Westworld

So what direction are they taking it next season?

West

hopefully eastworld

nipchong world

Is this actually worth watching or just dude cliffhanger lmao: the show?

Pretty good show IMO. Great concept and contains enough depth to keep out the casual fans.

They have some cliffhangers, but it's more twist: the show. There's a lot of twists, you'll see some of them coming, but some not at all.
Definitely worth watching, another great series from an already pretty good year.

Thanks, will watch

>Great concept and contains enough gobbledygook to keep out the casual fans but not fool anyone who's actually read up on AI research.

Already jumped the shark.

So, are the hosts (excluding Dolores) robots, or are they organic artificial humans, like replicants?

In this season, they're purely robots. With set objectives, responses and jobs.

Glorious Nippon and their Magical World of Geishas

I was more talking about their construction. Are they made of synthetic or organic materials?

>So what direction are they taking it next season?
HEY HEY
HO HO
THESE RACIST HUMANS HAVE GOT TO GO!

it's pretty self-contained
it does leave some things open-ended, but most things wouldn't be really left up in the air if it were cancelled right now

They started mechanic, but now they are android like the replicants.

I hope they actually make it a part of some grand plan made by hopkins character the name of whom I alreaady forgot, because I refuse to believe that the AI that has been shown multiple times to be easily reprogrammable can actually become self-conscious or whatever. Fuck this show anyway, I only watch because of how dumb it gets with each episode.

you say that but the basic premise is taken from the 70s film.

Well, everything points towards the fact that his grand plan was making the hosts in the park sentient. Looking at Dolores, it seems to have worked.
>Fuck this show anyway, I only watch because of how dumb it gets with each episode.
Ebin Sup Forums response

I'm not sure whether it is garbage or close to brilliant. I'm inclined to say the former.

>le superior comp sci majors such as myself are too well versed in the ways of AI to enjoy this drivle

Do you also watch Rick and Morty?

>projecting your insecurities about your education on others because they don't like your favorite tv show

Why does every sci-fi show always have to be as hard and close to being realistic as possible?
Just enjoy the story you spergs. It's a story about (human) consciousness and it's defining factor. The fact that the way the AI is developed in the show might not be realistic matters fuck all.

Shrink rays...

Fucking shrink rays...

ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS?!?!

The theory of shrink rays is single handedly ruining this fandom. I can't believe I share a forum with fucking dumbasses who actually believe that guests are SOMEHOW MAGICALLY SHRUNK DOWN BEFORE ENTERING THE PARK. HOW RETARDED ARE YOU?!?! Do you WANT this fandom to die? Is that it? Do you want the producers to look upon their shows followers, see the ABSOLUTELY ASININE theories they have come up with, and just shut the show down in shame? BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU KEEP SPREADING THE STUPID THEORY OF A SHRINK RAY AROUND THE FANDOM! Westworld is an INTELLIGENT, WELL WRITTEN MASTERPIECE and it's UTTER GENIOUS is lost upon fools like you. You don't even deserve to watch the show. In fact, I bet only filthy pirates are dumb enough to actually believe in magical gumdrop shrink rays that have NO BASIS in the series. Well I am not going to stand by idly while YOU FREAKS RUIN THE SERIES! I am PERSONALLY writing a letter to the heads of HBO, explaining in detail why the TRUE FANDOM of Westworld doesn't believe in shrink rays and why you LOSERS deserve to be ridiculed in the script itself. Maybe they will even have the Man in Black tell a joke like "You think I'm stupid enough to believe in shrink rays?" Maybe that would SHUT YOUR MOUTHS ONCE AND FOR ALL. But knowing you people, you are too FUCKING stupid and retarded and dumb to PICK UP A FUCKING HINT and respond with your typical asinine "But what did he mean by this?" bullshit. FUCK YOU. Your are THE WORST CANCER OF ANY FANDOM EVER! I honestly cannot fathom WHY you people believe in shrink rays. Maybe growing up, when your crackhead mother needed more money for crack, she would suck old men's cocks for cash, and when they beat her afterwards all you could think of to calm yourself and drown out the sound of your mother's beatings was SHRINK FUCKING RAYS. I would pity you if you weren't so PAINFULLY FUCKING IGNORANT. Just fucking die.

There should not be a second season. As it is now, it is Kino. If they continue any more its 100% going to turn into garbage. The ending was proper and anyone who disagrees is confirmed as having the most plebeian of taste.

Its nihilism and edge: the show.
more edginess.

Tumblr copypasta?

The end was pretty good, but I still want to know what's going to happen next.

if its not shrink rays then why bother going thru the shrink elevator system

why not just walk up on set
protip: the set is like a antfarm

It was all a script programmed by Hopkins. Robots shut down and the park goes on after a PR fiasco. Fin

>points towards the fact that his grand plan was making the hosts in the park sentient.
I know that, I just hope this is the surface level shit we supposed to see and the actual stuff is hidden behind the scenes. I cannot reproduce the exact reasoning behind my issues with the show now since I forgot plenty of shit, but most of them boil down to incosistencies with AI reacting to different stimuli; no explanation on how the park works, at all; characters making dumb decisions, especially the mechanics guys who are lowest tier of workers, but somehow can reprogram the AI, overriding the limits (why the fuck are there soft limits on them anyway) etc. The last vivid thing I remember is the shootout scene from the last episode, where security have the aim of a fucking stormtrooper and for some reason don't instantly kill every android on sight regardless whether it's conscious or not. For some reason the map room, i.e strategic center of the whole operation, can also be locked from the outside.

>want
'kino' or whatever the fuck the stupid buzz words people who go on Sup Forums rely on are, if it does exist, should not be alluded to ever: it should be known by those already in the know and unknown by those trying to get on board the various ships of hype and self betterment. The give away is those who use such words as plebeian

>fandom
>fandom
>fandom

Different locations apparently

>whatever the fuck the stupid buzz words people who go on Sup Forums

Stopped reading. Go back

Television pro here, none of the robots are actually self-aware, it's all one big storyline by Anthony Hopkins to fulfill his real goal, making James Marsden conscious through his suffering. Last episode he will kill Delores permanently and awake. Cap it.

>why the fuck are there soft limits on them anyway
Because of Ford's masterplan to make them sentient. It explains most 'inconsistensies'. And the guards probably don't grasp the severity of the situation. They don't want to waste money by destroying hosts unnecessarily.

He had his own machine under the house with the Scottish robot family. Dolores shot a copy.