Every Simpsons Ever: Thread #12

gamenguide.com/articles/72549/20161123/the-simpsons-latest-news-updates-fxx-network-will-have-a-second-simpsons-marathon-to-start-on-thanksgiving-day.htm

>Now playing: Strong Arms of the Ma

>Next: Pray Anything

Previous thread:

Marge raping Homer is the halfway mark of the series.

And there goes Marge kicking everyones ass

Homer has a giantess fetish.

Let's remember that we're on the 300 mark right now and that Marge literally raped Homer in that huge hallmark

RELAX DON'T DO IT

Wow, this episode is already worst than the last one.

Al Jean does it again, bravo, bravo, let's hope the next 300 are as emasculatingly wonderful

That's such an appropriate image for where we are in the series.

Lube up, Sup Forums, she's going in.

>its okay when women rape men

What did Groening and friends mean by this?

SNU SNU

Groening wasn't working on the show by this point.

He had Futurama by now or maybe it got cancelled.

It was canned by this point. Family Man too.

>Homer points out the inherent ridiculousness and contradictions of prayer
>he's the stupid one

I want to fuck that ball

What the fuck moe

When exactly does Flanders become Flanderized?

Wow, a greedy Jew joke. Didn't expect to see that.

He's been Flanderized for years at this point.

How is Homer in the wrong for suing the church? They dug a giant hole where people walked without any ropes or anything around it and someone got hurt.

How do you tell?

we're past the point of no return

This episode is one of the reasons why I stopped praying long ago. Makes me feel bad.

You see these three in worse episodes ever lists a lot too. The first 2 are from the "transitionary" period i.e. seasons 9-12 and the last is a particularly offensive relatively recent one.
>Kill the Alligator and Run
>Principal and the Pauper
>That 90s show

Flanders is Flanderized whenever his religious piety takes on a censorious, intolerant, or harmful nature, i.e. when he was censoring Hardy Boys books or making violent Bible movies a la Passion of the Christ.

Flanders did get better in the HD era, and his characterization in the movie is spot-on.

There's not one specific turning point, it's by definition gradual. Flanders went from being a nice, devout neighbor in the early seasons to a religious fanatic zealot jackass.

Does that snarky guy with many jobs have a name?

The Principal and the Pauper isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Raphael

yeah but the point isn't the episode quality but how badly is considered on the "bad" scale

And Principal and the Pauper is definitely one of episodes that are considered the worst by multiple lists

It's the same with a lot of the so called worst episodes ever from seasons 9-12. They aren't that bad and are considerably better than a lot of later episodes but there on those lists because it is one of the episodes that marks the point the Simpsons declined.

Whats with Krusty calling everyone goy these last few seasons

>The Principal and the Pauper

It's one of the worst because of the way it changes Skinner's character for no damn reason.

Wiseguy

He's quite an old character, from as early as Season 2 but similar to the Squeaky Voiced Teen they used that voice with different looking characters for a few seasons before settling.

>Jessica not shown not even as silent cameo as the Lovejoys drive off

reeeeeee

who?

Why is Arnie Pie so based?

Even in the zombiest of seasons he still gets good lines

Lovejoy's daughter who Bart had a crush on in Season 6.

She was probably sent back to boarding school, autist.

I think I slept through the episode, but which one was the last traditionally inked?

It doesn't change his character, just his identity.

He remains the same character before and after.

>tfw you liked That 90's show

Helter Shelter, a few hours ago.

I'll always love Charles Bronson voice characters.

>sober Barney

Oh yeah, that was a thing for a while.

Why didn't they keep that?

Actually, I'll bet there is a specific turning point, and it's one a lot of people like, AND I'll bet that's why it happened.

>"And Harry Potter and all his wizard friends went straight to hell for practicing witchcraft."

As near as I can tell, this is the first time he was portrayed as one of THOSE Christians. Yeah, he's always been a teetotaler and a goody-two-shoes but he's never been one to condemn someone or something, it just wasn't for him. That moment was a funny gag, and topical at the time, so they probably got a lot of feedback on it, so they just doubled down.

Maybe I'm off base, but I'd put money on that being the tipping point.

Oh Puppy Goo-Goo, fetch me a dream...

Once Al Jean came back he tried to revert everything back to the way it was.

But he couldn't unkill Maude.

He wasn't as funny sober.

Bart's still a minor, he can't live on his own. He would be given to another guardian or made a ward of the state.

>new animation of Bart chopping down the chalkboard seamlessly transitioning into old as fuck intro

>Barney has to go back to being a useless drunk piece of shit who can't get his life together because it's "funnier" that way

MAYBE IF I

Have we hit the point of irredeemably, yet?

