Is trade work the ultimate redpill, Sup Forums? I'm in college and I'm wondering if I fell for a meme here...

Is trade work the ultimate redpill, Sup Forums? I'm in college and I'm wondering if I fell for a meme here. Should I get out before I end up in even more denbts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQWjA7u9LzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Trades are actual work and making things.

Of course actual work is better for everyone than simple paper pushing.

Welding is for drop outs and dopes. But yeah it's pretty damn red pilled. Wish Canada's economy didn't suck and I could get back to work. What do you like to do user?

Keep in mind Trades are no different than college.

You can go to college and spend years of your life learning chemical engineering to go run an oil rig. You can also go to college and spend years learning "creative writing".

You can spend years of your life aprenticing under a welder to eventually go work on an oil rig, or you can spend years of your life aprenticing under a florist to grow flowers.

The issue is, has, and always will be what you choose to spend your time learning.

im gonna go to trade school in texas and become an electrician

Carpentry is my fantasy job to be honest desu

Get an associates in math/science degree, and no debt.

Then decide, if you want to keep on going with a bachelors.

Don't take the communist brainwashing classes.

Do it, by virtue of learning that skill, you will be introduced to the world of construction. If you want to build a house, you must familiarize yourself with 100 skills.

Trade is your entry.

It is redpilled

college is really only a meme if you are taking a shit major. Sure you might have to sit through a required diversity credit or whatever they call it but at the end of the day you shouldn't let it affect you.

Carpentry is pretty hard work user. At least if you're framing houses or something. It isn't something you can keep doing into your 50's usually because your body is going to be so broken down. Some thing with masonry.

t. guy that grew up around carpenters

Stay in college until after your 6th mandatory dont hate gays and blacks class. Then you can tell eveyone you spent 5,000$ feels classes.

That's pretty rough. I'm not really interested in retiring in my 50s, but I hope I would be experienced enough to go into the business aspect of my trade once I reach that period
I already don't hate gays and blacks, but I absolutely loathe gay blacks. What do?

This.

Right now, I'm a project manager, software architect and security expert, I make a fortune, and everything is fine with my life. Kinda.

I hate my job, and actually, I'm at my job right now and look at me not working at all because I'm fucking bored out of my mind. I'm just a cog in the machine, there's no real "end" to my job, I never see the results of it and thus there is no satisfaction to it. I spend my days drinking coffee and arguing over completely pointless shit. If I was to REALLY do my job as an engineer, that is studying problems and presenting solutions, I would enter the CEO's office and tell him to shut down the company because it's so fucking useless from top to bottom and there are so many better things shareholders could do with their money. Instead, I make a ton of money I can't use because I'm bound to my desk, and the only way I could have fun with all this money, aside from buying pricey electronics that fry my frain or fancy sports cars that will never go above 40MPH because Paris, would be to leave my job and fuck off to the other side of the planet and do fucking something else already.

I tried changing my life while keeping this job. Well... I can't. The kind of job I do isn't found everywhere. You may think it is, well no, it's not. There are only few places on the planet with big enough companies where I can do what I do, otherwise I'm bound to work in a shitty company, get a shitty salary, so much I'd end up in a worse situation than the lowest factory worker. Meanwhile, any carpenter or nurse can find a job in literally any place in the world. Oh they won't make the money I do, but they'll be living in delicious Thai islands, or under the sun of Nicaragua, enjoying delicious fresh food everyday, living a peaceful life, going surfing or scuba diving every week, while I get to life my classy, high-tech, expensive, stressful, depressing lifestyle in fucking Paris that for some reason so many people envy.

>but I hope I would be experienced enough to go into the business aspect of my trade once I reach that period

Yeah if you're good that's the way to do it. You work on a crew for 10-20 years, gain a ton of experience (which WILL happen if you aren't an idiot), and then go for your GC license and start a company with your own crew.

When I was saying that I knew some older guys that had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning to do carpentry work it was their fault for not moving forward. They took carpentry jobs because of the money when they were in their 20's and just kept at it never pursuing anything more. 30 years later they're just drinking beer/smoking weed but with a body that can barely move anymore.

Competent contractors can make very good money. But don't be a crook.

I can barely walk after every day at work. I gotta find something else.

Check out this guy though. Makes me feels like a pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=QQWjA7u9LzM

You can do both.
College is only a 4 year thing unless you go for a masters or phd.

Always have a backup plan.

