Poor Hal

-_-

Makes sense, Kyle is pretty much irresistible to women in-universe.

I never understood why Hal was known as the ladies' man of the Corps when Kyle pulled so much more tail than him without even having to try, in a much shorter time period nonetheless.

I'm not even that mad since I really care little about Carol, it's that it feels so wrong.

Wait, is this current or from a while back? Because he had that whole...uh, let's call it experience, with Kalista in Omega Men.

New talent showcase. Might as well be non-canon.

But it's current so it's canon until something else retcons it or contradicts that it takes place in the "present"

Fuck you carol you bitch

I guess Wally is suddenly wearing the Flash outfit and hanging out with Diana then because that also happened in the showcase. It's just a way for writers/artists to show off.

Carol asked Hal to marry her and he never took her up on it so it's his own fault.

Hal fucks around. Kyle isn't in active pursuit of women 24/7.

Hal is a horndog, not a ladies' man. Kyle pulls hotter women than Hal ever could, and without even trying.

But Hal's alien waifu was much better than Kyle's alien waifu.

lolno. Fuck off Halcuck. Also Kalista and Jade.

>Calling anyone a cuck
>Mentioning Jade

She went down a dark path and should not be waifu material anymore.

Carol and Hal are endgame according to Johns, they'll be fine.

Does anyone else think they can still make Jade work in this new continuity? Just don't write her into the same shitty personality she had before. Give her a different origin too.

I just like green girls is what I'm saying.

Meanwhile Kyle is going dick-deep in your boy Hal's endgame. Once he feels sorry for Hal and lets him have her back he'll be back in Sora's ass

But user carol saw the ring, and all the things she accused Hal of commiting "all your time in the corps" , "don't want to to commit" She went to space to adventure with Kyle and she knew Hal was serious but brushed it off

>Meanwhile Kyle is going dick-deep in your boy Hal's endgame

Yea, and Hal had a steamy affair with Alex. This kinda shit between them is nothing new and you're showing yourself off as a pleb who can't appreciate the finer things in waifus.

Because Justin Jordan is a hack, what else is new?

She found an engagement ring hidden in Hal's locker and then she left him for literally no reason not even ten issues later

Carol is a cunt

Didn't Hal have a 3some with huntress and lady black hawk? And bitches basically beg Hal to fuck them, brik was super thirsty for Hal.

>This kinda shit between them is nothing new and you're showing yourself off as a pleb who can't appreciate the finer things in waifus.

Then why are Halfags so buttflustered that Kyle is fucking and impregnating Carol? He's the better man through and through. Hal doesn't have supermodels literally wanting to strip naked for him 5 minutes after meeting him. Kyle does.

Nope. That was just Hal getting drunk and making a fool of himself.

>Then why are Halfags so buttflustered that Kyle is fucking and impregnating Carol?

Because they have no chemistry? Because Kyle and Carol are over 20+ years apart in age difference despite that being hot? Because Kyle's dick is radioactive and whoever touches it dies? Like damn son, there are multitudes of reason why Kyle and Carol are not good as a couple and you don't have to be an XXX-fag to see that. He can do way better than her.

>Hal doesn't have supermodels literally wanting to strip naked for him 5 minutes after meeting him

That's also a load of malarkey as Arisia was creaming her pants the first time Hal spoke to her. Katma also wanted Hals dick, but he was busy with Olivia at the time.

Well, Kyle was 90s DC's desperate attempt to capture the Spider-Man demographic. Hence why he's such a blatant editorial-mandated Poochie.

>That's also a load of malarkey as Arisia was creaming her pants the first time Hal spoke to her.

Yeah Hal fucked a 13 year old...real impressive. Meanwhile Kyle is pulling grown women (supermodels, space-princesses, bad bitches like Sora, etc.) like it's nobody's fucking business, but yeah I'm sure he's real jealous of Hal getting to fuck a literal child.

>Hence why he's such a blatant editorial-mandated Poochie.

I never understand this. Kyle for almost 10 years was told he was shit and would never live up to Hal's ideal and that he was just a pretender. Kyle agreed with them and had a massive inferiority complex until the whole Oblivion thing happened and he stopped doubting himself.