I swear to god

what is the joke

what is the joke in this shitty ass THIRSTY bump

I STILL DON'T GET IT AAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK YOU ZOMBIE SIMPSONS

And this is exactly the problem with taking Barney's alcoholism seriously in the first place. It's only funny if it's a cartoon joke. Once they treated it in-show as a problem, it ruins the comedy.

I think Flanders gets Flanderised multiple times.

In the earliest seasons he is barely shown as religious. But he slowly becomes more religious until it takes over his character.
Good example episodes of this would be "In Marge We Trust" in Season 8 where he is calling Lovejoy all the time.
Then he gets turned into a parody of fundamentalist christians somewhere in the zombie seasons and gets used as a strawman for the show to score liberal brownie points.

It's past Season 8, so yes.

That's the point the show never gets any better and only gets worse but there are still a few episodes per season worth watching athough that few get less and less as it continues until its about 1 per 3 seasons now.

Oh, pish. 10-12 had plenty of good episodes. It's not 6-8 where almost every episode is solid gold, but there's still more good than bad past 8. It's just that the good usually isn't as good and the bad started getting worse.

Is this some sort of commentary on the old Butterfinger commercials?

I just realized what this episode is...

>literally took out a butterfinger as he said he's never been in a commercial before

Nah..

>what Stockholm Syndrome looks like

For some reason I always remembered this as episode 300.

Isn't this one of the episodes that some anons say that made them stop watching the Simpsons

I remember someone arguing that the last one is because of Ned becoming very bitter at Maude's death, and having to choose between blaming the tragedy on God or man, he chose the latter.

Of course, that's too smart for modern Simpsons writers to do.

>thread theme

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXUVibGrd1E

They billed it as the 300th episode but it was the 301st. They even make reference to that in the episode.

S14 is not that bad imo. They're starting to reach for plot points by now but it's still watchable in my eyes. By 18 I can only watch a handful.

For some reason they advertised this one as the 300th episode instead of the actual 300th episode where Marge rapes Homer.

It's a puzzling decision.

>this turd in this dump I took this morning is a little better than the turds in the dump I took after dinner

Hey! It's skateboarding legend TONY HAWK!

When celebs are introduced like that you just know the episode is gonna be shit.

>The Last Temptation of Krust (09 15)
>Dumbbell Indemnity (09 16)
>Girly Edition (09 22)
>The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace (10 02)
>Bart the Mother (10 03)
>Homer to the Max (10 13)
>Thirty Minutes over Tokyo (10 23)
>Behind the Laughter (11 23)
>The Great Money Caper (12 07)
>Skinner's Sense of Snow (12 08)
>HOMR (12 09)
>Trilogy of Error (12 18)

And those are just some of the more memorable ones. It was more good than bad. Hop off that bandwagon.

Probably because a celebrity was in it, even a "few years too late" one.

This was the episode I stopped watching on. This is my threshold of unwatchability. I fucking hate this episode.

I'm not sure how listing a bunch of shit episodes is supposed to prove anything.

The bandwagon is called the truth my friend, and I'm always happy to be on it.

Your list shows what I meant by Stockholm Syndrome: the show has been so bad for so long that even bad episodes start looking good because what comes later is even worse.

Marge had Homer's scream.

Strong Arms of the Ma would've been much better if the third act had continued Act 2's focus on her emotional state. Ruth poked her right in the trauma with that "If you'd rather be weak and helpless" line.

>could have sworn it was 302
>shh

Oh ok, you're a troll. 7/10. Good shit, really. Keep it up!

DUDE DUELING ON SKATEBOARDS

DUDE SKATEBOARD TERMS LMAO

I kept watching every Sunday.

This as someone who watched the series since the beginning.

The end of Season 20 is when I finally stopped watching the premieres.

>301st episode

This is all very confusing

>This as someone who watched the series since the beginning.
Same. (Well ok, since season 2, but whatever)

More power to ya, but I just couldn't do it. It sucks so fucking hard.

WHEN?

Season 19.

It's days away.

>Your dad the raging alcoholic

Jesus Christ, Skinner.

>implied

Behold, the Red Planet!

This makes me hungry for a McRibb.

Me every Friday for pizza

>Paris is no more!

R-E-L-A-P-S-E

THAT'S WHAT BEER HAS DONE TO ME

Nope, completely sincere. I'm sorry you like garbage but there's not much I can do to help you. You'll have to sort that out on your own.

RELEASE THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

>Free College?
>And a hot plate!

A N D A H O T P L A T E