor, a lust for vengeance that completely overshadows his desire for justice, and has never been knighted in his life is in fact a knight. How dare these people want something as ridiculous as a man in plate. Can't they see these cawmiks about an insane man dressed as a rodent is exactly what they're looking for???

Pretty much anyone with the undead curse could dominate in marvel or dc. They get stronger the more they kill (by consuming souls and leveling up), they can't die, and can weild almost any weapon perfectly with minimal training, even some bigger and heavier than they are (str/dex levels). They can even learn four different schools of magic (sorcery, pyromancy, faith/healing, and hexes), and with enough souls use all four kinds plus several weapons.

I feel like this thread has been made before.