Should USA close down all of its foreign military bases?

Should USA close down all of its foreign military bases?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0sp5VscM0OI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please no, the economy of some towns here depends on them.

No.

Hell no

No

On the other hand it should be better at punishing US soldiers committing crimes on foreign soil.

probably, Europe and Japan/SK are more than capable of defending themselves.

I deployed to Afghanistan. Crimes by soliders are not tolerated. Especially now that if something happens it's broadcasted at light speed to the entire world.

Yeah. Forcing the west to re-nationalize would solve most of Sup Forums's problems.

Absolutely yes.

That's the countries job not USA lmao

No other countries do it at the scale we do. It's just unecessary and promotes war hawks

Welfare Countries need to get their own military

Yes FUCK you

Not speaking of active war zones where you can guarantee media coverage 80 % of the time.
Places like Okinawa, Philipines etc. with rapes

Yes because apparently the rest of the world hates america and does not want it's support. The only thing America should do militarily wise is through the Merchant Mariner Corps for trade and Embassy guards (USMC).

Next would have America pull it's support for NATO down to the minimal support obligated by the treaty. Meaning the US will only send advisers.

Let the world function without American over site for awhile because the world does not want our help.

R-Russia? W-W-What's wrong?

You should be in favor of the US closing its foreign bases!

I agree then. I have never been to those places so I just don't know what goes on. As I was leaving the army they would constantly remind us that anything sexual could now be considered a crime because they were cracking down on it. I guess it was that bad.

Question was about "all of its foreign military bases". Of course as Russian I think that you should get back your bases(especially anti-missile shield) from our borders, European continent and our sphere of influence. But you Americans aren't cucks and should keep your military presence in some areas as Great Power.

>But you Americans aren't cucks and should keep your military presence in some areas as Great Power.
This is the same mistake the British Empire made, they overextended their power, spent too much and lost all of their colonies.

American influence should only expand to the South and North America

I agree with that. But first we should solve such problem as Korean peninsula, the Middle East and weak Japan. Fuck EU. They are cucks and I don't know what could fix this. Maybe only our traditional WW-team could solve European problems when Germany will go full "destroy Europe" mode. Although, If you leave Europe and stop support butthurt belt we would find a common language with Germans.

Ire maybe down the line. But not now

>American influence should only expand to the South and North America

fuck off, monroe doctrine worst doctrine

What so you can feed mudslimes, nah.The economy crashing might be good for you.

I dont understand why country X must have permament military base(or dozens of them) in country Y.

Power projection and control of trade routes.

Yes. We should be building up our defenses at home and modernizing our equipment. Also we should have troops stationed all across the southern border until we fix the illegal invaders problem

I don't think you people understand the trillions that are wasted/stolen with base upkeep and shoddy contracts

Yes is the only answer.

I think USA is some form of empire, gay empire.

Yup

Yes. Fuck off, we're full.

Yes, you are right. It is.

>Should USA close down

yes

>No other countries do it at the scale we do.
Because we're the world superpower. USSR used to do it.
>It's just unecessary
[Citation needed], fucker.
>and promotes war hawks
[Citation needed] again.

>Of course as Russian I think that you should get back your bases(especially anti-missile shield)
Abloo bloo bloo, pussy Russian baby cries when we erect defenses against his weapons. "Wahhh, why do they protect themselves from me, Lord Putin?"

Yeah fuck the world. They think we are ruthless gun toting savages then we should get off their land. Lets see how your welfare states do when you have to support an army as well.

USA USA USA, stupid american burger shout and don't understand that modern world peace is based on balance of powers. "Wahhh, why do they angry when we try to limit their nuclear capabilities, King Nigger?"

Yes. I just wanna see what'll happen next.

All US Naval Forces in Japan cannot drink in country. At all.

If someone gets a DUI in a unit here, no one in that unit can drive anywhere. You have to walk everywhere. Even the commander.

Literally if one person fucks up in Japan all 20,000ish of us get punished. Theres only so much more they can do.

Is that inside su34?

I'm of the general opinion that if they don't want us there we should leave. We're supposed to be a republic not an empire. That's old fashioned thinking these days though.

It is. America is an empire. Just a modern one that doesn't depend on direct territorial control.

