What is the deal with this burning man festival? Is it just an excuse for degeneracy?

What is the deal with this burning man festival? Is it just an excuse for degeneracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I7vrqMQgfus?t=1m6s
reddit.com/r/sex/comments/1ynn1j/has_anyone_here_been_inside_the_orgy_tent_at/
time.com/4004824/burning-man-bugs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Bohemian Grove 2.0

No, degeneracy is an excuse for making poor decisions. The festival is boring and any sane human would have a better time reading a good book atop a mountain trail

Its for radical self reliance
Sparkle ponies btfo

I went once. It was pretty much just a lot of walking around while tripping on acid/shrooms/whatever the fuck you can find. It's not as cool as the internet makes it look.

wow you're a faggot

i want to go, but sober
will i be bored out of my mind? can i bring a motorcycle and dress up all crazy?

have gone 3 times, sure its riddled with degeneracy of the highest caliber, but is by far the most fun i have had. will continue to go every year i possibly can.

ideally it's a radically anti-establishment communitarian festival.

There is no money. There is no bartering. You're supposed to bring everything you need and gifts for other people. This way the economy there is a gift economy and everything is free, from food, to drugs, music, art installations, everything of life itself.

It's about creating community. Think of it as the beginnings of traditionalism from a countercultural and left wing community.

It was a good run, but already there are fractures in the burning man. Apparently there have been roving gangs of thieves for years there. And just recently a large group or lower class burners ransacked and destroyed a "sound camp" from a group called White Ocean.

Basically they had their own private camp set up, "plug n play" style. Meaning that rich silicon valley execs helicopter in, stay in luxury trailers, eat gourmet chef prepared food, all amenities etc. However they did have a public DJ making music for anyone at the festival who came by.

The lower class burners did not like this example of what they considered classism and elitism, so they raided, cut electircal wires, dumped their water, spoiled/stole their food etc.

Causing lots of controversy in the burner community. Lots of people are pure anarchists and think that if some rich people want to do rich people things that's fine. ANYTHING GOES. Others think the attitude over the last few years with obscenely wealthy doing wealthy things is bad for the festival and diminishes from it. It used to be if you were rich no one knew, or it didn't matter. That was probably just when the occasional millionaires would be there. Now you literally have multiple billionaires at each burning man creating an atmosphere of extreme exclusivity.

how is burning anything that massive good for the environment ??? massive carbon footprint !

>#burningmannoco2

What's happening at Burning Man now is a good example of why anarchism just isn't a viable practice without a homogenous population with shared values. The anarchy worked fine among original burners who understood the concept. Unfortunately their philosophy denotes that it is open to everyone, thus you get people there who don't share the values.

And now it's getting so big and so diverse that it's falling apart. Losing the things that made it once great.

If you want to be a big shot, get Trump MAGA hats but have them say "Make Burning Man Great Again" and take them to next year's Burning Man but don't give one to Zuckerberg.

Pagan worship made trendy.

Truly a large gathering of degenerate fags who think they're part of some """family"""

I have a friend who's mother took her to BM as a kid and now she religiously goes every year. Sadly, she has gone the path of trendy degeneracy as well and acts like it is some gathering of higher consciousness individuals that are above everything and everyone.

To be honest, colonial, I really would like to go there one day since I'm a kissless virgin who isn't bad looking & every single thing I've heard about the place tells me it's almost impossible not to get laid out there several times with several women (my RP accent might even seal the deal).

The only thing stopping me is I don't have the money.

What're your sources on that? I need in on this.

Well they do have a place called "ORGY DOME" so...

You dint go then. That shit is crazy cool.

Yes. It's a pagan festival where all the faggots take LSD and lave massive, stoned orgies.

only for non monogamous couples

OP here good responses so far honestly I had never heard of it before pic related on my steinbook uploaded some pics. Got more of her group if anyone is interested.

