Every Simpsons Ever: Thread #11

gamenguide.com/articles/72549/20161123/the-simpsons-latest-news-updates-fxx-network-will-have-a-second-simpsons-marathon-to-start-on-thanksgiving-day.htm

>Now playing: New Kids on the Blecch

>Next: Hungry, Hungry Homer

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NYU-UKH5mYM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guys, I feel like I should join the navy. Is that weird?

why did maggie shoot mr burns?

which one would you?

Middle

Delicious brown

>In the episode "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson", Bart visits the office of MAD magazine and Alfred E. Neuman leans out of an office door and demands a progress report on an article named "New Kids on the Blecch", the title of this episode.

Is MAD magazine even good anymore?

>that's right LT. L.T. Smash

Can't help feel early 2000s nostalgia from the songs.

From what I've heard, it sucks.

Only the 20 Dumbest Year End Issues are any good anymore

>Why don't we call it "Everybody HATES Raymond"?
>Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee!

Yep, it's MAD.

They had a trigger warning when Justin Beiber guested on the show but not for NSync

>they love NSync so much they get special credits

I'm 27 and I don't think it's had a good reputation in my lifetime. I think I read an issue in middle school and I wasn't really impressed.

Joey Fatone is pretty cute

I thought this episode was post-9/11, due to all the military recruiting jokes, but it's from February. First episode after 9/11 is Treehouse of Horror XII.

I left on exactly episode 200.

Should I come back?

The ideology of MAD can literally be summed up by It's season 12 and they still nailed that.

Spy vs. Spy and some of their little comic strips in between were the best parts

Aw, c'mon, they were fun. And Timberlake is great at everything.

>They had a trigger warning when Justin Beiber guested
???

I remember all my shows getting preempted by news coverage of 9/11 and wanting to be able to see that episode.

I can't find an image but it's basically an on-screen text warning that Bieber will be appearing in the next scene and how long it will be and for you to mentally prepare yourself.

After the scene there is another on-screen text message saying "The Simpsons will be Bieber-free from this point on".

Why do I have the feeling that on Sept. 11th Marge and the kids were watching in horror and home walked in and screamed "Woohoo! Suck it New York!" when he saw?
He really hates that city.

Heh, that's actually pretty funny.

THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO BLOCKOLAND!

oops. Homer walked in.

youtu.be/NYU-UKH5mYM

So was the N-sync episode banned for a while because of 9/11.

>He really hates that city
I mean, have you been to New York? Or any big city? It sucks.

>Don't you mean Blocko shirt?

And then they had the REAL Lego episode a decade later wherein they forgot they even had Blocko as a Lego mythos stand-in

>tfw always wanted to go to blockoland
>later went to legoland and it sucked

Cause they have merchandise to advertise with Lego, fuck continuity if money is involved

>All the spoken jokes miss by a mile
>Genuinely funny visual gag.
I don't know how this makes me feel.

was for Yeah, they really just don't give a shit.

Man even zombie-simpsons wouldn't low them self to appreciate an asshole like him.

And they did a whole episode on kissing up to Lady Gaga.

Yeah, a bunch of times. It's nice but I would HATE being there all the time.
I was lucky enough to go to the WTC in August, 2001. Watching the NYC episode the other day was hilarious and reminded me of much better times.

They went back to New York in season 24, and Bart literally has a line like "Homer, New York is so great now, especially since your two least-favorite buildings are gone!"

Wasn't the joke that the buildings are something else?

One was the IRS, as I recall.

I know there's also a joke later on where Homer gets pissed at TV guide from like 25 years ago and decides to write their office. He starts writing a letter with something like "Dear One World Trade Center..." and then it cuts to another scene.
9/11 jokes in general are pretty low amnd only good for shock value but the Simpsons never went too far across the line like Family Guy did on a few times.

I would join the navy

>Who are you?!
>I'm the spirit of Cesar Chavez
>Why do you look like Cesar Romero?
>Because you don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like.

That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

TELL DA TROOF

This season has some good episodes but some just awful ones. I mean they must have known some of these episodes were working much better than others, right?

The rest of the family should've still been bloated at the end from eating Homer's share of dinner every day. Admitted fetishes aside, it would've made an okay brick joke and added a bit to Bart's "Way to go, Slim!"