This
Also, don't forget the shit ton of money we'd save by not being the worlds "police". we have enough protectorates in the Pacific to station naval forces any way.

Tu-22

youtube.com/watch?v=0sp5VscM0OI

We should only have military bases on US Soil, the Carribean, Panama Canal and Trade routes

No.

We should increase the number of military bases in foreign countries and then take over the world once our stationed troops in every country are enough to overpower that country's military.

Marines cannot drive cars there, true or false?

>Should USA close down all of its foreign military bases?

yes

they give you nothing but expenses. Waste of resources and manpower.

Haha what? You expect us to give up our upper hand to appease you? What idiot does that? If we have an advantage we will keep it. Kick and scream all you want you fucking retard.

Under a certain rank they cannot.

Absolutely not.

The people who are ungrateful for US military presence have forgotten the nature of reality

sickens me

Yes. Bring our troops home and post them on our southern and northern borders. No more police of the world.

>they give you nothing but expenses. Waste of resources and manpower.

They give USA geopolitical standing and operational bases throughout the world. USA conducts operations all over the globe and they use these overseas bases as a hub.

>forgotten the nature of reality

what are you talking about?

The soviet threat is no more idiot so why do you still fear the Russian?

>USA conducts operations all over the globe

as I stated: Waste of resources and manpower.

You get nothing in return of all your efforts but debt and death. Keep it up goy!

>No more police of the world.
That's not how it works.

The ability to assert influence over all reaches of the planet just because you have your military there does wonders. Have you noticed how the US has China literally contained in the pacific with military bases? They push out in the South China Sea because that's where we don't have a huge presence. USA practically controls the Pacific and maritime routes establishing a firm foundation with trade using the US dollar.

Japan Estonia and the other two stay up because it's be cruel and breaking a deal.
Fuck everything else. Fend for yourself fuckerrrs.

If would you have an advantage, you would destroy us with preemptive strike until we don't invent something to circumvent your missile shield. It's better to us to nuke you until shield doesn't work because then we couldn't oppose you and would be nuked without answer. At least we would have an first-strike advantage.

Correction, I basically meant all friendly countries.

Geopolitical standing and a large, globe encompassing military does wonders for the strength of US trade and the USD.

USA controls trade routes and enforces it with it's overpowering military strength with ridiculous force projection capabilites.

Let's be real here. Trump will probably win, and USA and Russia will become best buds. I can see those missile shields coming down.

I don't care. Fuck our dollar too. This nation wasn't built on doing what we are doing and it's against the tenets of classical liberalism. I have no problem trading with nations, but troops as a means to project power on foreign soil, no thanks.

Seoul getting wiped off the map

Well good thing no one cares what the fuck you think.

And nation wasn't built on doing what we are doing? Have you been to history class? Manifest Destiny, nigga.
>the mission to spread these institutions, thereby redeeming and remaking the world in the image of the United States;

I guess, if you want China to expand their sphere of influence and challenge us for supremacy.

We all can only hope. But I think your liberal population will elect that mad old bitch and shit will hit the fan.

>USA controls trade routes and enforces it with it's overpowering military strength with ridiculous force projection capabilites.

keep telling yourself that. The US post Soviet era military operations are nothing but neo-conservatism in from of intervention. You had this huge beast of a military in 1990 and no enemy. So instead of calling back the troops and calling it a victory you sought out new enemies.

The US could enforce their will much more effectively and cheaper than all this ridicules bases in non hostile zones. Bases in Germany is just a complete waste desu. Sure the Germans like you to stay but you get nothing in return.

At least start to claim tribute or continue to be cucked.

>Classical liberalism
>Manifest Destiny
Just shut up already. If you're going to tell me I don't know this countries' history then spout off about a 19th century ideal you have nothing left.

FBI shill with Russian proxy

>This nation wasn't built on doing what we are doing

Didn't America's greatness began post war, when the US began to impose it's currency as the one and only? Getting rid of the dollar will just mean that the living standards you have just because American can print the world's currency would go away. No more being #1 for decades, now you'll have to actually compete against foreign powers if you go into an isolationist stage

>You had this huge beast of a military in 1990 and no enemy.
Soviet Union was still around in 1990.