>Pagan worship made trendy.

this

white roots are in paganism. with the withdrawal of christianity some of those ancient tendencies will come forth

think back to the dark ages - when rome had barely touched these tribes - out there in the dark with their pagan gods and traditions

its twisted to some degree, it attempts some marxist revolution, but in reality it is primal - most guys are going to get laid, the women to be taken and engage in degeneracy that they crave, do drugs, dance, partake in music without responsibility or care and let themselves go in a natural state

Lol you're so wrong.

Burning man is fun and if you havn't been I recommend everyone go once in their life.

It's hippie heaven though so if you can't get along with liberals you're gonna have a bad time.

sure why not?

Hippies

burning man is set on military base

This is True. I honestly feel like burning man has jumped the shark a bit. It's gotten too big and too popular to hold the magic.

An old Burner told me during my first burn they used to be able to bring guns out there and shoot shit in deep playa. Tickets get more expensive each year, and now you literally have to buy car camping passes too. Shits wack.

It's exactly like when old Sup Forums got invaded with newfags. Sup Forums was a special hidden place with a unified culture, but eventually word gets out and the culture becomes diluted. These things all have life cycles and I really wish the burners would put their energy into things that last instead of spending all that time and energy on something that gets burned after one week.

A few websites I found through Google searches that seemed pretty legit, a YT video & (much to much shame) a Reddit sex thread on how easy it is to get laid at Burning Man. I don't have anything immediate to hand but a Google searches should reveal some of what I came across. It's a bit too far back in my history to go trawling at this point.

True, but (1) it apparently isn't the only tent of that sort, just the most renowned one & (2) the type of free-wheeling (probably quasi-degenerate) women the festival attracts are up for most things with little persuasion.

That's at least what I've read.

>What is the deal with this burning man festival?

Take that scene from the movie Contact where shes returning to the antennae installation in the desert. The entire place is surrounded by a bunch of kooks and weirdos. They're all there because they think its a place where their bullshit is accepted and they're among friends. Its now trendy bullshit.

When it started it was just artists putting on a show in the desert. The only place they could do it without people complaining. It then became like other burning festivals around the world, like Walpurgisnacht. Now its pretty much been commercialized. Fucking celebrities show up in private jets with concierge service to make sure the actual difficulties of the desert don't hamper them.

the original burners of burning man understood it to be a temporary thing. the whole point of a burn is to celebrate transience. the fact it's devolving now is a sign of its end. whether or not it continues to be held, the original idea is dying and it won't be worth going to anymore.

everything is temporary and when things pass, just let them go.

Go ahead, lad.

youtu.be/I7vrqMQgfus?t=1m6s

Yes, I've become aware of how the Hippie festival cultures are sort of bringing back Paganism from the depths of white peoples psyche.

One thing Sup Forums should like about burning man.... IT'S WHITE AS FUCK.

The entire thing takes place inside a gigantic pentagram shaped fence, with a masculine and feminine central point, as well as areas of condensed camps and emptiness. The whole thing is like a big magical altar in a way. Some /x/ tier shit going on there.

im sure there are others, the only one i know is the orgy bus, and ya you could literally just ask some random girl if they wanted to orgy dome with you, chances are pretty high (if youre attractive).

Why are these in ps1 resolution? Did you take these with a Nokia ngage?

>implying Sup Forums was ever good

I went twice.

I volunteered as a Greeter and kicked so much ass at it that they comped my second year ticket.

The second year they offered to promote me. I would've had to carry a walkie-talkie full time.

I was like "you know this is my vacation right?"

I got my dick sucked the first year and I got in a fight with a stranger and kicked his ass and ran away.

I got really really high and drunk.

It was fun and I'm never going back.

I didn't take them

I went to the orgy tent in 2000 but it was on accident. I didn't know it was an orgy tent.

It sounded like stirring macaroni in there.

>It's hippie heaven though so if you can't get along with liberals you're gonna have a bad time.
How can I think these festivals are anything other than degeneracy circle jerks if that's the case?

