A Question for Canadians

Redpill me on Vancouver, BC

I kinda want to live near the city (small towns like Hope, BC, or the suburbs) someday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p-I8GDklsN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I visited Vancouver for a few days when I was bluepilled and all I can remember are good memories. How bad is it? I don't mind living near a lot of Asians or Liberals (I'm from washington) and I thought Stanley Park was pretty nice. I just want to know the big drawbacks in the area

Chilliwack bro here.

Vancouver is all asian, super liberal, degenerates everywhere. Delicious food and good nightlife.

closest suburbs are Richmond, Burnaby, North/ West Van and New Westminster. All asian people and literally just homes for people that work in Vancouver.

Tri Cities are Port Coquitlum, Coquitlum and Port Moody. I don't hangout there much but it seems to be like the other suburbs. Just houses for people working in Vancouver. Whiter... but not by a lot.

Surrey. Largest city landwise. Very Indian save for Whiterock (Old white money) and Cloverdale (farms). My Dad grew up in Cloverdale and I have cousins in Whalley. Prepare to be stabbed if you live in a part of Surrey that is not Whiterock or Cloverdale.

Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge are sort of the last of the real Van suburbs. Mostly white, not a whole lot to do.

Langley is pretty nice. Visable minorities but not too much. Close to Van if you want to do stuff but far enough away to feel "small town ish" (pop is like 120,000 so take small town with a grain of salt)

Fuck Abbotsford. All Indians. Murder Capital. Piece of shit.

Mission is literally nothing. Save for a Hells Angels bar and a Monastery. And a really big movie theatre.

Chilliwack is nice. Very white, with a few Asians and Natives running around. RCMP training center, Army reserves base, a lot of manufacturing jobs around (I've worked in a roofing plant, a plant that made trailers for trucks and a slaughterhouse/ meat packing plant). Can be very white trash though... had some big meth problems in recent years.

Hope is where they filled Rambo. That's it.

I can go more in depth of parts of Vancouver if you want.

Any questions?

>chilliwak is nice
chilliwak is so shit you can literally smell it from the highway.

How's W Hastings these days? Place was crazy back in the day.

>want to live in Vancouver suburbs

I hope you have 2 million dollars to spend for a 800 sq ft cuckshed.

If you want crazy I think you meant East Hastings. Long story short. Still very fucked u and probably always will be.

>Can't handle the smell of hard working men providing the food that feeds their family and yours

Yeah it does, at least I know it's not human shit... unlike certain parts of Van.

>probably worst traffic in the world as everyone has to go over a few shitty bridges
>homeless literally everywhere
>weather actually isn't that great and is completely over rated
>houses are beyond expensive, 800k for a fucking 600sqft apartment
>people are literally renting closets out to students and young people
>some areas in the lower mainland dont have a single english speaker and are exclusively chinese mandarin speakers
>no room to expand the downtown core further

It's alright

He speaks truth.

If you want to live near Van but not go broke buying a closet, buy a house in Blaine, WA.

I passed through hope since I fell asleep in the car and my parents got lost. I thought it was alright.
If I wanted to just go walk around (photographag) in the woods or something, maybe eat some flapjacks at a diner, where would be the best place?
Canadian or USD? I thought I could buy a small house like that really cheap. I make 90k a year so that seemed like nothing to me. Fuck. This changes everything.

That's prime crack dealing real estate though, you'll make that million back in 2 months.

that's in one of the most expensive areas to live, and prices are falling right now because we put in a 15% 'get out foreign scum' tax

why does downtown vancouver look so weird compared to american downtowns?

explain weird, because it's surrounded by water?

That's Canadian, about 2 years ago... prices have since gone up.

The more into the Fraser Valley you go. The more outdoorsy stuff you can do. From experience the entire life of a Chilliwack boy aged 13-16 is dirt/mountain biking in the summer then snowboarding in the winter. Hikes, Provincial parks, even Hot Springs... we got it all.

Lower Mainland BC may be full of hippie faggots but it is the most naturally beautiful place in Canada by far.

What's weird? It's just highrises and skyscrapers everywhere, we just have lots of green mixed in

P.S

Although new foreign buyers tax is expected to change that.. seeing as how you would be a foreign buyer though. Lol.

>can't handle the smell of poor people doing literal shit work
nah i cant because im not a filthy poor living in chilliwak lmao

mostly glass towers

best to not move into vancouver proper but further out.

Enjoy your starbucks, guages and man-bun you fucking cuck.

Let the men do their work and keep your gender fluid ass in Davie village.

you can't see the difference?

I was in Vancouver yesterday. Homeless people and piss smell everywhere. Few white people. very sad

googled american downtown and this came up, bunch of towers and some water and bridges what's the difference?

