It's fucking September and this is still the best movie I've seen all year so far. The absolute state of movies

It's fucking September and this is still the best movie I've seen all year so far. The absolute state of movies.

This.

Films women will never understand

i mean the holidays are coming up, but that doesn't look too good either. i have a strong feeling blade runner is just a nostalgia money grab.

I'm going to see mother! tomorrow but I doubt it's going to top Z.

Pretty much

>I'm going to see mother! tomorrow
My man have you SEEN the reviews for that

I love divisive movies. The Counselor was one of my favorites in the last few years.

More like the lost city of KINO
amirite?

Jesus Christ you're not joking. I just looked through major realease films and the only ones that come close are Colossal and War Machine, I'm sure im forgetting some indie shit I've seen but goddamn. Everything is shit.

Best film of the year yet it's not even in Gray's top 5.

>it's not even in Gray's top 5.
It's like his second best movie.

didn't even know about this film, just found out its from the same guy who did The Immigrant.
thanks.

I hope you like it I really do!
>those WW1 scenes
I was enraptured.

I've only seen We Own The Night as another of his and that was great, I wasn't aware he had more than 5 under his belt. Goddamn that brief car chase action scene in We Own The Night is more thrilling than anything in a film with ten times the budget it was so good, reminded me of To Live and Die in LA. Truly Jaokino

Dunkirk is the best movie of 2017

It's from 2016 you faggot

You should definitely check out Little Odessa and The Immigrant. Z sits between those two in my opinion as his top 3.

unless you watched it at the New York Film Festival in October then no, it's not.

The scenes of actual friendship and friendship building in this movie make me laugh at people who were invested in The Losers Club. Fucking kek. Just proof an average actor can be a greag lead with the right director.

Will do. I started watching The Immigrant but it was late and I stopped it, then my comp crashed and I lost and forgot about it. The art direcrion was pretty stellar from memory.

Logan > All other shit

>Ad Astra is an upcoming American epic science fiction thriller film directed by James Gray and written by Ethan Gross. The film will star Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Ruth Negga, Donald Sutherland and Jamie Kennedy.
Will it be good? Comes out in 2019.

Look at thos man. Look at him and laugh. >My edgy childhood comic character brought to life with true blood and gore yasssss
You're embaressing user. It was a 3.5/5 at best. The utter state of cinemagoers.