>Yes, I've become aware of how the Hippie festival cultures are sort of bringing back Paganism from the depths of white peoples psyche.
I completely agree with this. All these potion-junkies dancing naked around a bonfire look like borderline witches.

People using money instead of imagination to kill boredom.

I came across a few tales of a stall-type place in Black Rock City (which now apparently no longer exists) which basically was a completely open orgy room where you just look around the room until you catch the eye of a girl & then you ask her if she's up for it.

I found one of the Reddit threads if I'm allowed to post a link here without being instantly banned if anyone wants to read it. It's a lesbian story.

>I went to the orgy tent in 2000 but it was on accident. I didn't know it was an orgy tent.

Did the bouncer tell you you weren't allowed to leave the tent until you'd fucked someone?

This goy literally gets human civilization.

Wow, it's turned into another normie college party with maymay costumes. Gone the way of raves.

so a guy sucked your dick and finished, and then when he expected you to return the favour you kicked his ass? You're an ultra-faggot.

1000 dollars for a ticket holy shit.

Yeah, it's funny a friend and I were talking about that recently. Apparently at the early burning mans people would literally drive around in cars and shoot at shit, targets, other cars, whatever.

Hard to imagine something like that now. Can you imagine a time in America when druggies and liberals were actually pro-gun? It seems hard to fathom now.

Hunter S. Thompson would not be proud.

He blew his brains out btw

Did you always have as many school shootings as you guys have now in the post-Columbine era? That might explain the feelings...

What are you talking about? Raves have always been drug fueled normie parties with dumb costumes

I think the leaf has this one pegged, no pun intended.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Yeah, it depends on whether you consider it to be good or bad. But drug culture is generally a very white culture. Go to hippie jam band shows...you will see the same thing. 99% white crowds. And while in many ways apolitical, a lot of these hippies are also really liberal. It's just like normal society where liberals whine and bitch about everything and conservative people are largely quiet about politics.

But it's not diverse at all. There's the occasional asian guy, mexican guy, rarely a black guy but it happens. I was just at a 30,000 person psychedelic rock concert over labor day near a major urban city and saw like maybe 1 or 2 black people that didn't work there.

The dirtiest, grimiest uneducated hippies that have dreads and do ketamine all night are sadly the ones that will be reproducing. The normal or more intelligent ones, just like in real life, are succumbing to lower fertility/lack of desire to have children. Though I will say most girls in that scene entertain the idea, whereas most normie girls I meet eschew the idea of children until far down the road if at all.

It was my first year and my friend fed me acid and took me on a walkabout. This was Wednesday.

We stumbled up to a huge tent. There was a sick DJ in there juggling a house track. I'd never seen a house turntablist before.

I started to go in. My friend says "if you go in there you're getting laid". I figured he was fucking with me but he repeated himself.

I went in anyway.

I start dancing and looking around, just chillin. This fairly cute girl looks at me so I give her the "what's up" head nod. She gives me these cheesy bedroom eyes. I figured she's goofing around. I approach her. She runs up to me. I still think she's goofing around. So I pretend to dirty dance on her, just goofing around.

She jumps up and wraps her legs around me and I damn near fell over so I grab her ass for balance so she shoves a tongue in my mouth.

Dudes I swear it was 10-15 seconds from me walking in the tent to me holding a girl with her legs wrapped around my waist dry humping me and her tongue in my mouth.

At this point the song breaks down. It's just long whole note synth sound. I look around and half the tent is dancing but the other half is all couches and pillows. And naked bodies everywhere. Couples fucking. A girl riding a guy on a couch while a guy next to him kisses him. A guy ass fucking a girl while she was trying to blow another guy but he's just jerking off by her face.

Like I say, it sounded like stirring macaroni.

I look back at the girl around my own waist, hoisted her down and said "welp, see ya later!"

Then I gtfo.

I joke to my friends, I've never been in an orgy even though technically I've been in an orgy.

