140 episode HBO series on a mercenary company in the 30 Years War when?

140 episode HBO series on a mercenary company in the 30 Years War when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vAcrIr84OdQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croats_(military_unit)#Legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

goddamn it OP i want that so badly now
it will never be made and my life will never be complete

Half the company will be females and blacks or muslims.
It's better if they stay away from the European history.

>This actually happened

What's going on in pic related?

The problem with the 30 years war as a setting is that most of the action takes place over just 2-3 years.

Still not a bad idea. It could directly take inspiration from Robert Munro's memoirs, which I recommend to you OP if you want to read the annals of a real merc company in the war.

Catholic French Cardinal Richellieu is overseeing the siege of the Protestant French stronghold of La Rochelle. In that specific piece, an English fleet attempting to relieve La Rochelle is being blocked.

The siege of la rochelle

write a treatment for it and post it

>more hbo medieval war series
yawn

>Wanting to see Jewish producers fuck up medieval stuff when they force in their PC bullshit

Yeah, no. When I want medieval stuff, historical or fantastical I don't care, I stick to books or even videogames. Series and films fuck it up. I'm already scared as fuck by Netflix doing The Witcher

>Series and films fuc-

Alatriste was pretty good. One of the few movies set in 17th century Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=vAcrIr84OdQ

>implying the 30 years war wasn't a bunch of mercenaries using serious religious conflict as an excuse to loot the entire countryside of Europe
If it weren't for Adolphus the whole thing would have been a waste of time

>B-tier movie most people haven't heard of
I mean, you have a point but still

>Alatriste
Alatriste is shit if you've read the books (which I did when I was 11) because the movie absolutely butchers them.

30 Years War is such an underrated war. It was literally the WW1 of the 17th century and one of the most depressing and fucked up episodes of European history.

You mean like this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croats_(military_unit)#Legacy
>At the beginning of the 20th century mothers still scared their children with tales about evil Croats because of the atrocities committed by the Croats during the 1631 Sack of Magdeburg.[15] The population of eastern France compared all invasions after the Thirty Years' War with stories about Croats and Swedes who ravaged their territory in the 1630s.[16] Some prayers still contain text which says: "God save us from the plague, hunger, war and the Croats"

I might do this tomorrow. I'm thinking that the main character should be a Scot who loses his home, so he brings his wife, two teenage daughters and 12 year old son with him to Germany. Most of the episodes would take place either inside a beseiged city or around it in the siege camp. Plots would revolve around camp politics the father's attempts to provide for and protect his family while not getting killed himself, by enemies he makes on both sides of the war.

I bet there is already a good anime like this

You would think so given how popular Germany is in animes but there aren't any 30YW animes that I know of.

>anime
>good

some of the best modern cinema is anime, accept it or fuck off

The amount of Thirty Years War media out there can be probably counted on just one hand.
I believe Hollywood only made one movie set in that war, and it's a pretty old movie starring a young Michael Caine as a mercenary commander.

no surprise. croats have historically been eastern europe's biggest assholes.

t. Serb