Green Lantern Rebirth Storytime

Someone said they wanted a Geoff Johns GL storytime last week and since we wont get a GL book next week ill Story time all 6 issues and then some

I never understood why in Comics people still dont believe in Aliens and Higher beings.

I guess not too many books come out this 5th week, so storytiming on Wednesday should be manageable. Have a bump.

Yep, was really waiting for Hal and the GLC but gotta wait 2 weeks for it.

Who is this Gil guy anyway? Only saw him in the Spectre book and he looks like a massive pedophile

>tfw GL: Rebirth is the first GL comic I've read
Hal became my favorite, naturally. But so did Guy.
It's terrible comics day today.

Hmmm Sup Forums isnt letting me pick files for some reason.

>NOT ANYMORE
Brutal.
Yeah, it happens.

Eh the annuals that came out were okay. Plus yeah Hal is also my favorite and then Guy, hope he gets with Tora in the new corps book soon
My chrome is kinda wonking out. Posting from IE.

John is such downer.
>Posting from IE.
Absolutely neolithic.

Thank you

I mean Coast City did turn into a FUCKING CRATER.

You were in BWAHAHA League, Guy. Nobody will take you guys seriously.
Sadly.

Well my Chrome isn't opening and I don't wanna restart my laptop since its gonna update so idk how long that's gonna take plus using IE is giving me nostalgia where I still had dial up internet.
Glad you like it.

Fitting, really. Hal's fall started with Coast City, his rebirth ended with Coast City.

Gil Johns was Carol's husband in Hal's Spectre book, presumably named after Gil Kane and Geoff Johns

Jesus Guy your Taxes?
Yeah it does seem fitting huh.

Also, Guy's Warrior form always looked like jacked football fan to me.

Yeah I know Gil Carol's husband but was his first appearance in the Spectre book? Kinda weird they had Carol marry when she was gonna get a divorce anyway.

Redpill me, Hal's having only one brother now? I remember him having that mustached YOU KILLED OUR MOM, HAL brother, but he didn't show up in New 52.

Id post Sexy Warrior Female Guy but then I'm story Timing.

Jack died in a car accident when some Cosmic Whatshisface went infront of Jacks car killing him and his wife and left his kid an orphan. I don't know what happened to the kid tho since I didn't finish the book cause it was too weird for me

>still no Ollie and Hal in New 52
Fucking Rebirth. I feel cheated.
Now I know what to Google.

Oh, right. Hal was with the kid he was Spectre, right?
Guess they're in limbo, seeing nobody ever mentioned them.

Pointing arrows to a literal Angel, Ollie you mad man.

It was in guys warrior book like issue 37 I think.

Yep, found it. Guy is packing, yo.

I still don't understand why the Spectre didn't just kill Black hand then and there plus HalSpectre is pretty cool with the GL sign on his chest.

No cheap Bantz like let me give you a hand. OLLIE WHY

>tfw no statue of you in Guy's GL-themed bar
No wonder John is dick.

Aww yeah Rebirth

My jumping in point for ongoing DC comics, and from what I heard jumping in point for a few others.

It's why I'll always say "just start reading it don't matter where".
Cause honestly reading Rebirth now it is so continuity dense it should be impossible for a newfags to jump into but hey it didn't slow me for a second the first time.
A real comicbook reader rolls with the continuity punches and at face value goes "Sure this guy has Warrior powers and this guy is a green ghost. Makes sense."

It was also similar for me, I used to be really big on Marvel then after Siege it went away cause they kept piling shit after shit so my first ever Dc books were Nightwing and Gl Rebirth then it led me to reading more and more Dc books till I caught up with everything.

>Guy cosplays as Bushwacker

Kinda feel bad for Hammond, I mean sure he was a douche but then getting turned into an abomination due to a freak accident? Kinda fucked up man. In Flashpoint HalJordan I thought Hector sabotaged Hals Jet to further vilify Hector

Hal's Flashpoint ending was real punch in the gut.

Yeah that was his first appearance

One thing never made sense to me. Why did Alan create GL symbol on the ground? As in "someone forgave you, Hal" way?

Youd think the guy. Carol would marry wouldnt look like he just raped a 5 year old.
Chrome is finally working. thank god

Is this the most storytimed comic of 2016?

