Being serious, why do people like SHIELD? Not baiting

Being serious, why do people like SHIELD? Not baiting.

While it is canon officially, it might as well not be. Not even the other shows reference it. There was the Helicarrier connection in AoU, but that unintentional, as if the SHIELD writers saw the script and wedged their own story into it. I doubt the AoU writers had AoS in mind.

I just find it boring. In my opinion.

Yesterday's episode was actually pretty damn good

The characters. I like Coulson, Fitz, Mack, and Daisy.

And Ghost Rider has been pretty cool.

I agree about the canon, though. It might as well not be canon to the MCU at large. Kinda like how the Netflix shows feel like their own subuniverse.

May and Simmons are kinda boring. May is Asian Black Widow with less character and Simmons is always a bureaucrat.

Skye became awesome when she became Daisy.

It's not canon though

Best comic book show on network Sup Forums. Last two seasons have been hype as fuck. The writing is far better than any other comic show because they layer the plots. Main plot A will go for 3 episodes, but when it's resolved plot B and C are already well developed so they can move into it seamlessly. You usually don't know which plot will take the forfront next because B and C can sometimes be just as rip for the picking. And once A is done D is already in the works.

Far more layers than all other comic shows. Plus you don't have to deal with hours and hours of love triangle or i cant trust you cause you kept a secret from me bullshit. Fuck that shit. I am so tired of all CW show saying a secret is a bad thing all the fucking time

It's pretty bad and the ratings are shit. It's probably getting canceled.

>Not baiting.
Yeah, you are, man.

>Agent Carter fizzled out two seasons with no hope of renewal
>this generic slogfest is on season 4

Go jerk off to a ballerina, Joss

Because canon, or lack thereof, has no bearing on quality.

The ratings for AoS were fine for the first two seasons and any network show that has 65 episodes by the end of its third season is automatically renewed for a fourth season for syndication purposes. Meanwhile, Agent Carter's ratings were in the toilet almost from the start.

I know, just bemoaning how a more promising show with an actually charismatic lead got snuffed out while Agents of S.H.R.U.G. is still around.

It's gradually become what I would want a SHIELD show to be, with a mix of spy subterfuge and bizarre off-the-wall comic book stuff. Just recently we got a LMD robot reading an ancient demonic book so she could science-magic a portal out of another dimension.

I've watched all 3 seasons and didn't particularly like any of them. I just watch it since it's """connected""".
Was gonna drop it before the Ghost Rider announcement, gonna binge S4 eventually. This one'll be genuinely good, r-right?

I wouldn't care had they not left plot threads dangling.
Hoping that AoS has a Bones-esque episode sometime to tie it all up.
Still marginally pissed they didn't name the black guy Dr Brashear.

>While it is canon officially, it might as well not be.
Whether or not a thing is canon does not affect its quality.

>I just find it boring.
This, on the other hand, affects it greatly. If a show is boring that usually means that it's bad. But first you have to find out if it's boring inherently or if you personally just find it boring. Sometimes that's tough to do.

I watch it because it's seems to be getting better and better each season. I hated how at first it was "Damage Control with secrets and superpowers in the background". Now it's "Spy's dealing with heroes, while at the same time protecting the people from behind the scenes and going on strange adventures."

I personally really like how the plot really moves forward with every episode. There seems to be no filler anymore and there's always a lot happening. It's not a simple villain of the week thing either. It has also had quite a few moments of hype.

it's entertaining and is better than AoU

I'll never understand why in season 2 they elaborated on neither Leviathan nor the Zodiac but instead introduced a new isolated plot that worked only for a single season. There really was no progress towards the formation of SHIELD, and they didn't really do anything with the Secret Empire either. Dottie was kind of just there, but we didn't really learn anything new about her. They changed the setting for no reason. We got a boring love triangle. The special effects were sometimes horrible (pic related) and they threw out best girl Angie. Seriously, wat happened?

I like the show, it's really fun and it's grabbed my attention more than any other comic book show this year, even more so than Arrow, and Arrow is really great this season
Don't really care about it being canon tho, cared about it back when it was season 1 or something, now i just see it like a fun show where we'll get some characters that obviously wouldn't appear in the movies(like Hive)

And they totally wasted Madam Masque.

I like the show because it is a well written series about agents who deal with crazy sci-fi situations in the world. This show repeatedly surprised me with moments where the adult characters actually act like mature adults instead of as high-school teenagers like with the CW shows. Now don't get me wrong, I actually like the CW shows and this isn't some company wars DC vs Marvel thing. I'm just tired of 20-40 year olds acting like they are 14.

It just happens to be in the same world with the Avengers even if they don't interact with them all that much. I'm honestly perfectly fine with them doing their own thing in the shadows and fringes of their world. Its almost as if a clandestine spy agency were acting like spies or something.

I will also say that the need today for everything in a shared universe to have to constantly be tied to everything else in that universe, is currently one of the biggest problems in fiction. Its gotten to the point where if two key figures on the planet don't shit in the same bathroom people will cry. Now I like a good cross-over every once in a while, but the world is a big place, it is possible for important people to live their lives and not run into each other all that much. Just look at Marvel comics in the last few years. They have had nothing but crossover event after crossover event. The solo titles now are constantly playing catch-up or having to slow down just to sync up with all of the bullshit that happens every few months now.

Agents of SHIELD is my favorite cape show, followed by Legends of Tomorrow. I like it being canon to and fleshing out the MCU (as opposed to the CW verse with the DCEU's seperate canon)

Mack is likable.
Daisy is good again (I didn't like her portrayal in the beginning season but I get that they had to connect S3's timeskip to S4.)
Coulson is great, he's always been, and May is a fantastic supporting character. I feel like he'll be pushed to his breaking point soon thought, and potentially to reign back control from the Patriot. While he ceded authority to the Patriot for benevolent reasons, it's not out of the question he'd reverse that decision if SHIELD risks corruption on a Winter Soldier scale again under mace.

It looks boring. Everyone looks like they could be on NCIS or Law and Order. Doesn't feel like it has anything to do with Marvel. Honestly, using the Marvel brand for a show like this seems like a huge waste. My friend that likes it recommend I start watching 18 eps into the first season and I don't find that reassuring. A show shouldn't take that long to get watchable.

I don't plan on ever checking it out. I got halfway through the pilot and stopped. Pure garbage. Fuck ABC and fuck non-Netflix Marvel shows.

I'd like it more if the Agents actually felt like Agents.

Is it too much to ask for actual suits?

Where the fuck did Joey go. I miss gay melt shit man.

Also show would be better if they didn't just kill off/remove all of the threats/dump them all off. Gravaton was thrown in in an end bumper and never became a thing, Gil just dies, Abomination and a few others are namedropped but never appear. At least Creel got some screentime.

Show would be better if instead of always dealing with 'world ending threats that nobody else learns about' they just went around nabbing bad dudes and doing actual spy shit.

It wasn't as soon as it was now; that's why people don't like it.

Personally I wanted to like it but I dropped it during season 1; I picked up where I left off when season 2 started but I don't think it really improved until Daisy got powers and the inhumans came into it.

Season 3 was great though and season 4 has been excellent so far; I really enjoy the show now. The tone is completely different though from the cheese that was season 1.