Because he became Space Jesus and the most powerful lantern of all time in an incredibly short time-span. He also pulled some of the highest-caliber women in the galaxy like nobody's business, despite being an "average joe."

I like them as a couple a lot better than Hal x Carol. But honestly Carol is just a shit tier waifu all around imo.

Also I am so glad we got to see Barnaby Bagenda drawing Kyle again. That is all I wanted.

>supermodels
Who cucked him
>space-princesses
Who cucked him
>bad bitches like Sora
Who left him
>etc
Like that alien that he slept with and then she killed herself before he even woke up?

Because he became Space Jesus and the most powerful lantern of all time in an incredibly short time-span.

Which was all very recent. He didn't do any of this shit in the 90's and his earliest 'god' shit was Ion and that wasn't until the early 2000's which he promptly gave up 3 issues later to go back to being a normal GL. Half the people that talk shit about him didn't even read the shit he was in.

That's just part of the Parker schtick. Poor hard luck Kyle, he's always getting shit on despite being the BRAVEST and the BEST and the TORCHBEARER and the ONLY GREEN LANTERN!

Literally no one calls him the bravest or the best though, that's Hals thing. He even agrees with them. Even Ganthet wanted to take the ring away from him and find a better bearer because he was such a shit choice.

Don't act like he wasn't the most super-special snowflake the Green Lanterns had ever seen. One minute he doesn't know what he's doing, next he's splitting atoms or transmuting oxygen, or being told how he's totally better than Hal. Not to mention how it's been said in this thread how he put even HAL JORDAN to shame when it comes to banging the hottest chicks in the universe.

Hal is a meme ladykiller, just like Kirk from Star Trek. By this point it's more reputation than fact.

Soranik only "left" him 1 issue before the book ended, and it was the same issue where it was revealed that he was her true love for life even though he had another woman on his mind, because he's just a player like that.

Whatever happened to the blonde chick that Hal was gonna date?

What about Hal being THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN OF ALL TIME?

>One minute he doesn't know what he's doing, next he's splitting atoms or transmuting oxygen

By all means, point that out to me. The first time he even mentions splitting atoms was when he was getting ready to fight Nero and that was very well into Judd Winicks run which was 2001 at the earliest. And being told he's totally better than Hal? Not a single person told him that at all except Dream and even then it was a "You'll surpass him", not that he's better. Everyone took their potshots at Kyle telling him that he'll never replace Hal especially Wally and Ollie.

Limbo with the rest of the characters Johns creates then doesn't do anything with. A better question is where the fuck is Pieface

You know Hal is better than Kyle because no one compares Hal to Kyle its always kyle to Hal, plus Kyle always admits to Hal he doesn't think he can'be as great as him and all the vet lanterns think Hal is the greatest, also the guardians. Hell when Krona was doing his master plan he didn't say I WISH KYLE DOESN'T STOP ME, He says "even Jordan can't stop me". Guardians also stripped Hal of his ring cause he was becoming to powerful

>Kyle is pretty much irresistible to women in-universe.
No he isn't, Kyle does alright with the ladies but he's no Dick Grayson. Hal Jordan is way more of a heartthrob as evidenced by his universal appeal, both in and out universe.

>Everyone took their potshots at Kyle telling him that he'll never replace Hal especially Wally and Ollie.

Yep. Poor Kyle had it rough. Nobody believed in him, and he STILL blew them all the fuck out. He's just that badass. Most creative lantern to ever wear the ring, the savior of the lanterns, the TRUE White Lantern, galactic ladykiller...everyman.

Kyle bangs hotter chicks than both of them, and doesn't have to work nearly as hard.

Weird how soranik hasn't mention Kyle since she left him and is more likely to fuck Hal Jordan now.

>ITT : "My character has more sex than your Character!"

>"NUH UH!"

Calling it now. Also Carol is a shit waifu

>Kyle bangs hotter chicks than both of them.
That's a flatout lie. Hal and Dick has objectively pulled in way more hotter tail than Kyle ever has.

