1. Define 'degeneracy'

1. Define 'degeneracy'
2. Explain why it is bad

1. Anything basement dwelling losers wish they could do but can't because they're fat and ugly
2. It's not

/thread

Degeneracy is thing filthy things I want to do to that woman.

Degenerate:
having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

The bad is implied in the meaning of "degeneracy".

>people say pedophilia is bad
>they give this slut candy that little kids often eat
Typical degenerates.

>implying that eating my own poop and rubbing pee all over me is something not degenerate, yet still cannot do due to my basement dwelling status.

this.

>considered normal and desirable
So basically it's just means "things that hurt my feelings"?

Shills hoping other threads die...
FUCK OFF!!!

It's a value judgement, much like "muh feelings" is.

I don't get it.

Which makes it completely worthless.

Yeah but if you do that in the privacy of your own basement why the fuck would I care? That doesn't affect me in the least.

1. You
2. This thread

Blurred gender roles, increasing sexual perversion, single motherhood, etc have all been historically associated with decadent societies and declining civilization. When a civilization is great, it's people feel a profound sense of pride and respect for themselves and their fellow man that they have more to life than carnal desires. Sex is not inherently wrong, but the hypersexualized culture we live in is indicative of an unhealthy culture. At the very least degeneracy is a symptom of a broken society. Celebrating degeneracy is to ignore that there are fundamental problems tearing down western civilization

look dude if you wanna be a sentient fuck doll or jerk off all day and act like youre gonna die if you dont explode in a fountain of cum in some way every day then that's fine just accept that you are choosing to no longer be human and begin being a cum automaton

KEK SHALL BE AVENGED

KEK CANNOT DIE

is smoking weed/snorting coke not degerate?

dont give the use of it nondegenerate conditions like "well yeah if you do it once and never again"

im saying, like even for that one moment, youre committing an act of degeneracy.

things that are a net loss for society or the person, primarily things that bring pleasure for the sake of pleasure
example: strip clubs are degenerate, on a personal level because they cost the person a lot of money and gives the person nothing of value, it could also be argued that they demoralize the person
they also degrade society by defiling the young females of the society, exploiting the males, funneling money in to crime and drugs that further degrade society, as well as lower the value of the neighborhoods they're in

Degeneracy is a loss of social structure.

Think of it this way; society tells us that being a pedophile is wrong and that lewd acts are bad; we legitimately feel guilty for it, even on the basis of being a social construct. Society tells us that gluttony is bad, and that gambling is wrong. We feel bad when we do those bad things, not because they're necessarily bad for others or ourselves, but because we have a social mind. our social mind tells us what's acceptable to wear, how to speak, what to eat, where to work, etc.

Degeneracy and progress go hand-in-hand, because both are in the presence of scarcity. A man becomes gluttonous because he fears starving (not on a cognitive level but on a subconscious level). A woman becomes lustful out of fear of not being loved; they might not generally express their lovelessness, and they might even act as if they don't need it, but they deeply don't feel it.

The body positive movement is a great example, because it teaches people to love themselves to spite society. Most people who accept this movement or become a part of it are MORE likely to get severe depression in their lifetime, because they might not realize it but their subconscious mind is full of the guilt from being degenerative.

The reason it's immoral is obviously because it's linked to anxiety and depression.

is it a coincidence that people with depression feel suicidal, or have "broken heart syndrome" (die of a literal broken heart), or simply stop eating? It's a mechanism in our biology to rid us of social outcasts. By promoting body positivity and transgenderism, you're literally killing people. Majority of transgendered people have suicidal thoughts. You think telling them to "love themselves" is making it any better? They feel like shit because of the social stigma of not conforming. Degeneracy is the cause of evil. It IS evil.

Leading a life without ethics, focused only on corporeal pleasure, is the sort of culture that preceded the fall of every great empire in history.

Do what you want, but don't expect others to have to respect it.

It makes it "human, all too human."

The indulgence of activities that do more harm than good. Being on Sup Forums is degenerate.

Wish I was a slut partying every weekend getting blackout drunk and fucked/raped by hundreds of ugly men, then kill myself at age 24 because of serious mental problems, that would be choice.

Idiot.

Degeneracy is a myth from Sup Forums where anything that feels good is bad. Sex is bad, smoking weed is bad, video games are bad, everything fun is bad, anything other than whining all the time is bad.

