Finally saw Wind River. Don't remember seeing to much talk on Sup Forums when it came out...

Finally saw Wind River. Don't remember seeing to much talk on Sup Forums when it came out. I enjoyed it and thought it was great how the story unfolded.

Any thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah it was pretty great, don't expect much discussion here though.

Once a decent rip comes out though Sup Forums will "discover" this film.

I wish during the pepper spray scene that she didn't end up killing anybody. I thought that would have made the violent explosion at the end more effective and unexpected.

m'ask you something was pretty good in his short scene.

Yeah - he came out of nowhere. I didn't expect that transition.
What's the similarity between this film and the others in the 'trilogy'?

Mostly that western feel. They all take place in rundown and sort of "lawless" places. I think my favorite of the three is Hell or High Water but ill have to watch this again to see.

It was good, but it really was an extended episode of Longmire or Justified. Hell or High Water felt "bigger" by comparison. It's my third favorite movie this year so far and probably Sheridan's tightest script, but I can't really dwell too much on it because of how "barren" it is.

Liz all bundled up in snow gear is cute, CUTE

Definitely prime snow kino, which is the best kind of kino

youtu.be/NIg0OXKcynQ
nobody saw it that's why. only problem I had was the very hokey ending

I only went to see it because I got my moviepass card the day before, had never heard of it before I looked through the listings for that day. I thought it was pretty not amazing for most of the movie, nothing terrible but not great, but the flashback followed by the shootout was beautifully executed, I felt like shit for the rest of the day.

can you fuck off already?

go breathe in cold air til your lungs explode

Is that how you get ideas for your "reviews"?

So why are there no missing person statistics for native American women?
The message seemed a bit hamifsted at the end, but it's interesting.

Because we don't control their land by law.

I thought there were one or two unintentionally funny momemts, primarily when Liz got pepper sprayed and when she saw the mom cutting herself
I thought the ending was great, though, especially that last scene with Jeremy and the dad.

>when she saw the mom cutting herself
that was quite random and tasteless.

I win

I can't wait for your next amazing review
>Uhhhh.... this was less of a... um.... sinister.... um.... piece....*smacks lips*

Really good follow up to Hell or High Water. I think it's kinda impressive how he manages to make his movies about socially conscious themes without distracting or detracting from any other part of the film. The message on the screen at the end was a bit hokey, might have been more effective over a black screen in my opinion. Hell or High Water was also about social themes, focusing on how the banks were screwing Texans out of their land.

the dumb parts were the fact the rapist just happened to be the one that survived, he died in the way they obviously set up for him to die and renner's "it was not luck but the heart of a survivor" monologue to Olsen was bullshit. she fell for an obvious trap even when her team scoped them out for flanking aND she stands in front of the door for an hour while the obviously suspicious ringleader gives her position away 10 times to the guy inside. she was a lucky af rookie who got carried hard just like sicario

If that's the case, why are there statistics for native American men? Or are there not, and the film just thought to mention the women?

It's good that you can identify dumb script contrivances in a movie considering you are pretty dumb yourself.

so you'll watch my next video too thanks

I love movies set in the cold, but this is just an OK-movie, nothing exceptional.

Only if you keep up your schtick of being an awful monosyllabic monotone critic. Genuinely humorous stuff. The moment you find a thesaurus and get a better microphone I'm dropping you hard.

why fix what isn't broken?

how fathers handle their shit

>guy gets blown to the wall by a shot to the chest
it took forever to go somewhere and the sadness felt forced at times. 6/10 for me

So? There are Native Americans who don't live on reservations.