Genetic Engineering - 'Designer babies' with CAS9 and CRISPR

Hey Pol, I’ve come across this interesting video [below] and found that genetic engineering isn’t actually that far away, it’s possible and in the near future. What do you guys think, I think that this is kinda cool and could be good, but also bad because there would need to be limits, and also because it literally changes DNA you could commit crimes and change DNA becoming completely different and never get caught. But on the other hand if we could isolate the genes in lobsters that prevents ageing, and live for longer.

> youtu.be/jAhjPd4uNFY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4
motherboard.vice.com/read/scientists-argue-the-us-ban-on-human-gene-editing-will-leave-it-behind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you can create a godlike person, with such technology. hopefully the nogs won't know it before us.

Yes that could happen but there is also likely that then you will end up with an endless loop of editing up, like when you put one hand on top of another then again and again, you give your self bigger mussels to smack someone, then they do, then you do and it turns into a endless pointless loop

This stuff has been around a while be just need to know how changing the genes affects the body long term and that we don't accidentally create a cancerous abomination. after that i support the image.

i know, but such loop will only improve the DNA more and more, and will basically make human godlike.

Editing one or several genes would not be enough to stop DNA evidence

Yes but it would require constant editing
Edit more than just several edit like half, maybe not that just enough to obscure me from you

Chinese billionaires having 10+ aryan babies when?

I can't wait for the TiTs-style Sex Utopia that will come as a result of it

and with ever edit, we will pass another milestone.

This.

You mean we could get girls like that without the make up?

I will edit my DNA in the future
Why shoudnt I Sup Forums?
people who don't want to- why?
(Lets assume you KNOW and people who do it are 100% trustworthy)

Can it edit ethnic traits as well?

will this be the rise of tanned elves?

Based Pacman engineering our future children.

Editing half would require replacing 1.5 billion base pairs and would definitely kill you

Yoiu can edit everything, and go throughout another puberty basically

there is no limit to what the human can become. so yes, everything can happen.

Fucking nice. We could force all nogs to have European kids

youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4

>Fucking nice. We could force all nogs to have European kids

That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard.

You like the idea of white kids being hit with extension chords by their ape captors?

>you could create kangz

Ftfy

We might be able to edit DNA, but we dont nearly understand it good enough to start modifying every part of the body. Before you know it youre gonna grow an arm out of your leg because the muscle cells in your legs thinks they should use the DNA of your arm.

Its gonna get fukd up desu

how will sexual/relationship dynamics change as a result of this?

There will literally be an abundance of 6'8 HyperChadsall from rich familys. The 80/20 rule will become the 99/1 rule

Sup Forums edits their dick sizes

Walking around triggering every feminist for walking around with a huge Dong

>everyone in this fucking thread not knowing how CRISPR-Cas9 or even DNA works
The tech works at the embryonic stage, holy shit.
Also
>multiple edits make you godlike
Literally get cancer

Also 14'5 huge white dudes kangz

Slap her with your dick literally slap her with it, I see trigglypuff arm’s flapping in anger already

Yes it would, as long as you targeted the specific sequences that they use to test dna. The cops only sequence a few genes.

This is the true inevitability.

Who cares? Anyone with access to this technology will turn themselves white anyway.

Good. I can't wait to edit the spaghetti right out of my pocket once and for all.

good point.

Gooks might make super asians but since they are short and lack of lot of shit and inbred dna it would fuck up their research

This guy gets it, just let them have their fantasies I guess

>changes DNA you could commit crimes and change DNA becoming completely different and never get caught.
that would require changing the DNA of every cell in your body and that is not possible without months of treatments and risk of cancer. All this will do is allow for designer babies with huge wangs, strong jaws, green eyes and high intelligence since you can subject sperm to it and then send them to an egg

motherboard.vice.com/read/scientists-argue-the-us-ban-on-human-gene-editing-will-leave-it-behind

The chinese will bkow us out of the water with this tech if we keep banning its research and use because of muh feels.

pic related.

Anybody who dosnt understand, tough, im off to bed.

You sound like a fag and your shits all retarded... You know just hehehe

Don't worry, no one will know it before (((you))).

That's not how fitness works. Everything in us is there because it has either worked or not been detrimental over generations and thousands of years. When you take away one detriment in an organism it tends to take away from something else.
High metabolism leads to a shorter lifespan.Stronger immune system could lead to allergies. Higher bone density could lead to joints being worn faster. And we all know what too much testosterone does to individuals when applied long term.
The best use of this technology is minor changes to your child to both prevent genetic diseases and improve their coming life
But there is no Apex of humanity waiting in our genes, ready to burst out with the right catalyst. I mean, besides being Aryan.

that would take weeks of treatement using virus vectors if she was already born.

>Isolate genes in a FUCKING LOOBSTER

user, it just isn't that simple. First, it has to be specialized for all cells in a human.
If all cells were able to live forever that would present a problem.
Lengthening telomeres is the first step. This lengthens genetic lifespan, allowing humans to live longer, but that by itsellf is much more complex than you think. It has to be done for each specialized cell, and some cells have effects on other cells, programmed cell death and such. It's a huge field to be explored for the next 30-50 years. I'd advise investing in Calico, for all my fellow pollacks.

