This was 93 min of complete and utter kinomatic bliss

youtube.com/watch?v=xLRx6iF90nU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7aJGfTL2a5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=10R4S7MbmmY
youtube.com/watch?v=HgbXWt8kM5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=BJa0Zv5gHSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great animation, pisspoor story, mediocre performances from everyone but Rooney and Ralph

>pisspoor story

pleb harder

>pisspoor story
>mediocre performances from everyone but the 2 characters who had three lines
You're high as a fucking kite.

I wouldn't expect a retard who says kinomatic to know a good story if it shat on his face. It was as mediocre and predictable as they come

Thanks for having my back, and this jewel's

Has pic related ever been surpassed?

Yeah I loved all that monotone worthless dialogue from Theron or Mattman ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT'ing. Moon king had lots of dialogue too but you were too busy fellating your gay uncle.

>Thanks for having my back, and this jewel's
Only thing worse than a shill is a faggot shill

>predictable means it can't be good and well told
I feel sorry for how you see the world.

>predictable
>hero and villagers lie their way to victory

which one is best?

The full-length episodes sucked.
Even the creators admitted they didn't know what the fuck was going on in some of them.

WALL-E was great until he got onto the ship.
Similarly Ratatouille fell off a bit about halfway through but I'd go for it over WALL-E.

why is the score so shit?

best girl

agreed. the sewers scene was kino

The full length episodes are the best thing I've ever seen in western animation. A couple of them are pretty whacked out yeah but a couple of them are also god-tier science fiction.

These are all the same person.

only 2 and 3

all the animation was done by korean studios though.

youtube.com/watch?v=7aJGfTL2a5Y

It's not really 'western' as its creator is azn, but it combines elements of anime and western animation really well.

The original short episodes on MTV's 'Liquid TV' in the 90's were universally good, with one or two verging on mindblowingly good.

The 20-minute format series is still surprisingly fresh and innovative.

The live action films were a flaming frozen turd rammed through the heart of the IP. I guess it was MTV's final 'fuck you' to the long-tem viewers before becoming the 24/7 interracial pregnant teen mother catfishing channel.

Chung is american born and raised though, so its fair to call it western animation.

He's right though.

It was pretty average at best.

The beetle might as well have had "COMIC RELIEF" painted on his head.

The ending fight was classic "Villain can kill the hero anytime he wants but just tosses him around a few times until the hero finds a way to fight back". And the victory speech was cheesy as fuck.

Ratatouille is kino
Wall-E kinda loses the appeal after he gets on a ship

Ratatouille is one of the best animated movies to ever exist.
Wall-E is cool but that's it.

It's a pretty mediocre story though. The "he's your father" twist is telegraphed from the start basically, and we're never really given time to care about the final villain, plus his fight was pretty dumb (I think, watched it a long time ago, so at least it didn't make any impressions). It felt kinda short, so the whole "epic journey" thing is kind of underwhelming too.

kids films aren't kino

was it better than pic rel?

Yes. Though that movie is also very good.

"War" is so goddamned good. Need to get a good rip uploaded sometime.

youtube.com/watch?v=10R4S7MbmmY

I only ever watched the movie

Thank fuck I found this thread and it reminded me the animation exists

Thanks getting it from tpb

>judging things based off of their normie score
that being said, anywhere I look it has high ratings. are you thinking of the shit movie?

Found that movie on my drive.
Had completely forgot about it, but I'll share a few webms I'm making on the fly

Source is in the metadata but it's the movie Prodigies from 2011.
Story based on "La Nuit des enfants rois" which I haven't read.

Made in motion capture if I recall.

I enjoy the rape scene as much as the next guy.

Animation was alright but the writing sucked ass.

The little prince, The Iron giant, Coraline, and Cloudy with chance of meatballs are all kino

The red turtle was good

>The live action films

i thought there was only one. did i miss something?

What th hell was that?