Yeah I want to move just outside the city, less than an hours drive at most.

But if I have to pay $1000000 for a nigger shack I might as well head the different route and buy an apartment right in the center of town

How much would a 2 room rent be in the city? I've never lived the full on loser life style but I'm just curious.

>Langley is pretty nice. Visable minorities but not too much
Its going to shit now with homeless and crack heads. I have had my shit broken into a bunch of times now

>check me out im so manly because i shovel shit with east indians all day

You're real tough buddy, enjoy your life of literal shit tier labor while intelligent people get some relevant jobs

you can get a paki palace out in surrey or richmond for under a million, but you'll be living with sikhs or chinese respectively

yeah but 1 mil CAD = what? 150k usd?

They're missing you at Buzzfeed bro, you should probably head back soon.

Seconded. Crime in langley is fucking retarded.

>comparing me to a liberal cuck faggot baitclick website because I want to do more than shovel literal shit for 12 hours a day

I don't have or use any of those things, you filthy poor. I just have a job that pays me more than you and I don't have to shovel shit doing it because I'm not a retard and am actually successful

Poco/coq/moody are all different. Being invaded by Asians at an alarming rate. Poco is a working class shithole town known for a serial killer and methlabs. Richmond may aswell be china.

american buildings aren't as spaced out

Oh shit Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are here. Visiting your old stomping grounds eh fellas?

>I have no argument so i'll just call them jews
>actually accepting you're a retard that has to shovel shit for the rest of your life

The trouble with Vancouver is that with the mountains on the North, Fraser River on the south/east and the Ocean on the west, there are so many choke points to impede traffic. Our so-called highways have stoplights! The bridges are congested in the mornings and at day's end. Expect commutes of one hour or more. Our subway routes all converge to our downtown and not yet go east/west. Fares are kinda pricey so analyze if it is worth burning our expensive car gasoline.

You can see what our driving conditions are by looking at "Car Crashes of Vancouver". Look out for the cars with "N", they're sometimes driven by recent immigrant Chinese drivers who "buy" their driving licences.

oh they usually require a certain amount of greenspace when they okay a group of towers, and frequently nowadays some affordable housing for poors as well

No fucking good jobs unless you want to be a computer science cuck for microsoft, amazon, or EA. good luck if you want to do anything real like corporate finance/investment banking/ consulting.

unless you're white with a heritage in the area or asian -no chances for you to get these jobs. like zero.

Where do I get my dick wet in terms of nightlife?

>implying argument

no argument here bro, I'm happy with my life, and it seems you are with yours. Other than your complex about trying to show off your apparently huge dollar penis.

You want your Prius driven life in a liberal homo cave then go right ahead. I'm doing just fine my based valley town.

Lived in Port Moody my whole life

The price of living in this town is insane, Terrible police force and is trying to be Portland 2.0 but it's mostly upper class White's.

Burnaby is iffy, I swear every other block is either all white or Chinese.

Port coquiltlam is nicknamed pocompton for a reason, Shit town.

Coquiltlam/burcoquitlam or Langley would be the best bet, You should really consider kelwona.

Mexican. I've lived my whole life getting the special treatment from the left because I'm a "migrant". My family has been here since 1936 but I don't mind since it got me into UW just because I'm brown.

Because there's no good highway into it. Instead of being a commercial hub, where people back drive to the suburbs every night, it's mixed use and they leave their office and walk to their condos.

It was intentional, but there's a couple of other parts to it.

it's a peninsula, there's a scarcity of land

many of the condos were built on expo 86 land, the area around the bottom used to be industrial (see pic), after expo 86 the province sold the government sold the land cheap to a provincial billionaire, who partnered with one of the richest men in hong kong to build it

because Vancouver is on the Pacific, it's called Canada's LA or SF. It should really be called Canada's Miami

See the mountains in the background of the pics?

There's laws that stipulate that the must be view able from parts of the city. So tall buildings are only allowed in certain parts.

entire city is expensive as fuck and always will because its the cali of canada.

job market is pathetic

i want some sort of telecommute and live in kelowna, thats where the real fun in BC is. vancouver is just a hellhole of stress, traffic and income inequality

Kelowna is alright but Victoria is arguably a better place to live right now. Kelowna needs to fix their fucking highway and build some god damn overpasses already.

Keep that shit quiet.

Just move to Revelstoke instead. It's comfy. I regret leaving sometimes, but my wife is American and wanted to live close to her relatives and WA is pretty nice and relatively close to Canada anyway so it evens out.