T. College grad/ aircraft mechanic

I met a Frenchman who gave up his job at a management consulting firm in order to start a chain of bakeries in south Brazil. He told me that he could actually use his expertise in Controlling (may be wishful thinking though)

I'm a machinist and I like it. I'm sure I'm underpaid for what I do but I genuinely don't care. I spend 80% of my time reading or here. I'm going to have to find something else to do when 3D printing steel becomes a reality.

And then one day you find yourself in the middle of Bumfuckistan and realize none of your skills are useful and you can't even explain to people what your job is. And that day is when you realize your whole career is one big fucking mistake, because while you make so much money, you can never fully enjoy it and feel like you're fucking useless, while others have all the fun every single day making barely a tenth of that. You know what's really eating me? Seeing people thank doctors, masons, bakers and waiters for their good work. No one ever did that for me. No one ever thanked me for anything I've done. No one knows I've done it. No one gives a care. I'm not doing anything useful, I'm not serving any sane purpose.

In the end it's all about money. Clearly money is needed to be happy, but thing is, the paths to follow to get tons of it simply aren't worth it. Better walk the other paths, the ones where you make just enough for a simple life, and get happy with the things that are free: living in the mountains and running through snow, swimming in crystal clear seas with turtles, having a drink and laughing with your family and friends, watching the sun go down...

I'm now trying to turn my life around, give up on all this bullshit, and do something else. Something that brings smiles on people's faces, something they would thank me for. I'll probably end up opening a bar/restaurant somewhere in southeast Asia, or a bakery. Everyone love's French food and pastries, and my managing skills are more than enough to make it happen. Or maybe I'll learn a trade, I'm not too old for that. And then maybe I'll feel like I'm doing something worthwhile with my life.

But clearly, trades are the way to go. Look at what you use every day, look at what makes people smile, and just follow that.

Hey Paco, don't forget the wrench in the fan again

Heh, well that's my current idea.

About that, maybe I'm exaggerating things, I did learn many useful things. They're just not being put to use in the kinds of jobs that pay well. But clearly they would be put to great use in a bakery, or any other kind of business. STEM-like courses aren't useless, but they should be put to use to complement and improve trades, not lead to cerebral masturbation for the sole purpose of watching bank accounts fill up like it's currently used.

Though my experiences will help me, I still have a lot to learn if I want to start my own non-computery business.

There's a reason most people advocating trades are youngsters and people who haven't ever worked one like yourself. You need to stop aggrandising trades - there are plenty of unhappy tradesmen out there as there are unhappy software engineers or whatever else.

Everybody is having an informative conversation, but of course there is always 1 guy who cant help himself and be a douchebag for no reason.

that's cool as fuck man. I actually thought about doing that too when I was younger
I am teaching a degenerate liberal art at my local university now and love it though

Should I go HVAC or sparky Sup Forums already done my preapprenticeship so ready to take on whichever. Like working outside

Thats funny, Ive thought about teaching myself. Hows a teacher's pay in germoney?

Not everyone is fit for one thing user. Some people do well in the trades, some dont, some do well in college. If you are studying engineering or accounting or something that will actually give you a job, keep with it.

If you are studying a meme degree like Mass Communications, then yeah. You might want to take a semester off and explore other options in trade schools.

My friend studies something to do with safty in college, and now hes a safty guy on an oil rig and is making a killing.

typical public sector pay (varies between 30k for a full time lecturer/PhD to around 60k for a professor).
It's not much honestly, especially if you come from a wealthy family like me where people regularly make ten times that money but I'm so glad I didn't fall for the career meme when I was 20

It's decently paid work and there's always demand somewhere. The real money is in starting your own trade company though.

Yeah I know that. then I listened to their reasons and found out they were still happier than I am.

Stop aggrandising desk jobs, they're hell.

I run cranes for a living and I'm really satisfied, I'm also a certified welder, I do well user and trades are pretty high in demand

Trades/blue collar men are the ones who actually make a society function, from a welder t a simple truck driver.

Depending on what you're in college for, my advice would be, uness you're hellbent on a STEM degree, take time off. Maybe just spend a summer apprenticing in a trade.

One summer when I was in highschool I ran into one of my teachers, he was wearing a mechanics shirt. We started talking and during the summer months he worked as an auto mechanic. I asked him why and his respose was "What am I oing to do? Sit on my ass all summer?"

At the very least you'll have something to fall back on and working in a trade gives you a bit more freedom as far as location and where you live.

I dunno if there's anything special about trade work per se, but hard work is a big-ass redpill for sure, yes.

Brother went to PTI for only 2 years for electrical engineering, came out with a little over 30k in college debt, at age 20 his program found him a job with a military contractor that pays 40k a year, with a 401k, 3 weeks paid vacation, and benefits