Maybe no relevance but just a foreshadowing ? or maybe he felt a disturbance in the Emotional Spectrum(?) who knows

JESUS CHRIST BATMAN YOURE SUCH A DICK

No clue, I think i saw this get storytimed a really long time ago but then someone wanted a storytime. might do till Sinestro Corp war if Im able ( not in one night tho).

Probably my favorite and only Stewart moment

Hal had two brothers but his older brother Jack died, his younger brother Jim has a family and is still around

Hal took care of Jack's daughter Helen in his Spectre book but she apparently stopped existing after he came back to life

Huh. Arthur was Waterbearer then.

Batman rarely looks this spooky.

>Hal took care of Jack's daughter Helen in his Spectre book but she apparently stopped existing after he came back to life
Thanks, Geoff.
Still, wishing she'll appear sometime, she was written nice from what I remember.

The dynamic between her and Hal was pretty well done and she was cute

Hal and kids is usually pretty cute, they should let him be a dad

Its the Silhouette

Sleeping in an abandoned Airfield next to a dead city is how you get raped Carol.

Soranik or Carol?
inb4: yes.

There, I helped your stupid company.

Well his and Carol's future baby was cute, but pink babies would probably be even cuter with bonus grandpa Sinestro

"Sinestro, stop telling stories of your galactic conquests as bedtime story."

Its fun to read this again, thanks OP

Yeah, they might go with Hal being a dad tho since Dc said theyre gonna finally make end game couples happen already and stop with the will he will she shit. I like it when Hal is with Howard and Jane pretty cute.

End of Issue 1. Chrome is whack again back to IE.

I want Hal to date Soranik for a bit so Carol realizes how much of a bitch she is. The whole breakup was about HAL YOURE SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME WITH THE CORPS and then she goes adventuring with Kyle and she was also like HAL YOURE NOT GONNA COMMIT when she already saw the engagement ring

Yeah, Hal was pretty cool uncle in last Earth GL arc.
It's like writers are scared shitless with idea of, you know, hooking Hal and Carol. It's always muh status quo of her kicking him out.

Well writers think heroes that are married are "boring" Just look at Spidey. I mean do people really care about if theyre married or not ? I personally want to see my hero to be happy. except batman

Mhm, they care. As long as it's their ship, of course.
I see that you're user of terrific taste.
>Darkseid War tie-in and Hal's jacket
Feels.

Do freckles disappear with age?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

My father cut the sky open :(

Darkseid war Hal Jordan God of light had a cool suit, the black bits were cosmic-y

Damn straight he did.
Well, it was New God. You can bet they were gonna cosmic it.

I liked the issue it was pretty good and explained the importance of will.

I'm sorry if I'm not uploading fast enough. My chrome keeps dying for somereason so I alternate with IE and chrome

>years ago, on the road
WHEN WILL THEY DO IT AGAIN?

>Hal could save the world with a box of matches
makes me think of the time he survived in Alaska(?) when he got blinded by Polaris with no ring.

soon I hope.

One thing that bugs me if guys read the whole thing is that Don't power rings lose all their charge in 24 hours? How did Ollie have enough juice to shoot Sinestro

Is zooming on Terrific with dramatic "turned into a killer" important?

I figured it's 24 hours of normal use. I think it was Forever Evil that Batman had a yellow ring that he held onto that had a sliver of charge left that he tried to use, which is a similar situation to Ollie

Where IS Hal's jacket now? I know he took it off in renegade, I think it should still be on Mogo?

Well does having a black T painted on your face when youre already black and doesn't hide who you are whatsoever important?
Yeah that makes sense.
File was 4.4 mb had to save individual pic from somewhere else

Yep, it didn't appear since then.
>"Lantern Jordan, I have something for you"
>tree lowers one branch with jacket on it

Yeah when Hal went renegade you see his locker with his battery ring and jacket i think.

If Guy's beer could survive couple of interdimensional wars, I'm sure jacket did, as well.

Huh, so Hal has his new ring that he made from himself but then there's the old one he took off before he left, wonder where that ring is

>Batman...shut up

>that grimfuck skull

Issue 40 of the new52 run, you can see the ring, battery and a bit of the Jacket its easy to miss.

Lol someone needs to make this happen

Green Dad would be as good (if not better) than superdad

>Guy casually blasting everyone
Every time.

Absolutely based

I Know its not seen in this page but why does Kyle have a dog collar as part of his uniform. Looks retarded