A CGI/live action reboot is currently in the works.[2]

>A CGI/live action reboot is currently in the works.[2]

eh

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/mgm-traumatize-new-generation-remaking-secret-nimh-216109
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there something you'd like a CGI reebot of? I can't think of anything right now, but there must be something that could benefit from this trend

Anything that wasn't actually good in the first place would probably do better than the countless remakes of things that didn't need remaking.
Just look for things that sounded good on paper, find out what was mainly wrong with them, then focus on fixing those things.

Speaking of which,
why the crying-out-loud Jesus FUCK do they want to do this?

Honest to God I can't think of a single thing.

I have to disagree, a new perspective on a movie/whatever that was already fine in the first place is not something I would consider inherently bad, though the purpose of squeezing money out of a franchise is sometimes so "right in your face" that it just feels offensive but, whatever, I guess I'll only know if I wanted something revisited after I see it

Reboot
:^)

Me neither, it's the CGI part that's difficult for me, they can't all look like a Disney production

You realize it's going to look like the Chipmunks, right?

Transformers: Beast Wars.

fucking awful

My problem is that they tend to go for an entirely different purpose, I mean read this:
avclub.com/article/mgm-traumatize-new-generation-remaking-secret-nimh-216109

>MGM’s new version sounds like it’ll go a lot lighter on the “horrific injections sending cuddly animals down spiraling, hallucinatory DNA staircases” elements of the plot, though, describing it instead as a tale of an “imperiled mouse protagonist” who “befriends a comical crew of lab rats as they turn hyper-intelligent.” MGM is apparently looking to turn NIMH into a franchise, so fans of good old fashioned nightmare fuel might want to pitch their expectations more toward wacky antics, and less toward Machiavellian murder rats.

This already sounds like it's going to cause the usual problem of removing what made people like it in the first place, which was the uniquely dark parts of it.
Plus it'll be impossible for them to deal with the magic-like event at the end of the original, since either they'll gloss over the fact that it happened at all, or try to directly explain it (thus ruining the point of it being so sudden).

What studio's doing it? It could look photo-realistic like Guardians. In fact, I'd love to watch a shot for shot remake of it if it was done like that.

Oh, you've gotta be shitting me!

>ITT Sup Forumsntrarians autisticly losing their shit about a "remake"
Do you casual fucks even realize that the movie was based on a book? Or that the movie was a really shit adaption of said book?

Of course not.

Good night, everybody.

I read the book and nearly forgot everything about it except the spelling of the heroine's name. The movie has stuck with me since I've seen it.

Considering I still remember Charlotte's Web, Watership Down, and Island of the Blue Dolphins like I read them yesterday, that inclines me to think I didn't care for the book much.

This is terrible

Fantastic Four

>5 mar. 2015
It's in development hell, everybody.
And for the third time no less, considering they already tried to remake the movie/book twice before. It's basically unremakable.

You joke, but that would actually be pretty cool.

Old video games.

Thexder? Venus The Flytrap? It Came From The Desert?

Thank Christ.

That could be something I'd like to see

I can only imagine what sort of bumps they run into. They probably want to make it much less dark but can't make it work with the story.