Degeneracy:
>Leads to Hedonism/Nihilism/Cynicism/Apathy
>each one of those categories is respective to the following moral standpoints, immorality, moral nihilism, amorality, moral relativism.
>This is all propagated by introduction of prosperity, prosperity that moral objectivists have brought into their civilisation.
>People pay less attention to the tree (the traditions and values that have brought the civilisation into its high point) that bore the fruits (prosperity, elation, abundance) and pay more attention to the fruits than the tree.
>People start to honestly believe that they no longer need the tree, that they can "grow up" from it, arrogance at its finest to say the least.
>Atheism, Apatheism, and Anti-theism take hold of the society.
>The irreligious become greater in number
>Materialism and secular humanism become the new religions, utilitarianism becomes the new philosophical standpoint, no longer doing things because it's right, but doing things because it leads to "happiness" it's "pleasure-inducing."
>People start caring more about themselves rather than other people, especially when the most common way of "knowing" right from wrong is by "placing oneself into the shoes of another." The first thought that comes from this is, "I wouldn't want that happening to me." It sounds selfless but it really isn't, the only way people can stop giving a fuck about themselves for a moment is to imagine themselves in a less favourable position rather than to just think objectively about the situation they choose to see it through another subjective lens

/thread

>HAVING FUN SUCKS!

lol fag

>trying to /thread yourself

kill yourself instead

1. Degeneracy is me, because I'm gay.

2. It is bad because I will lead to the destruction of western civilization.

REEEEEEE

Anything I dont like

See above

Safari can't view webms.

>degeneracy is perversion
Circular logic.
>declining civilisation
Baseless claims.

>TL;DR: anti-traditionalism
Ok cool, let's use that as a working definition. Why is that bad? So far all you've provided is "because it hurts my feelings".

Simple answer to all these types of questions.

>Did your parents do X?
>Did your grandparents X?
>Did your greatgrandparents X?
If yes to all three, the act is not degenerate, as you are carrying on tradition, and degeneracy is the degeneration of traditions.

Degenerate - things only fucktards, fucking douches, and fat-as-fuck moron would do.

Why is it bad? - you are a fucktard. A fucktard from nigger spider island.

>Safari

Are you on your phone about to do a line of cocaine or some shit and you're asking Sup Forums what degeneracy is?

>circular logic
You asked for a definition of degeneracy. I gave you examples. Its a term referring a number of selfish sexually driven behaviors.

These behaviors are common at the end of declining civilizations.

Read "The Fate of Empires"

KEK CURSES YOU !!!

You're asking why traditions are important.
It is basically just a way to reinforce identity.

Degeneracy is fucking a dog.
True degeneracy is fucking a dead male puppy.

1) To fall below a level considered "normal" to function in society and/or expected to diminish the quality of it.

Of course the definition of "quality" and the means to attain it are not really subjective ( not every opinion is right) but are subject to different models i think. ( individual well being ?societal prosperity? liberty vs security..etc)

2) An action deemed "degenerate" is by definition bad (inside a particular model defining the quality of society) because it hurts society.

i think that can work out

Kek forever blesses me

Because this sort of shit isn't new; it's a pattern in history. As great cultures die, they reach a point of where the virtues that built them get replaced with decadence, and then they descend into weird deviancy and degeneracy. They glorify the sick and hate the healthy, and the madness spreads, eating the culture alive, until everything collapses. It's almost exactly analogous to the metastasising of a cancer.

I posit that the West is in that stage now, and the most worrying part of this is that we are bigger than any empire in history could ever have imagined being, and the fall is going to be correspondingly that much bigger, too. We've got doomsday weapons, we've polluted and overfished and built nuclear reactors that meltdown without constant supervision and a thousand other deadman's switches that require us to be on our fucking game all the time. We can't afford to have a collapse, but we've got cancer, and we're terminal. It's only a matter of time.

The world turns, and now, it turns into darkness.

>So far all you've provided is "because it hurts my feelings".

You ignored my post, but my only argument has been pic related. And I reiterate, you shouldn't demand respect for a lifestyle that doesn't warrant it. Or does it "hurt your feelings" that some people don't hold being a piece of shit in high regard?

where can i find more pics like this

Sugars bad for your teeth, especially in prolonged contact

I'm considering becoming a degenerate so that I may find some joy in living again.

>safari
I actually fucking hate you man. Are you in adelaide?

Any animal behavior meaning:
sex for pleasure
violence
acting like an asshole

Itt things that never really happen

People doing what they want to do instead of what they should be doing and refusing ti accept the consequences of their bullshit decisions.

Like pic related, underage girls and women being allowed to walk around in public places wearing next to nothing or in revealing clothing that draws attention to sexual parts of their body. All the while screaming 'Im not a slut!' 'its not my fault I was raped'.

>anti-traditionalism destroys civilisation
Literally no evidence, not to mention the problem of correlation and causation. Let's just assume there really is an association between civilisational collapse and anti-traditional behaviour, why would a civilisation in decline act in a traditional way? How could it.

