Toonami Thread

Vote for Lupin Part 4 to air on Toonami in 2017.

twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/803755266743422980

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/793303621815328768
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty neat that he's leaving one of the upcoming shows to a vote.

Time Bokan 24 on Toonami when

Get ready for Meme Psycho 100 it seems.

The dub of it has been done for a few months and it will be released on Blu Ray sometime next year. I believe there's even a trailer. i'll go find it. most of the dub cast from the red jacket series that aired on adult swim 12 years ago are reprising their roles.

meme is pretty cute though desu

here's the trailer

twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/793303621815328768

it would be really nice to have it on toonami. the more exposure Lupin gets, the more content we'll probably be able to get in the future. need more western releases of Lupin

YES

ROBERTA BEST WAIFU

NO ONE WILL USE HER AGAIN

I got nothing against mob but dammit I want lupin.

Fuck I mean Rebecca

I mixed her up with the director

I don't mind Lupin, all of these shows fit into the ruts NuToonami has established, but I think it was foolhardy trying to pit it against a recent show with a visible fan following.

Code Geass S3 on Toonami when?

>they really tried to get space battleship yamato 2199

Oh the lost meme.potential.

if enough people on Sup Forums voted for Lupin, we could at least have him come in second. dont know why people want tokyo ghoul when that shit is already out. you could literally buy it or watch it online now. makes no sense

Man, Adult Swim hated Code Geass. I think they put new episodes of season 2 on the fucking 4 or 5 AM slot.

>no one is mentioning the real news

Gundam Unicorn Re:0096 will be replacing Iron Blooded Orphans in January.

code geass is fucking boring. what do you expect.

more gundam trash isnt news. it's over-saturated garbage. sick of mech shit.

> Eureka 7
> Symbionic Titan
> IGPX
> Gurren Lagann
> IBO

Toonami's really not the anime block for you then.

>wasting a time slot on Unicorn

Why.

Eh I can't complain.
Lupin has had a good run on Adult Swim in the past, and Mob100 is a good show.

>Behind Mob Psycho and Tokyo Ghoul

More like Runnin' in Third, am I right?

At least it's not the ratings thread.

>Eureka 7
dont care
>Symbionic Titan
for children
>IGPX
boring
>Gurren Lagann
overrated
>IBO
never heard of it

pls don't hate on my /m/anime you plebs

but seriously I don't mind more Gundam, but you can't really fully appreciate Unicorn unless you've watch the older series.

>but you can't really fully appreciate Unicorn unless you've watch the older series
which are also bad.

So we're not getting a dub of Kai's version of the Buu Saga?

i dont see the point. the old dub from the orange brick sets are perfectly fine. the only reason to even want to watch buu kai is to finally get away from colleen clinkenwhore's untalented ass. made gohan sound like a faggot. dont know who keeps casting her to play boy characters

why are you so bitter user?

It's still a legit show announcement and not just Demarco fishing for wishlist items.

On a related note, Space Battleship Yamato 2166 never.

Oh the lost delicious booty.

>Space Battleship Yamato 2166
never seen, heard, or know anything about this. why is it so meme?

Unicorn the OVAs are good. The tv series however, is terrible due to the awkward cuts to make it fit into a standard tv series format.

we will most likely end up seeing Lupin on Toonami even if he doesnt win. The fact he's one of the top choices makes it clear that we still have a shot.

It's a remake of a classic 70s show

im somewhat aware of that but that doesnt explain why its meme

Bigger

Sorry, mistyped, it's 2199. Basically, there's a classic 70's anime known as Space Battleship Yamato, which was one of the first serious sci-fi anime. The US got it in the early 80's as "Star Blazers".

2199 is the modern remake of it, and I guess has a lot more fan service. As for why Toonami couldn't get it, apparently the people who own the old Star Blazers got the license for 2199 and decided to not bother with a dub, opting instead for expensive as fuck sub-only releases.

>sub-only releases
what a waste of money. paying all that money and doesnt even have a dub

Mob is actually really good. Stay mad.

Dude, Mob Psycho is fantastic.

Stop whining and be happy that it's not Tokyo Ghoul.

the point is its not as good as Lupin which is the problem. also to be fair, it is pretty fucking stupid even if is enjoyable.

