What the fuck is this Sup Forums?

What the fuck is this Sup Forums?

>inb4 just an art thing

Other urls found in this thread:

wsws.org/en/articles/2015/07/21/dnbo-j21.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
youtube.com/watch?v=7WusCyD_eTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It seems like just an excuse to make up any old shit.

>postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies, and various tenets of Enlightenment rationality, including the existence of objective reality and absolute truth, as well as notions of rationality, human nature, and progress.

Why??

It was created by the Frankfurt school, a bunch of old Jews.

Fuck 'em, it's exactly why the West is going the way it is.

Was it actually created by frankfurt school? Cause it epitomises 'cultural marxism'

What is really infuriating is that postmodernism was a 1980s movement, in response to the 1940s modernism movement....

So now in reaction to postmodernism, we have post-postmodernism.

Never call your movement "modern."

I've just found an interesting critique of post-modernism and other nuleftism, from a left perspective.

>Foreword to The Frankfurt School, Postmodernism and the Politics of the Pseudo-Left: A Marxist Critique

wsws.org/en/articles/2015/07/21/dnbo-j21.html

Yes, when it was closed all it's members moved to different place and IIRC most went to the USA.

Even /leftypol/ sometimes criticises Cultural Marxism and The Frankfurt School, there is a ton of infighting inbetween Marxists and there beliefs.

So is it purely self indulgent pseudo-intellectualism? Like has anything of value come from it?

If you consider the degradation of the West as valuable Mr.Schlomo, then yes.

Surely that's not how they sell themselves though?

While Sup Forums may prefer and strongly value hierarchy, left wing minds may suggest that all systems are oppressive and we should have maximal personal freedom.

They sell themselves as "liberating" you from the evil White Cis Patriarchal Heteronormal yadadada West.
It's like meeting a nigger who thinks that the USA is opressive to niggers, they look delusional to you and as geniuses to themselves.

(((subversive))) marxist drivel that should have been stamped out in unis but was allowed to flourish during the cold war. commies and ussr-supporters found a home in academia, by using our own rights and freedoms to not be penalised for their speech like in all other facets of life during that time. They beat us at our own game.

We definitely are beginning to lose the culture war thanks to russian subversion that persists 70 years on.

>So is it purely self indulgent pseudo-intellectualism?

Yes. Unrigorous mental masturbation for weak-willed, high-minded leftists who think the answer to life is understanding one another. They will virtue-signal their own country out of existence if they think it'll get them brownie points.

Wasn't Stalinism openly praised in British colleges and the general consensus was "Stalin did nothing wrong" during the 60s and somewhere to early 70s.

Postmodernism is learning to speak your primary language after all the other speakers have given up on caring about what the words in its vocabulary actually mean, but still employ them.
There are a few more things but this is pretty much it.

that is true.

It remains bad, as CCCP-honour societies still exist at many western universities. It is truly treason, and I see nothing hypocritical of a mccarthy-like purge of commie influence from our society.

People get uncomfortable with silencing speech but fail to realise if the commies ever get power it is game over for us and our rights. Same as the islamists. I don't understand why the left wants to invite the wolf inside the walls, unless they truly hate what's behind the walls

>spoiler: they do

rulelessness, or the general lack of respect for traditional rules born out of the exhaustion of novelty in that arena or even the loss of value in an idol.

when you get so modern you begin to regress because modernism is so last year.

read blacklisted by history

there was pretty much a switch from the government hating commies to saying "naaaaah it's fine they're just communists. it's not like they're going to be subversive!"

>A
>Fucking
>Good post actually

I agree wholeheartedly but I must add something. What is exactly wrong with the State controlling the media?
Let's get something clear, there has no way in hell for media to be objective. If the State doesn't own it, then the Corporations do.

If you let control of the media slip from your hands then soon all media becomes propaganda for who ever now owns it, and Corporations aren't static or local.

If those outside can own and influence what is viewed inside your country then what stops them from using it to their advantage? Nothing does!

If tomorrow IS gained permanent ownership of all media they would use it to spread more, and Fifth Colums would pop up everywhere.

The Media is a dangerous weapon, if your goverment doesn't have it then your enemy does.
If you goverment can't be trusted with the Media, you need a new one.

>Be modern
>Grow up, become postmodern
>Get bitter in my adulthood and become an ironic postmodernist
>Finally in my golden years have the wisdom and clarity to be a post-ironic modernist

Get on my level faggots

>we will macimise personal freedom
>by seeking to overthrow western enlightenment values and policing your language and thoughts

How do you even reason with such crazy?

I mean it was this video posted the other day that pissed me off.

youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

Can you give some examples? It seems like they spend a lot of time redefining words to me.

lefty faggot, ironic natsoc for lulz, then right wing death squad leader? what do your words even mean?

Don't worry BritBong, I went through a stage where I was like this and now I know exactly why it's wrong.

Anything that they can cater to, they cater too.
It is a method bred for succes because it is a capitalist method, it acts as capitalism would act if it was an entity.

It appeases to all it can and when it runs out of people to appease, then it creates a group to do so to it!

I respect Marx because he was quite reasonable, but all commies and marxists deserve to be burnt at the stake.

I think Post-modernism was coined as a first attempt at introducing Cultural Marxism into Societies during the 1990's at the same time as a whole raft of new policies governments at all levels were introducing I believe as a part of UN agreements...The UN gave Post Modernism the legitimacy it seems..

Stresses me out lad. That video for example, I KNEW he was talking shit. But couldn't into words why. It's a devious game they play. Fortunately this guy blows it the fuck out

youtube.com/watch?v=7WusCyD_eTc

credit to left/pol/ for pointing me at the response video.

One detractor said of post modernism something like,'What does it mean? How can something be Post and Modern at the same time?

>there has no way in hell for media to be objective

Bullshit. You have someone at the helm with fucking honor and fucking principles. The Jews know this and that's why they bought all the media.

>Find someone like this
>He ((((((misteriously))))) dies

I'd love to have an objective press and media but it just can't be done.

If we are going to have propaganda machines, then we should have our propaganda being spread.