>Simpsons Safari in 30 minutes

>but Trilogy of Error in an hour

Scully era isn't really that bad, there certainly to many celebrity appearances though, not episode is completely bad (most episodes at least are half good with another half being just dumb), it seems that it's more taking momentum from season 8 and 9 while having some mandated celebrity appearances
it certainly feels like they were trying

Is this a prelude to Hit & Run?

>I WON. Don't take that away from me!

that was pretty meta

Even in season 12, every female that isn't Marge is voiced by Tress Macwhatever

> TFW I wake up and theres en episode i haven't seen

It is pretty big

>thicc baby

was this episode completely made into reaction of people complaining about the Simpsons getting stale and even the rise of Family Guy?

Honestly with this marathon, there are a ton of episodes where at a glance, I immediately think "I haven't seen this"

But for some reason, there's always at least ONE distinct character/scene/gag that I remember clearly from my youth, that then makes me go "oh it's this episode". Even if I don't remember the whole plot or anything else, as soon as I see that one thing, I remember the rest of what the episode is about.

With the episode on now, it's the bully girl just because of how tall and fucking ginger she is.

I never understood why this gif is flipped

The Simpsons is a metaphor for life. Childhood is a tremendous amount of fun, but as it gets into its teens it slowly becomes obnoxious and overly fixated on every briefly successful band or artist it sees. It finally grows out of that as the teen years end, learns to enjoy itself again, and settles into a comfortable rut with the occasional brief flash of childhood's sense of fun.

Works better to simulate thread/forum entry/exit

>Lisa and Nelson

I ship it. They're always cute together. I don't know why she's always depicted as ending up with Milhouse, there's totally something there.

Will Lisa ever fix Nelson?

>KEEP OOT

Watch the Barthood episode, it was pretty good for a recent episode imo and Nelson and Lisa end up together

Does Lisa deserve to be bullied?

Sometimes, but I don't think now is one of those times

Yes

>"Men"
>BOOOOOOOO

Feminists and SJW in a nutshell.

Agreed. As he gets older he will probably calm down.

Hope you lads are enjoying this episode because the next one is a real stinker.

>bullying is chemical

>The scene a season or so back when they're sneaking into the drive-in
>All the other kids have to scramble under the metal wall
>Nelson cordially pulls it aside for her
>"Lisa"
>"Nelson"
Honestly, I melt a little. So cute.

I'll enjoy every second of pain

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Simpsons Safari

Buckle the fuck up buckaroos this is a real shitter

What's wrong with this episode? I've seen it a few times and I don't mind it.
Then again I don't mind a lot honestly.

They sure love using this gag.

>Full intro, no cuts
>and the overly long circus couch gag

Not a good sign tbqh.

It's really really dull. None of the jokes are good, the plot is pointless (The Simpsons are going to Africa!) and it's got a bullshit setup. It's kind of a template for Zombie Simpsons, honestly.

>Baggers
>Getting unions

If only that was a thing...

It's also made worse by being book-ended by a good episode and a great episode. Trilogy of Error is one for the ages.

HOMER DOES THE SHOPPING FOR ONCE OKAY

AND UH

THE BAGGERS GO ON STRIKE

AND UH

NO FOOD FOR ANYONE

AND UH

SANTA'S STUPID NAME SMELLS FOOD IN THE ATTIC

AND UH

IT WAS ANIMAL CRACKERS AND IT HAS SWEEPSTAKES AND /THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO AFRICA!/

I was home alone when I first saw this, as a lil tyke

It still creeps me out

>Homer literally says "The Simpsons are going to Africa!"

>Homer gets his eye poked with the box to get his trip
>The Simpsons are going to Africa... They're bound to have food there!
those were funny

Fill in the blank:
THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO _____

Just wait til the super-late seasons when the couch gags are like, 2-3 minutes long or re-use the Game of Thrones one for a dozen episodes.

THE KITCHEN!

It's not like Legos are a unique product. Just look at Megabloks

HELL!

OUTLIVE ME

Also, for that matter, when's Ke$ha?

NEVER END

To Surveil with Love

I think there's a reason for that but the one I'm thinking of is from Robot Chicken, So I'm probably wrong.

The Harlem Shake.

I never understood the Harlem Shake and still don't.

Also know as "The Homer Shake".