>it is pretty fucking stupid
Lupin isn't exactly high art either, user.

clearly you've never saw Lupin if you have the balls to not call it high art.

This is the one that aired in Italy first right?
I never got around to watching it, how was it?

it's beautiful. really high quality art. the stories are red jacket esque except they are more like the better episodes of red jacket. still has the sillyness, but it does have a good variety of sad, and great adventure moments. i'd argue it's the best anime to come out of 2015.

Why should anyone bother with Toonami at this point? All of the slots are almost locked down, and there's another Gundam on the way.

Whoever doesn't vote for Lupin is a fucking waste of life.

Did tumblr up their gif restrictions or something?
I thought gifs greater than 1mb wouldn't play?

i agree senpai. the other 2 choices are literally anime for young teens who lack taste

for all the casuals who know noting about Lupin

It's pronounced as Lu-pan, not Loopin. I don't know why retards find it to be that complicated.

It doesn't help that Funimation's old dubs always pronounced it wrong.

>have to sign up for twitter to vote

Sorry Lupin, I tried.

they didnt even just pronounce Lupin's name wrong, they even managed to fuck up Jigen and Goemon's name wrong.

you can just use a fake email.

I went with something like jhewfqjfq@gmail and whatever password. takes only 5 seconds.

This motherfucker is the best new Lupin character.

2nd best. the main villain in Jigen's Gravestone was pretty dope

That he was.

Can't say I like this design for Fujiko

>adding more Gundam shit
>asks what shows we want despite Toonami now be locked down for 6 months minimum

>show or two
So he pretty much admits there is going to be very little schedule shifting in 2017

>only options are outright meme shows or modern antiques most people won't watch

I think 2017 is the year to drop this block, it's beyond saving

I like it. It's similar to her design in the Fujiko TV series.

>modern antiques most people won't watch
fuck you talking about. Lupin is more fresh than most new shows.

i like how Luping shows manage to look like their own thing. 95% of new anime looks exactly the same despite them being different artists, directors, writers, ect.. Lupin doesn't settle for mediocrity

>IBO tanks in ratings
>so they put on a Gundam you have to watch other series for to fully understand as its replacement

Holy fuck Demarco you can't force Gundam to be popular

He isn't though, he is simply asking which show people like more. No guarantee the highest voted one ever airs, plus with Unicorn confirmed we aren't getting anything else till July anyway

>stuck with the same shit till July

I feel kinda bad wishing for Toonami to die but I don't know how else to help it

Give it to me straight, should I just watch the recent seasons of Lupin on my own? I try to backlog stuff that might hit Toonami

See Unless a miracle happens and ratings double giving us an expansion, the only chance for it in 2017 would be 6-7 months from now. And even then the poll has it in third place, it's not happening.

I used to do the same thing but I would stop. Toonami is no longer a source for presenting anything new or fresh. Just go watch it, it's good

Probably part of the package deal they made with Bamrise.

It couldn't hurt.

gundam has always been shit and is for autists obsessed with giant robot garbage. it's literally the worst genre.

>And even then the poll has it in third place, it's not happening.
that poll doesnt mean shit though. its just something made on twitter by some nobody.

watch the 1st series, bunch of the 2nd, some of the 3rd, and a bunch of the movies. I recommend

Mystery of Mamo
Castle of Cagliostro
Legend of the Gold Babylon
Fuma Conspiracy
Walther P38
Missed by a Dollar
Jigen's Gravestone

you could also watch the spinoff Fujiko series which i think is great, but its a much different tone than any other lupin series. a lot darker. if you play on watching Jigen's Gravestone, you might as well watch this.

why cant all anime have art as great as Lupin. the franchise is almost 50 years old and it puts even new anime to shame.

because money
You might as well ask why all Gundam doesn't look like Thunderbolt/Unicorn

They're really too different to compare. I like lupin as much as the next guy but because of the success and popularity of one punch man Mob is going to get the popular vote. Its just how the internet works. I'm just saying it could be worse they could grab some random generic show that's getting decent ratings right now in Japan. Fuck that shit.

Its pulpy as all hell but you are among friends. Lupin the third isn't a bad series but it certainly isn't "high art".