You're moving the goalposts and ignoring the other points. Besides, it's also exactly what Hal did when he became a GL. No one believed in him or that an Earth-Man could replace Abin "THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN" Sur and do anything right, but he proved them wrong and became the best lantern the Corps ever had. Kyle is just the result of Kevin Dooley saying "Fuck you Gerard Jones, we're killing everyone and cancelling all the GL books, eat shit!" Then grabbing Ron Marz to create a new GL to appear hip with the younger audiences of the 90's. But keep on spouting out some buzzwords.

>Carol is a shit waifu.
No she's a decent waifu, this is just a shit direction to take her in.

Literally nobody asked for this, we had to have Space ISIS kidnapped and faked his death just to get away from this.

She became a start Sapphire for a hot second and then broke up with hal

Also the rainbow brigade nonsense was starting

>actually trying to defend this.
Justin Jordan pls go.

She disappeared for no reason so Johns could spend five years putting Hal and Carol back together instead, only for other writers to fuck them over for no reason immediately afterwards

It's not like Johns didn't do the same thing. Carol was married at the beginning of his run, but gotta have my CarolxHal OTP so she got a divorce and then danced around the love life for 8 fucking years.

"buzzwords" is my favorite buzzword

She was married off panel to a character that literally has one or two appearances ever, it's not like there was an actual relationship in there

Johns doesn't want to write relationships, just teases. Remember his Hawkman run?

user, what was Carol's husband name? What did he do? Catol's hisband was nothing more than an excuse but to get rid of Hal Jordan's supporting cast, just like the complete destruction of Coastal city.

Which fits his style. Rather than explain shit and have something get developed, he'd rather just hand-wave it like with Parallax. And Ion. And Sinestro. And the Zamarons. And the Lost Lanterns. And a ton of other GL related stuff he just chose to ignore.

It was Gil. As in Gil Kane, the creator of Hal. Pretty sure he was a retired lawyer. She was gone from GL long before this. Her and Pieface moved on to Justice League EXTREME when he was dead.

But wasn't most of that GL shit already wiped out when Kyle came around? Sounds tonme like Johns reinstated a lot of GL lore back into modern continuity.

Johns did more developing for sibestro and the Zamarins than anyone.

Wtf is this? Well at least Hal still will have this.

Why should we care about Gil and Carol's marriage?

No, most of it actually got expanded upon. Parallax and Ion weren't just parasites that made their hosts into Super [Emotion] Warriors, they were living people with goals and flaws. Sinestro died, but came back in The Spectre for a while to deal with the fact that Hal no longer gave a shit about him and would rather go to hell and burn for eternity than redeem himself. Kyle remade the Guardians after Hal killed them and even gave them female ones since the Zamarons were MIA after getting Carol as their Queen, but suddenly they're back and go from humanoid Maltusians to taller blue Guardians with no eyebrows. The Lost Lanterns were the ones who brought Kilowog back in the first place by trying to have him kill Hals kid, but somehow they ended up later in a manhunter outpost with Arisia who got murdered and buried. Let's not forget about Hals old Rogues Gallery or even Kyle's getting completely ignored for Rainbow Brigade shit. Black Hand goes from a pun-master to a death-obsessed edgelord and Nero is killed off-panel in Sinestro Corps War.

My problem with Johns' Sinestro is that he turned him from a literal planet genociding warmonger into an 'anti-hero'. Like, the run itself is good over time but it makes no sense for Sinestro at all when in the beginning of his own run he had Kyle's mother murdered.

Really, this is all just my autism at work.

Who at DC hates Hal so much? Feels like they've been fucking him over constantly for years now as much as they can without just straight up killing him again

It reminds me of Jane Foster's husband and child. Love interests who get married to randoms off-panel to shake up the status quo hardly ever keep those families for very long.

Not unless the company truly wants to retire that character forever in which case they'd just flat out kill them.

Pieface had a really good send off with Green Lantern: Legacy. I'm fine with his story being done, myself.

I just feel sad that Hal was on Earth for so long with his brother and didn't even look up his best bud to have dinner or something.