X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime, pt.12

So, here you go, the last of Cable before the Second Coming. This is my favorite arc, so I hope you like it. It also has some nice covers.

Previously, we followed the series of events surrounding the birth of the Mutant Messiah. Cable headed into the future with the baby, only to be pursued by Bishop. His time-travel device damaged, Cable can now only jump forward in time.
After fighting with X-Force, Cable & Apocalypse in the future, Bishop escaped and continued to pursue Hope and Cable into the timestream. However, they got separated in time. Before reuniting Hope has aged two years and Cable's T/O virus is wreaking havoc. They managed to escape the dying Earth into Space where they encountered the Brood, and now they're on their way back to earth, but they're being followed.
After a series of events in which Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers & X-Men teams sought to usurp the rights of mutants, Cyclops raised Asteroid M from the deep and declared it a sovereign state, Utopia. Magneto has come to pay his respects, Namor has joined the X-Men, and Hank has left the X-Me after some disagreements with the state of the X-Men. Oh yeah, and Kitty Pryde was rescued from space, but she's trapped in her intangible form.
Selene was finally "killed" by X-Force after unleashing a horde of French speaking undead mutants upon the X-Men.
In the meantime, Cyclops has allowed a few of the old New Mutants to get back together to pick up the slack in making the present ready for Cable and the baby's return. It seems Illyana may have a few designs yet, involving Limbo, and Cyclops is looking for a successor.
Nate Grey ended up getting captured by Norman Osborne, to be used as a near-infinite source of power for Dark Beast's Omega Machine.

Prior:

If you're just now joining us, take a look behind and get caught up.

and forgot a thread.

The greatest tragedy of all X-Men...is that Hope and Wallflower will never meet.

FOR FUCK SAKE

JUST GIVE UP YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

How so?

HE'S JUST A SOLDIER

Because one is dead.

I know, I mean, why do you think they'd be friends or why should they have met?

Part one of the 'Girl Called Hope' back-ups.

I love this cover so much.

Shame she doesn't look like that in the comics...

Djurdjevic is pretty great. All 4 covers in this arc are really nice; the last one isn't as good as the fist three.

I think they would have been lovers

Oh.

Imagine, Hope throwing Laurie onto the bed, and forcing her X-Uniform off of her.

Reading bump

I can't think of Hope in that way.
It's weird.

Part two