Where do you think they're headed with this turning into pure willpower business? Is Hal going to spawn a new Ion...

Where do you think they're headed with this turning into pure willpower business? Is Hal going to spawn a new Ion? Be a new Ion? Get Guardian'd?

I think he needs to be either of the two. Since Jessica and Baz are the earth lanterns Hal needs a reason to stay in space and since John is corps leader he needs a position higher than him cause Hal taking orders from Stewart is pretty weird. Plus Baz has a emerald sight power up and Jessica has a foreshadowing power up with the pure will crap

Finding/meeting Alan

What I do want to happen tho is Hal being guardian level and then some by fighting parahal and absorbing his powers which would include central core battery and 32000 Lantern rings so he can fight Darkseid/grail or Manhattan

i think it's going to be revealed that hal from convergence is the real hal and the new 52 is the new willpower entity or ion came back and something was done to it involving ganthlet

when he saw a misty figure in the green space I briefly hoped it was going to be Alan Scott

an Alan teaser in GL to go with the Jay teaser from Flash would make me happy

Eh the gl rings are "science" while Alan's is magic. GL rings can revive people and its still science???

Yeah but Hal's powers now are extremely similar to what Alan's used to be, it would be easy to tie it to the Starheart

What is starheart anyway? I know it's like some kind of magic fire that's weakness is wood (lol) but then is it still dependent on your will? If not then Hal shouldn't have it since his whole thing is bottomless will.

Back in the early days of the universe the guardians went on a crusade to remove all random magic from the universe as they judged it too dangerous. So they gathered it all up, and chucked it into a star somewhere.

Probably something to remind us that the is THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN THAT EVER LIVED (fuck all the others)

>Kyle is special snowflake white lantern
>John "Marines" Stewart is most competent corps leader ever
>Baz has emerald sight whatever that is
>Jessica probably has some super unique nonsense too

yeah those other guys have nothing

Jess has a suspiciously person-luke ring

Ah so why the weakness to wood then? Seems random. I also only know that Alan was the strongest because he can basically tap to his "central core battery" without sharing much like larfeeze.
You forgot Guy is the warrior. I think they said that Jessica has pure/clean will because she keeps overcoming her fears. Stewart as corps leader is terrible desu. Starro attacks and what does he do? Send all his lanterns but then atleast it's giving him more than RAMAH I'M A MARINE, RAAAAAH I KILLED A PLANET, RAAAAAH KATMUI IS DEAAAAAAAAD. for me it's Hal > guy > jessica>>>Stewart>>>>Baz >>>>>>>>>>>>>Kyle

In Superman/Batman Generations John Byrne rationalized it by saying the weakness to Wood is because Alan was impaled by a wooden branch or some shit before he got the ring and that developed a form of mental weakness which the ring inherited

>You forgot Guy is the warrior.
In New 52?

The original weakness to wood thing was that there was a green lantern who was abusing his powers and ruling over a village tyrannically, and the villagers gathered in a mob to stop him. However, due to his power they couldn't, so the guardians (or whoever was in charge, not sure the guardians were the same thing they are now) made the green lantern weak to wood so the villagers wooden clubs could beat him.

There's been a bunch of different attempts to explain the weakness. The most well known one seems to be that there was once in the ancient past an alien GL Corps member who tried to subjugate the Earth and the Guardians installed the wood weakness in his ring so the locals could use their spears and arrows to defend themselves...and as that guy fled and was dying, he crashed into the Starheart out in space and his ring merged with the meteor.

Yeah, Guy is a Warrior in post flashpoint. He didnt succumb to the Fear Engine and the Sacrament.

So if Alans weakness is wood why was he considered the "best" Lantern, I mean besides the Starheart being magic and him soloing the power, his weakness is wood its insanely common and normal GLs arent weakened by Yellow anymore.

Probably Guardian'd.

And Kyle is the White Lantern. But what about Gardner?

Guy is still the "warrior" type in the group but then they could add Vularian powers to him so he can get a slight power up.

He can go back to being a yellow lantern again, or a red lantern.

He can turn into a cute girl.

Red Lantern Guy had more rage than Atrocitus. Maybe make Guy an honor guard? I think they retcon it out. Solicits are foreshadowing another Disco Wars arc, I kinda wanna see Dr Manhattan/ Darkseid as a yellow Lantern

In Geoff's JSA Alan's weakness was wood because he subconsciously thought he should have a weakness, he was made entirely of will and didn't have one otherwise

The same shit he did in TDKSA.
Become a pure energy alien thing banging alien chicks.

Nowhere.

I don't have enough fingers on my hand to count the times Hal or some other headlining GL attained supreme power and became Guardian tier embodiment of will or whatever.

He'll use it to reestablish the corps in some way like they all do. Eventually he will sacrifice then power for a greater good.

This.
This franchise has been spinning around the same ideas for a while.

That'd be pretty sweet, DKSA Hal was rad

Pretty much

Hell Hal was a God for about 3 seconds during the Darkseid War thing recently.
Like he literally had all the power as the God of Light and he gave it up in the same issue he got it.