1. Your waifu
2. Is Shit

1. Eroding self-preservation and the propagation and well-being of our posterity. That's at least part of my definition.
2. Self-explanatory

essentially anything that would cause harm to you, the people around you, or your country. in short, being a feminist or a muslim.

degeneracy
>lacking some usual or expected property or quality
I mean, you can live in a trailer. And there's nothing "wrong" with it. But it's not as good as living in a house.

It's the same way with all qualities of life.The principals of social conservatism apply here too.

>Literally no evidence

I recommend picking up a history book some time. It should be obvious that duty and community build civilization, while materialism and frivolity do not.

>why would a civilisation in decline act in a traditional way?

Every civilization ever acts in a traditional way post collapse and regeneration and this has and will always be the way that great civilizations are born.

>Why is that bad? So far all you've provided is "because it hurts my feelings".

What is bad, then?
I mean, what is objectively good and bad?

Morality is local; it depends on who you associate with. Some chinese people eat dogs; we as westerners find that disgusting. But where someone might be grossed out at the idea of eating Lobster guts, I'm not, because I'm from a lobster fishing community. What's good in one place might not be good in another place; it depends on the group of people.

Now, with that said...

If degeneracy was moral, then it'd be acceptable in our society, but it's not.

You, along with all the liberals in the world, don't have a society, because society is an ingroup feature. inclusion is the polar opposite of what a society is. The lack of society implies the rule of a totalitarian state that teaches you how to think and feel; thus, you find nothing wrong with degeneracy, because the state sees nothing wrong with degeneracy, because the state is a self-interested entity that uses the progressive model to keep people in a suspended scarcity-anxiety state of mind.

I exercise and take care of myself. I don't want to dick some skank who's had 1000 dicks in her before. I want to fuck a girl who still gets something from sex. I want to hang out with someone who doesn't need to destroy their body to have fun. I want to be stimulated. People like are fucking idiots. I like Pizza, but when you eat it everyday, it loses its appeal.

So our degenerate-raised children 3 generations down will not be degenerates? There must be a more concrete standard.

>Literally no evidence
Assyria
Persia
Greece
Roman Republic
Roman Empire
Arab empire
Ottoman empire
Spain

Like I've already posted, the average age of each of those civilisations was 250 years. Each followed the exact same pattern of growth, decadence and then decline, quite often with analogous social movements and whims.

As the world modernizes, people and their functions are replaced as they are no longer needed.
The list of human functions no longer needed, has gone up to the point where the man is no longer needed.
And everything we are left with is social bullshit, entertainment, sex and pleasure.

Work gives life meaning, nay it gives humans a meaning. a purpose.

people are a product of their time, and nowhere is that more prevalent than looking at the elites through the scope of mainstream media.

Gone are the days where you governed your farm,
Gone is the wife who stood beside you because she needed you.

Gone is dignity, in is the self humiliation and destruction of the individual identity, say hello to the future, say goodbye to your children.

also, your definition is flawed, as it uses another definition of degeneracy within it.

>f yes to all three, the act is not degenerate, as you are carrying on tradition, and degeneracy is the degeneration of traditions.
assuming your 'if' is biconditional

Literally all that has been answered in this thread. You're just ignoring it. Re-read the thread. 'night user

This

People on this board, well, pretty much all of this site, are just bitter they've wasted their youth sat infront of a computer screen

I hate you too.

Naw I'll just ask /his/ to humour myself.

All these sources posted are obviously bullshit.

Sans noblesse.

Give me your address cunt.

Degeneracy is... anything that is... regressive.

So, we invented clothing. We have clothing, so nudity is degenerate.

We invented forks and spoons. Eating with your hands is degenerate.

It's scientifically proven that miscegenation (race mixing) can give your kids genetic / mental disorders. Miscegenation is degenerate.

You were born with a natural hair color. Changing your hair color to purple / green is degenerate.

Why is this bad? Why is degeneracy bad? Are you fucking new m8? Is this your first day on Sup Forums?

Franziska Facella.

being a sad loser who sitting all day at home and play vidya games, problably fap to weird shit too, is degenerate

obviously

Yeah the rise and fall of the Roman Empire was obviously bullshit. Fuck you're a drongo mate.

>So, we invented clothing. We have clothing, so nudity is degenerate.
To help us wether the elements. Greeks and Roman played and fought war naked, even the women would join.

>We invented forks and spoons. Eating with your hands is degenerate.
That's because utensils are practical, faster and helps not getting bacteria.

