Was it shit?

Was it shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

neatorama.com/2014/02/13/Why-was-Charles-M-Schulzs-Comic-Strip-Called-Peanuts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah man

It was grat

Not memorable but still quite charming

After years of being the universe's perpetual punching bag, it was incredibly satisfying to see Charlie Brown actually get a happy ending.

One of my favorite movies.

I was going through a small depression when I saw it and honestly, the ending made me cry and helped to make me happy again.

it was really really good but i actually kind of disliked the ending for how it twisted itself over backwards to give Charlie Brown that perfect happy ending. Ill suited to the character and the world which he inhabits.

i think they knew they weren't going to get a sequel /continuation so they had to give him this one win.

it was supposed to be a grand finale of sorts to peanuts

patty a cute

same here, I was feeling down and it felt good to know that if a loser like Charlie Brown can make it, so can you and I also.

Charlie never kicked the football, it was far from perfect.

some things never change

>texturing snoopy like carpet

Too many cancerous moments too be great. It looked pretty though

>you're still full of surprises! :)

Black people loved it

>shit
>not literal perfection

>it had no black people in it

Well this ruined my morning.

How can you fucking forget Franklin?

Indeed it was.
I kept expecting the universe to end, though.

how can you fucking remember Franklin?

Reminds me of that gif of that black guy eating chicken and dancing.

>peanuts movie in america
>snoopy and charlie brown movie in other countries
it's another snoopy hogs the spotlight episode

Peanuts is and always has been a shit name.

Jeannie's favourite character is a cultural icon and they should have called it the Snoopy movie in the US too.

Jesus fucking christ

If it's on the internet, it must be true

god fucking dammit

The snoopy part was shit. Chuck and Patty were great.

He had a bigger part than in all other peanuts comics or cartoons.

I grew up reading the comics and didn't know it was called Peanuts for years. All the paperbacks were called '[depressing statement about life], Charlie Brown' or something similar.

Where the hell does the name Peanuts even come from?

neatorama.com/2014/02/13/Why-was-Charles-M-Schulzs-Comic-Strip-Called-Peanuts/

Even Schulz himself hated the name. It was supposed to be called Lil' Folks, and the comic Syndicate changed it because it was too similar to titles like Lil Abner. They picked Peanuts to invoke the "peanut gallery."

Schulz tried through most of the strips run to change the name to "Good Ol' Charlie Brown." He was always refused, so he just labeled the Sunday strips as Peanuts with Good Ol' Charlie Brown.

bump

context?

It was pretty good. It respected the source material and was written by Schultz's son and grandson.

Gotta admit, when he's given up all hope and the Kite-Eating Tree, of all things, gives him a helping hand in the style of Paperman, I absolutely teared up a little bit. I'm 36 and have been watching Charlie Brown fail to fly that kite a long, lonnnnng time.

It was great. They went through decent lengths to make it a good love letter, it mostly was just an adaptation of a handful of the comics. The ending was strange going from christmas time in the winter all the way to the end of the school year without showing us even a small montage of the fallout of Charlie Brown's mistake. If I were to make one change, I would significantly shortened the final part of Snoopy's fantasy and put in bits and pieces showing Charlie Brown inbetween those 2 points. All said and done though, they needed Snoopy's fantasy segments for fun slapstick.

>in the handful of days between Charles Shultz' retirement and death he expressed regret of not giving charley brown one real kick, he had been planning to but was getting forgetful from his health issues.

Yeah, the Snoopy segments get a lot of flak, but I felt like they were needed as a way to transition between Charlie Brown's misadventures. It's more like an entertaining commercial break that helped with the pacing.

I don't think he forgot. He just never did it