>Bases in Germany is just a complete waste desu. Sure the Germans like you to stay but you get nothing in return.
Those are NATO bases actually all with heavy NATO presence. USA happens to have the largest military and largest presence. Also it serves as a hub of us air transportation. It's probably paid for itself as a cargo hub for force coming into and out of Afghanistan.

I am just saying your an idiot who decides things with emotion, that's all. I called you out on not even knowing Manifest Destiny and now you are pretending to have some sort of high ground in all of this. Cute.

There it is, the bored service member posted in Japan. Don't you have some cleaning to do, private? Sergeant is coming to check up on you any minute now.

That pic is incorrect.
And you know that.
Some bases are long gone, others have been downsized.

No way too busy smashing Japanese poon while you fap to hentai on a Mongolian grass whistling board.

>Didn't America's greatness began post war, when the US began to impose it's currency as the one and only.

Only because it was backed by gold, then countries wanted their gold back in exchange for their dollars like Charles de Gaulle. Then Brenton Woods happened and we export our inflation to keep up with an unsound monetary policy. Sure it looks good for now, but our reserve currency status is dropping fast.

>go into an isolationist stage
This meme needs to die. Not having troops in over 100 countries doesn't mean we won't trade with nations.

Yes, however if a country of course pays for our troops to be in that country rent fee of course

That map is incorrect. For instance, Morocco does not have a US military base. The US have left them long time ago.

Or do we?

>Soviet Union was still around in 1990.

yes but it is the common accepted year for the downfall. That is why I chose that.

>It's probably paid for itself as a cargo hub for force coming into and out of Afghanistan.

if you believe Afghanistan was a worthwhile war. 9/11 rage quit lashing out more like it. Why could you fucks not just bomb and use minimal personal to kill / assassinate? Why the blunt idiotic invasion? Hell it cost you nearly 3000 burger lives for what?

Besides how when Afghanistan is no longer in play? Then what justifies those bases?

>Those are NATO bases actually all with heavy NATO presence.

NATO = US of A. Lets at least be honest about it?

>USA happens to have the largest military and largest presence.

how does it feel to be another populations grunts and lowly canon fodder?

Ever hear of tribute? Start claiming it faggot.

Pretty bad English for an English teacher. I know more than enough about Manifest Destiny and how it contradicts with what you think it is.

Settling North America ≠ bases on foreign soil. You're wrong here, stop trying.

No. Having a military base is having "x" number of people living on it. As well as protection, those people help bolster their local economies. You might as well be asking, "should we tear down these hotels inside this tourist hotspot?"

absolutely not. It's the equivalent of a colony for us.

>I know more than enough about Manifest Destiny and how it contradicts with what you think it is.

So let's see it. Debate me. Or are you just going to sperg out like the retard you appear to be?

>yes but it is the common accepted year for the downfall. That is why I chose that.
Soviet Union collapsed economically. They still had a large military and viable nuclear force.

>if you believe Afghanistan was a worthwhile war.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying the bases in Germany provided a closer hub which was vital to saving US money in the operation.

>NATO = US of A. Lets at least be honest about it?
Strongest military of NATO, but NATO isn't run by Americans.

>how does it feel to be another populations grunts and lowly canon fodder?
Strong military doesn't mean you have a ton of uneducated grunts. Look at Iraq. 4th largest military and fell to US military in days.

ALL is a little extreme, but I'm sure most of them are largely unnecessary. I've always favored a smaller military and less interventionalism.

Yes, I think the British Empire is in dire need of repair. Seriously, what have America done in their time of imperialism? Absolutely nothing!
I think the British Empire should take back the countries it once controlled, I believe that Afghanistan would be an excellent addition to the British Empire, you know, until we get India.
Over time, I would hope that the US begins to have financial issues due to it's nationalism. I think that once Americas economy is weak, we should send many of our British soldiers, as well as continental soldiers. We would then take over the country and enforce the US citizens in a more strict fashion.
Mark my words, it may not happen in 10 years, it may not even happen in 50 or 100 years, but the British Empire will rise again, and when it does, the earth will witness the true power of our nation.

You're talking about a highly contested revivalism and perversion of an 1840s concept in the 1890s that was rejected by more than accepted it.

Basically just parroting the modern neo-con agenda and it's pathetic.

Yes. Americans OUT

i dont care, we could close many of them but its also a training issue they train the millitary guys to work with forien troops , but we total could in hostal areas

I don't know.