Hongcouver metro is full of smelly cateating ching chong ping lings and generally overpriced out the ass, you should avoid it.

everyone on the island is a hippy fuckhead with their head in the clouds and the ferries will absolutely rape you financially whenever you need to go back to the mainland

kelowna has lakes for the summer and mountains for the winter

The densest cities in America have their office/commercial sectors spaced very close together for efficiency reasons. Pragmatics take a priority over living quality, since no one lives in an office tower. Places like Midtown Manhattan, the Chicago Loop, downtown San Francisco, and downtown Boston are some nice examples of very compact business districts. Cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Miami have central business districts with similar sized towers, but are more spread out.

Areas with residential high rises prioritize views, spacing between buildings, making sure it doesn't feel claustrophobic, and general quality of life. Here the quality of life takes priority over efficiency and compactness.

In OP's picture, the spaced out high rises are all residential towers, adhering to the priorities that residential developers look for when developing towers. The heart of downtown Vancouver is actually on the top of the peninsula, just to the right of the center in the OP picture. Note the more "traditional" downtown, with compact building density, prioritizing efficiency due to the commercial nature of the district.

What looks odd about the OP picture is that it's uncommon to see so many residential high rises packed into one area. I would imagine that the demand to live on the Vancouver peninsula is very high, yet the water on 3 sides creates a lack of space. The only way to meet this demand is to build up, creating an odd assortment of spaced out residential high rises. (Most cities that have room to build feature more stout, wider buildings and opt for horizontal expansion in contrast to vertical.)

Note that this same demand effect is present in the San Francisco peninsula, but building codes prohibit high rises (making a shit shack in San Fran over 2 million dollars). This effect is also present in Manhattan, where newer high rises are spaced out similar to Vancouver. Manhattan's density is stay WAY higher though.

Victoria real estate is Vancouver 10 years ago.

Revelstoke has some anti development stuff to keep housing prices and hotel costs high. If you're moving to a ski town with no work 8 months a year Kimberley is a better choice.

*Manhattan's density is still WAY higher though due to the majority of it's development occurring in the 1930's where living quality was poor and living units were built essentially right next to each other with no space in between, much like modern office districts nowadays.

You do got a point, I always liked that small city feel Kelowna had, it feels like the perfect size, not to many people but just enough to make it not feel like your average tiny rez town with meth head natives everywhere.

It's growing way to fast though, this shit tier highway system and one fucking bridge wont last much longer at this rate, they just built the god damn thing and it's like 5-6 years from needing to be replaced

you can move there if you have multi-million dollar Chinese parents, otherwise fucking forget about it

Wtf is building on the right? it looks like someone was halfway through a game of Jenga and they decided to build whatever it was.

That's 56 Leonard Street, just north of Lower Manhattan.

this is why you need some redpill career you can do from home over the net so you dont need to leave the house during peak hours. or you buy waterfront and boat to downtown kelowna

Well they're also building shitloads of new highrises in downtown kelowna and just outside the downtown core, it won't be to hard to snag one of those for cheap in the next 6-8 years if people are actually serious about moving here. This place is going to explode pretty quick once that massive hotel and big tech building get built though.

>tfw in hell hole south Okanagan

>Vancouver
>stress

nobody ever works in this fucking city gtfo

Vancouver would be the greatest city in the world, hands down, if it weren't for vancouverites.

Hope is based, Rambo was filmed there.

it's weird because they put a cap on building heights so all the buildings are barely high rises and make a weird uniform looking skyline. there's discussions to change this so some new buildings can add new character

kek

>Where do I get my dick wet in terms of nightlife?

Granville street, probably

>Prepare to be stabbed if you live in a part of Surrey that is not Whiterock or Cloverdale.
Lived in Whalley all my life, never been stabbed. AMA

ya because being broke and unemployed is stress free rite

It literally looks like a simcity 4 skyline when you zone everything as high density residential and commercial. Weird.

how many times you been to the dirty bird?

>there's no good highway into it

watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=p-I8GDklsN4

0. I don't find strippers to be enticing. If I wanted to see people who are on their last leg and doing degenerate things to just live - I would just look in the mirror.

Preach

east hastings is much less fucked up since the olympics and the insight injection clinic opened up tho you have to admit that. use to look worse than fallout 3

I'm assuming most of the people who have posted about Vancouver so far are chinks since any normal white person would list that as Vancouver's number 1 problem it is literally filled with chinks. In the last 30 years it has went from like 90% white to at least 50% chink. The real estate has been driven through the roof and white people are leaving in droves to other areas of the province now. If you are white you will hate Vancouver it is for sure one of the most multicultural cities on the planet and its terrible now.