Secondly, the much larger problem at hand is how to approach psychology. If you tried living 200 years with the common human mindset, you'd want to die. Whether this can be approached from a scientific point is going to be up for debate, it may turn into psuedoscience, which by itself is not that bad. Most likely it's going to be largely spearheaded by the psychedelic/psychonaut community, along with large support from religious groups for the next couple hundred years.

It's what comes after ww3.

get behind me anons. I know my shit, I tell you what.

I'd rather open a brothel in Thailand providing GMO whores.a

Seems like the kikes are already scared of this technology

I've been arguing this since college it pisses me off so much

>It has to be done for each specialized cell
No, all cells have all the chromosomes. You only have to make the edits on the gametes.

We have enough muslims here already, thanx anyway

>tfw you were born too early to benefit from your parents making you a 10/10 150 iq designer baby with completely perfect health

Feels bad man. Unless they can do this with already living people I don't care.

>because it literally changes DNA you could commit crimes and change DNA becoming completely different and never get caught.

You can't change all of your DNA completely. It wouldn't get past the error tolerance of rigorous forensic sequencing. Additionally, you cannot edit DNA externally because it requires endogenous DNA Repair mechanisms (step 4 of your figure skips the entire Homologous Recombination step).

>muh lobster genes
It's not that simple. If you want to live longer, I suggest you be more like an invertebrate and reduce your oxidative stress (good fucking luck) .

CRISPR is an immesely powerful tool, but You're basically ignorant to its limitations and your diagram is grossly oversimplified.

t.biofag

Some cells are responsible for other cells. Brain cells in particular are confusing, as well as how the brain governs itself, is generally not well known, despite what you think. The human body is a complex machine. We have theories, but there is just too much uncertainty. Some cells govern other cells, but all cells seem to be able to govern themselves through concerted effort of consciousness. Otherwise scream bloody hell at me all you want.

>modify gene
>they stay children forever
I think you're onto something

im willing to bet there will be a shit load of failures doing this and babies will come out fucked up

Would they start out as boys first?

>need to know how changing the genes affects the body long term and that we don't accidentally create a cancerous abomination
that's where ethics-less countries come in handy

>you could commit crimes and change DNA becoming completely different and never get caught
>changing the DNA of a single cell changes the DNA of your entire body
>american education system

>If you tried living 200 years with the common human mindset, you'd want to die
This is completely baseless. All we have in terms of aging testimony are decrepit people with withering bodies, failing senses and clouded minds that sometimes do and sometimes do not wish to go on living. If we can preserve vitality, there's no reason to assume people will get tired of living. We have no idea how such people might think or feel.

Life fatigue sets in when people realize their prime is past and forever lost. Indefinite lifespan and youth will provide unlimited opportunity. In addition, humans forget.

>Most likely it's going to be largely spearheaded by the psychedelic/psychonaut community
>get behind me anons. I know my shit, I tell you what.

Have nogs ever advanced and gained technology that whites haven't gained 100 years beforehand?

But what about hunan population? Wouldn't you have to have guidelines regarding reproduction if suddenly the lifespan of everyone shot up to 200 or indefinitely? I realize that eventually everyone would still die because probability says that even if you were biologically immortal you'd have a fatal accident at some point but maybe this is not relevant to the question

>changing the DNA of a single cell changes the DNA of your entire body
It would if you did it on a zygote.

nono, you misunderstand me. I'm talking about common western ailments such as depression or anxiety, which can sometimes be lifelong. I'm with you.

My company pays me to direct efforts into understanding what makes human conscious, and what separated animal from human. That was already done for the most part, so we began to reference how genetics tied into it. I am by contract not allowed to say further, but there is evidence that when an individual animal has to focus on one thing repeatedly, future generations exhibit that trait slightly. Genetics is not completely just make a random change, it seems to be a concerted effort of consciousness with causes gene edits in dna.

You're meme is acceptable. You cannot know better. But I am more knowledgeable than you in this field.

They would have both a dick and a vagina of course.

I'm fine with removing genetic diseases, but making people exactly as you want them should be illegal.

I think it's simply the next step in our evolution. Except now we'll be the ones actively designing ourselves.
Can't wait for it, should be neat as fuck.

Although in my opinion it would be far more important to use the technology to prevent handicapped people from being born. So just fixing "broken" DNA, instead of engineering completely new humans.

>Kurzgesagt

>Although in my opinion it would be far more important to use the technology to prevent handicapped people from being born
But you could use said technology to ensure that they aren't born handicapped in the first place.

That's what I meant

jesus you Sup Forumslacks are morans

t. /sci/

Oh, I thought you meant eugenics. My bad.

Natural "fitness" can be circumvented. The reason side effects exist is due to feedback loops in the system that decide basically a genetically based limit.
Like if you look at one fairly simple aspect, like height or muscle mass, basically there are genetic and environmental triggers that affect enzymes in your body to tell it to stop growing.
So it can be done, and we will probablu see very simple things like fair skin, light eyes first and then height and muscle mass later but the first few generations might have unforseen effects.