>Burning man is fun and if you havn't been I recommend everyone go once in their life.
>everyone

Considering the limited entry now that is impossible.

I posted that without even seeing your HST reference at the bottom of the post lol. If libs were like that man we wouldnt have any issues.

>Apparently at the early burning mans people would literally drive around in cars and shoot at shit, targets, other cars, whatever.
I'm surprised they haven't just started a new festival disguised as some kind of hardcore Mad Max convention in the desert. You'd get ridiculous custom cars, drugs, sex and guns which hits pretty much all the checkboxes.

to be fair he said he got his dick suck and he got in a fight with a stranger. He did not say it was the stranger that sucked the dick.

are you really this fucking dense?

that's basically what burning man is/was

I just want to believe he's not a faggot. I hate thinking about them.

Can you remember what tent this was? As mentioned above, for the orgy dome itself you have to have a partner with you to enter. If you know the name of it, I'll look up & see if I can get any more stories.

Public sex in a place like that just seems so surreal. I guess that must be why it attracts me.

This is the Reddit BM lesbian thread by the way:

reddit.com/r/sex/comments/1ynn1j/has_anyone_here_been_inside_the_orgy_tent_at/

A stranger sucked my dick and I got in a fight with a different stranger.

There was a theme camp called Good4Head. The idea was you go there and get your dick sucked. It was invite only. I got invited by this girl.

I showed up, we drank a beer and smoked a joint then she shoved me back and sucked my dick. She was fast. She swallowed it, slapped my ass, said "you good?" - I said yep, so she said ok pal see ya later. That was that.

I got in a fight with some dude in some theme camp where you could fight. Not Thunderdome, a smaller version. We had those big sticks with puffy foam tips, the over size QTips that the Army uses.

I sucker punched him, he fell down, I slapped his shit with the stick a dozen times, he got pissed off, I ran. Lol.

they do its called weekend wasteland, altho you cant shoot guns

I mean technically I went in with a friend. No bouncer tried to stop me.

This was 2000. I don't know if they're stricter now.

Dude it was weird man.

I was only 14 in 2000 so I doubt that even if I was teleported to the colonies, they would have allowed me in.

Was everything dark in there, or were there strobe lights so that you could see what you were doing?

My point is if the original is being twisted into something it wasn't suppose to be they could start over with a different name and false pretense to try and fly under the radar.

Guns are important to this though.

No, but the homicide rate was higher back then

I mean it was night time but it was pretty well lit up in there.

I saw ... everything. And not everyone was beautiful.

Plus it was real hot that night so everyone was real sweaty.

Man this reminds me of when I first started going to raves back in the day, the tickets were cheap, the drugs too, now all the shit is mainstream and lost its original flare. Everything has a corporate sponsor, all the DJs require multi-million dollar checks to play, and everything costs a fortune to go to.

I wanna try but I don't do well with large crowds also it seems that you just do drugs and screw chicks. I don't like drugs and I am a virgin so maybe this is not for me.

To be honest, I won't do drugs if offered because I don't know what the dealer cut them with.

It's mainly the casual sex thing, I'm after.

So pretty much normies took over and now the entire event is a sell out. top kek

old fag, former raver here.

I'm 32. I went to my first rave at 16. I live in Toronto. Man, back then shit was magical. Basically you had to know people in the scene to even be able to go. I knew a DJ named Lady Bass. The raves were outdoors, like in the middle of a huge park, or they were inside a warehouse building if it was winter. They were free, but there would always be a donation jug. I'd usually throw in 5 bucks, and often I'd come early to help the DJ's set up their equipment. I got in their good books so they always let me know what was happening when.

It was pretty crazy. What would happen is they would announce a rave date but not the location until the day of. They did this so it was less likely the cops would get wind of it. Usually we could party without police interruption but sometimes they'd show up and shut the party down.

My best memories were the outdoor raves in the summer, dancing in the dirt while the sun came up, meeting really cool people, watching people "spin fire" (fire poi, google it).