I agree with the rest.

hehehe fpbp

This is essence.

1. Degeneracy is a buzzword to rationalise certain aspects of a decadent/hedonistic society (words which are more accurate)
2. Extremes are always bad. We live in a society where sex and hedonism are above everything else, due to female emancipation. This means that since sex is our highest currency, women control everywhere. This leads to mainstream decadence and to the destruction of the nuclear family.

fuck you, kek be praised

This.

Love it, the more the better. Drench me in that glorious degeneracy.

>personally knowing and consorting with pol browsers
fucking degenerate

Franziska Facella

>literally no evidence for the decline of the west
>degeneracy is a myth from Sup Forums
obvious troll. stop replying to this mongoloid

I dont think you understood
Anons post.

His argument is far more logical than it seems. You see, moral objectivity is tied to the concept of universalism. Which posits that there is an objective form to everything. From rationality, to morality to empirical reality.

It bases this on god who because of his position beyond man can work at the level of the human intentionality. The conscience.

When you accept moral relativism or nihilism you abandon universalism completely and as well the concept of god (who cannot exist without a moral objectivity). Secularization is just the observed trend of the shift from moral objectivity to relativism.

Secularism and moral relativism cannot justify any one good from another evil. Because it is based on materialism or on post modernism. In a materialistic world, nothing has intrinsic value, those are all illusions. So to maintain a meaningful existence, you resort to paganism or ancestor worship (worshiping scientists/philosophers). Among a host of other superstitious teleological and quasi metaphysical intuitions regarding the world.

It has no order or objectivity and the philosophical foundation of science crumbles as its positions eventually stand in the path of desire in moral relative situations. Look at how the feminist relativists are trying to break down academia and deny science. Codifying facts as "racist" because it does not fit their narrative.

You see, science no longer has an objective moral purpose in truth with relativism. It becomes re-purposed for the guiding narrative. Which because of relativism is based entirely on feelings. Not rational thought or objectivity.

Nihilism follows the same path except is fatalistic instead of metaphysical but is nonetheless teleological in its attribution of "meaninglessness" to reality. It leads to paganism all the same and eventually the denial of science.

The only thing holding the world together is moral objectivity.

>inclusion is the polar opposite of what a society is. The lack of society implies the rule of a totalitarian state that teaches you how to think and feel; thus, you find nothing wrong with degeneracy, because the state sees nothing wrong with degeneracy, because the state is a self-interested entity that uses the progressive model to keep people in a suspended scarcity-anxiety state of mind.
OOH that definition is sexy

>muh romans

Sorry to burst your bubble there dude, but fighting naked is pretty much the gayest thing you can do outside actual sodomy. I'm gonna have to go ahead and say it was degenerate.

Degenerate because you said so? No. Also, some did it because they had no money to buy armor, which was expensive. It seems like you are afraid of your sexuality.

Degeneracy is the kind of behavior shunned by every successful society during its prime and in the tenets of every religion whose followers have ever achieved anything. Find me five exceptions. Out of the thousands of states which have existed, five examples of successful decadent societies should not be hard if they exist. And as has been pointed out, yes, the Greeks did things naked, but if you actually read books from ancient Greece, they talk about those things like they don't even matter, those weren't inherently sexual acts to them, just like changing at the gym surrounded by naked dudes isn't sexual.

>The only thing holding the world together is moral objectivity.
This doesn't actually follow from your premises.

Forgot to mention ottoman empire began decline once the harems started taking control.

No, it's degenerate because it's naked men wrestling around with each other.

Actually now that I think about it, because of the time period and their culture, it wasn't THAT degenerate, at least not to them, but I mean... come on. Dudes. Naked. Wrestling. If we can agree homosexuality is degenerate, and it is... well, you can draw your own conclusions on that one.

You just wouldn't see that shit today and be like "oh yeah they're just warriors" or w/e LARPing bs you think is "totally not gay bro haha :^)"

also I'm very comfortable with my sexuality, nice try though Freud.

>/threading your own post
Sad!

Nice post leaf.
I'll remember this

Is it degenerate to gf a coalburner? She admits she has fucked a nigger in the past, but if I'm the one fucking her right now that means I'm the cucker and not the cuckee right?

Degenerate: anything that leads to decline of higher values and ultimately makes animals out of people with desire to only eat, poop and fuck.
Why it's wrong? Because civilization can only be sustained if people believe it should be sustained. Once values are lost, anything will either collapse or be conquered by people with values.

>Japan
>Thinks pedos are ok

Oy vey

For me, anything that destroys a moral society is "degeneracy"

This thread which is now hidden

An act or lifestyle choice that categorically handicaps the functionality of society.