The only issue is that the trailer is the entire film

I thoroughly enjoyed pic related but I was mildly upset that only like 2% of it was relevant to the source material. It's like going to watch the Lord of the Rings and getting a 3 hour feature about the adventures of Tom Bombadil.

Honestly, been too long since I've watched the movie, would need to watch it again to explain.

Thanks, I'll stick to anime for quality animation

Nevermind, I'm a retard.

I loved this. I like how it isn't just a copy of the source material and did its own thing

Other scenes but they're usually long and don't fit in the 120s limit.

the credits sequence where they show how they made the giant skeleton monster near the end of act 1 was better than the whole movie.

Its more of an homage than an adaptation. and it couldnt have been better. Utterly brilliant, totally blew me away

This, really. 99% of quality adult-oriented animation comes from Japan. Still nice to check out the scraps from elsewhere now and then, though.

Only watched this webm and got interested. Gonna watch it at a good time. Tonight I would like to go actually DO something social but.. seems like it'll be another friday night infront of a movie

Damn, that's some really good animation quality actually.

Popeye could literally beat the shit out of Kenshiro and it wouldn't be a fair fight

anime forever btfo

Dats racist!!!

This movie had a stupid premise saved by phenomenal execution. I did not expect it to be as good as it was.

He's right

Propaganda sure is fascinating

I believe in almost the exact opposite user, I apologize. Great premise, awful execution.

You guys should check out Song of the Sea if you haven't yet. It's been years, and I can't get over how fucking gorgeous the movie is.

youtube.com/watch?v=HgbXWt8kM5Q

I was referring to the music, sweetie

I still prefer Boxtrolls for the visuals alone.
Any screenshot you take is like you're looking at the clay doll right in front of you. I didn't get the same vibe with Kubo. I wonder if it's some kind of post production.

This looks radical

I liked The Secret of Kells even more.

They're both great, the Viking invasion scene in Kells is absolutely chilling, but I think Song of the Sea is a HUGE step up in terms of visuals. Every shot in that movie is like a work of art.

Can't wait to see how Cartoon Saloon's artstyle evolves for their next film.

Fucking sorcerers.

Cartoons belong on

You mean the score that was choreographed to character actions? Appreciate it.

Mods stopped caring after reddit and morty and breddit horseman happened.

Looks great, thanks user

I always liked Bakshi's other movies better, even Lord of the Rings.

It's one of my favorite western animation movies of all time. Equally visually amazing and heart warming.

Propaganda is always comedy gold.

Their next film, The Breadwinner is coming out in November in the US, but god knows when I'll be able to see it in my country.

SIEG HEIL BOIS, I'M FROM SOUTH GERMANY

Can't believe thread reached 80 posts before this was mentioned

I agree, mein negro

People only worship it because it has legit few fantastic scenes and a good sense of scale, but story-wise it's very rushed and some moments weigh the movie down, I call it a more competent Hunchback of Notre Dame except without the horrible slapstick and more consistent and polished animation.

MY NAME IS MOK
THANKS A LOT
youtube.com/watch?v=BJa0Zv5gHSU

Got a source?

that's literally One Piece

>first person the hero encounters in his journey is his long lost father

What are the fucking odds? Is the story happening in his backyard?
Also, the monkey being his mother also cheapens the sacrifice at the beginning.

This.

>tfw I restored this movie just for the Animation Lookback autist to do a review missing the point of Omar's character, shittalk the movie parroting word-for-word John K's opinion, quote wikipedia verbatim and reccomending ''The original Canadian version'' to the US cut despite never ONCE commenting on it and how Omar is literally an entirely different character there than in the A FUCKING LEAF version which he Oh So autistically screeched over.

Western animation attracts a unique brand of autism that even my anime rotted brain can't comprehend.

I'm with you. First Pixar film I have no desire to ever watch again. It was so weird from a tonal standpoint.

That's because western animation is actually for children whereas anime being for children is just a meme.

It's from a pearl jam music video.

same