Anyway I stopped all that shit around 18-19 for many reasons. Was fun while it lasted, though.

Where liberal hipsters think they have some counter culture when celebs and rich people go there, then they realize it's just popular culture and they chimp out and burn it all down.

I went to burning man. Half the people there look like the have AIDs. I'd say nature is already punishing them for their degeneracy.

I went there to watch this freakshow not partake in it. The desert is beautiful. I'm not hippy scum like them.

>California has the highest levels of air pollution in the country
>Hippies go out to the desert to burn shit

Thanks you fucking filthy degenerate scumbags.

>atop a mountain trail
You've never been on a mountain, have you? I can assure you, the cold, the flies and the constant winds would not help you in your book reading endeavors.

>implying that the poor destroying rich people's luxury camps isn't proof that anarchism works
This is a good example of what anarchists actually want, and a good example of why capitalism needs state violence to sustain itself. Without a state to back up the concept of private property and the value of wealth, the entire economic system collapses in on itself.

That's not very environmentally friendly.

Now realize she sucked off 20 other guys and gave you all herpys and lice.
I don't get these multi day events. By the second day everything is trash everywhere, everyone is dirty and a little pissy from the bad sleep and drugs and bad food. Isn't one night rock concert enough?

Why do you need private property in the first place? They didn't need it in Catalonia in the 1930s or Ukraine in the 1920s. The statist Bolsheviks shut both of them down because they couldn't stand to see socialism succeed without any tyrannical government to back it up.

Deep

You are all a bunch of degenerate faggots. Please kill yourselves.

Enjoy your bug bites.
time.com/4004824/burning-man-bugs/

I love that picture!

>hanging out with degenerate hedonists is fun.
>don't you want to watch naked potheads running around with dreads and tribal body paint?

NO

Kek spoke thru you

>Its for radical self reliance
shut the fuck up, hippies are the most privileged people in the world and the burning man ones are worse. They can take time off from their stoner careers to fuck each other. In the dessert ONLY BECAUSE captioalizisim has made the society so rich there is excess food and water and selter for them to waste. They have shit from all over the world, and the only reason they are safe is they are sorrounded by the U.S. Army paid for by captial. If other people weren't working they would be invaded.
Stupid spoiled children. Makes you wish for best Korea style once and awhile. I'm not sure if I'm getting my point across because I'm tired, but if you think about it hippos are the most non self relaying people around.

Modern expression of heathen rituals that are practically written into our DNA at this point. People love watching fire. People love a good show. So they build a wickerman, get fucked up on drugs, and light that shit on fire.

You think we figured out how to make an exploding tube to fly to the moon on by evolving like everything else? Hell no it was burning shit, getting fucked up, and having sex on a regular basis.

Thing is we should have evolved beyond that shit a couple thousand years ago. Now it's just some warped savage urge written into our genetics and culture that won't go away.

it was originally planned to cater to modern parents as a last minute vacay before summer ends and school resumes, for them to entertain their hedonism according to their personal pursuits within confines that provides them in immense variety/diversity.

You want jemal and Cedious living with you? Because that's what's going to happen. You think you are going to get the distributed Wealth? No, you are the daniousios bourgeoisi, open your bathroom for Natasha's 6 black kids, because that's who's moving in you retard.

I met one of the co-owners in a bus somewhere in nyc in '95-96'. They needed more $$$. He was explaining to me the nature of his business. And was carrying a portfolio. I remember telling him that I had a relative who also had a business but in the software engineering sector who might be able to help him. I was young im sure it went in through on ear and out the other.

>constant winds
>flies

nice try faggot. he would have a harder time holding the pages down newfag.

It's basically like an EDM festival.

Except replace house with shitty hippie music.
And replace ecstasy with meth.

From what people above have informed us, they play house quite a bit (or at least, used to).

its extremely degenerate

It is a fetid hive of commies where dust-covered hippies do drugs and fuck each other for a week.

But it works becuase they are all white.