Eugenics would be fine too in my opinion. Would just take longer but eventually you'd get the same results.

>and also because it literally changes DNA you could commit crimes and change DNA becoming completely different and never get caught

no.. you really can't, if you change the DNA of one cell in your body, every other cell in your body would still have the original DNA.
If your modified cell, where a stem cell, then they would multiply - but since you have thousands of stem cells then the number of cells containing the new DNA would be miniscule.
Secondly your immune system would detect abnormalities in these modified cells and would be prone to elicit an immune response.

The only way to genetic alter and organisme is to do it when it is a single cell and only contains one set of DNA.
Alternatively you could use a retro virus, since this would have the potential to alter the DNA of numerous cells - this however is something completely different.

>Although in my opinion it would be far more important to use the technology to prevent handicapped people from being born. So just fixing "broken" DNA, instead of engineering completely new humans.
You do not need any complex technology to prevent handicapped people from being born.
We could already today eliminate almost all genetic diseases. It is just, that society does not want to do that because of muh human rights, equality, tolerance, agency at whatnot. And until this mindset stays, no complex tech will save humankind.

Eugenics is a bandaid. Without scientific intervention, there's always the possibility of someone with physical/mental disabilities being born. Eugenics merely kills the afflicted, rather than directly addressing and permanently removing the root cause.

Yes, no fucking shit. But that wouldn't be changing DNA to evade justice would it? OP is fucking retarded.

>You're meme is acceptable. You cannot know better. But I am more knowledgeable than you in this field.
Sup Forums was right. You guys are degenerates.

The number of people born with down syndrome are decreasing year by year (pr. x newborns) in the west.
This is caused by the ability to screen for the disease at an early stage in the pregnancy and sub sequentially abort the baby if it had the disease.
Numerous of other genetic diseases are we still unable to screen for - like Huntington's diseases for example.

CRISPR is decades away from being used for this way. IVF with PGD will be how all children are conceived within the next 20 years. None of the risks of gene altering, all the eugenic benefits.

>st and the g
>island paradise full of niggers
>4% white

Nice proxy.

>IVF with PGD will be how all children are conceived within the next 20 years
that makes sense, since the majority of all children are being born in third world countries...

I would be surprised if the majority of the people on the planet 20 years from now would defecate in a toilet or have access to clean water.

This kinda of thing is what Ted Kaczynski also known as the "Unabomber" was warning us about.

whoa, didn't even know that state existed

Thank you for posting OP.

Technology doubling will cause the future to be the day after tomorrow.

>implying US hasn't run human trials
>implying China hasn't run human trials
>implying the UK hasn't run human trials
China has already official run trials on dogs.

We also need "Awoo for domestic ownership" as a side project.

We ZAFT soon.

DID THESE RETARDS NEVER WATCH GATTACA WHY WON'T THEY STOP REEEEEEEEEE

Wow what a cunt
>This was not 4 u cuz you're full of hate
>I hate you, we're clearly superior than you and our worldviews are always correct. Fuck you u rayciscum I hope u die because I don't seem to agree with this specific issue which is far more complex than what I tell people it is.
>Science

I mean, I enjoy their videos, but yeah.

>there is evidence that when an individual animal has to focus on one thing repeatedly, future generations exhibit that trait slightly. Genetics is not completely just make a random change, it seems to be a concerted effort of consciousness with causes gene edits in dna.

I've heard this said by LOTS of bio-wave-higher-plane-of existence-eastern-philosophy-influenced pseudo-scientists... I'm glad people are working to shed some light on common sense but incredibly hard to prove eastern philosophy theories.

I'd like to know if any work is done on global consciousness (in animals, particularly) - there was an experiment done on crows'(i think) behavior in different parts of the globe: when populations on one continent learned a new behavior, populations on other continents exhibited uncanny similarities. Of course, the peer review was atrocious, it seemed the study had flawed methodology, but it's worth digging into it.

As if our morals would apply to such a world.

Thats would be like a 1900 man saying he would never fuck and chuck bitches, without knowing what a living hell relationships are in a gynocentric society.

>not helping people in need is a shitty thing to do
>not understanding that helping people in need comes at a cost

When you have a limited supply of food for the winter, housing another family might mean nobody fucking survives the fucking winter. Everyone dies.

The question should be: what is the cost of helping these people, and can we afford it?

As someone who actually works with crispr designer babies are not that close and neither is the type of DNA engineering you're talking about with criminals.

The efficiency as it stands now of this is way overblown.

As someone who works with plasmids and SiRNA, CRISPR is shit technology and way overblown

>Before you know it youre gonna grow an arm out of your leg because the muscle cells in your legs thinks they should use the DNA of your arm

The DNA in the muscles of your leg and those of your arm are exactly the same.

whoa, PLASMIDS?! Cutting edge stuff over here guys!!

CRISPR is most certainly not a shit technology and is very useful, but it is not to the point that it's going to be used in the clinic anytime soon. If it was shit UCSD and the Broad wouldn't be about to blow the other up to get the patent rights.