It sucks.

vancouver has given me so many hobo/street crazy stories. so i guess i am grateful for that.

while at a red light near Science World, saw a guy with no shirt on walk right into the middle of a busy intersection trying to get into fist fights with cars, not even flinching as cars swerved around him. he looked like he was enjoying himself.

There is this one meth faced lady that with uncanny regularity runs up to me out of however many other people in the area to attempt her sob story on me whenever i pass by the same area during my commute. Always "excuse me sir, can i ask you something?" i always decline, but everytime she comes up to me its like she doesnt remember that shes come up to me dozens of times by now.

There is this one morbidly obese woman who would sit near the escalators at a transit station and simply repeat the same line at the same interval, in the same intonation, seemingly regardless if there were even people passing by, like a broken record. "do you have change sir? i'm hungry." over and over.

Saw a dude ski in place on the sidewalk, his feet were firmly planted, he would bend his knees, lean forward, elbows in, lean left, right, back, ovsr and over. i saw this out a window. i checked back a few times intrigued, he was probably doing this for about an hour.

Saw a classic looking hobo talking to cops about how he was planning on drinking rubbing alcohol, but it didnt matter, cause he had cancer anyway, which he took xanax for. and that the female police officer was very pretty, and he'd like to get her a drink, but that she'd owe him sex after tho. officers were trying to get him to admit why he was hanging out with what was seemingly some young drug dealer. Hobo declared, "well, hahaha, my friend here is a homosexual, you guys dont have a problem with that, do you?" as if that was an answer.

saw a dude with an entire pant leg torn open on the back exposing a buttcheck, walking around like everything was normal

It's pretty much the only place in Canada that won't kill you in the winter so it'll always be packed with drug addicts.

cont.

saw some guy who looked like a combo of santa and grrm, on the bus on davie having a very normal seeming conversation. did not look or sound like crazy rambling at all. took a bit to realize that he was talking to himself. talking to self not uncommon here mind you, but how normal he looked doing it was noteworthy

one of the people running for mayor during 2014 election was a guy running under the pseudonym "maynard aubichon," one of his credentials listed was being an excellent streetfighter. and he apparently assaulted a bus driver earlier this year

had some guy dressed like van helsing or some shit at the back of a bus, loudly complaing to everyone within shouting range about some gangstalky stuff about how his neighbors or government or whatever were spying on him and messing with his tv or something. then he takes a guitar he had with him out and starts playing pretty good music.

saw a dude down by the tinseltown mall hunched over, legs bent weird, staring at ground, shuffling aimlessly like a zombie

had some asian or native guy, (hard to tell, looked like a dirtier ver. of movie Oldboy's main character) come up to me and my friends as we left a restaurant, and started telling a sob story where i could only make out 1word in 50. all my friends try to ignore him as they stood around as we were waiting for someone who left early to return. and oldboy is still there, blah blah blah, barely stopping for breath. i tell him repeatedly we have nothing for him, he just doubles down and talks the same gibberish faster and louder. then starts following us with gibberish story when we start to leave. eventually he left us to bother another group of people on sidewalk going other way.

have you seen the guy who keeps his pigeon on a leash on commercial?

I went to a soccer ball game the other night and while walking the street to get to BC Place a negress that just stole a bike tried riding right through us. This place has gone to shit. Granville street was cleaner in the 90s when it was full of porn shops

Didn't think that this many Sup Forumsacks live in my town

Chilliwack is nice. Plenty of jobs

ha, no, but now i want to. i have however seen that weird but nice old lady downtown with a pet duck she carts around, who hands out weird cards to people.

cont. last bit of dtes people, i swear on me mum.

saw some east hastings lookin dude in chinatown with the droopiest dirtiest fupa peeking out from his family sized tent of a shirt, ordering something sugary at a cafe. his legs looked the diabetest

there are the people that drag giant plastic bags full of soda and beer cans on public transit, stinking up the place and blocking aisles

you can see lots of assorted people sleeping alongside high foot traffic areas and under store front awnings

you can see used needles right on the sidewalk in plain sight in east hastings, as well as their "open air market" that is mostly garbage tier stolen goods strewn out on dirty mats.

some guy on canada line train back from richmond kept yelling at the top of his lungs at his very passive sister/mother/gf? (unsure) about how he "LOST HIS FUCKING PHONE!" and continuing with this tantrum like an honest to god 4 year old, for like 5 minutes until eventually some other guy shouts him down and threated to kick his ass if he kept shouting.

many parts of vancouver are nice. but the place really is depressing in how it acts like a nexus for the most broken or wretched people. and how easy you get used to seeing it. and how you realize how little it seems any of dem programs seem to help, because so many of these people can't or won't be fixed.