What if DC and Marvel were the same Company

Hi there guys,

I was just thinking that it's kind of a shame that DC and Marvel can't be in the same Universe for any considerable period of time; sure we've had a few crossovers and what not, but nothing where they stay together.

So lets just say that Marvel and DC become owned by the same company so all the toys could play together you do a Crisis event thing which combines the Universes, not in the amalgam way but in a way in which Superman and Hulk are in the same Universe. What are some stories you'd want to see come out of this?

Off the top of my head personally I'd enjoy seeing:

>Batman vs Doctor DOOM
>Spider-Man joining the (Teen) Titans
>Wolverine getting jobbed by Wonder Woman
>Hulk vs Lobo
>Namor seducing Mera

What stories or ideas would you enjoy if Marvel and DC were in the same universe?

Do you think it would be better or worse overall?

Would you change up the lineup of the Justice League or the Avengers?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/69168240
desuarchive.org/co/thread/72611784/#72653460
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iconic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I was just thinking that it's kind of a shame that DC and Marvel can't be in the same Universe

It's not. It's really, really not. I say that as someone who loves both.

I mean, we don't know how the world would be if they were in one universe because that's not how things ended up happening, and I'm not trying to make a company wars things as both companies have made some dumb fuck publishing moves in their respective histories.

But I guess it's more that I'd like to go to a Universe where they are in the same Universe as they stand.

And don't even tell me that Lex and DOOM teaming up in some big event wouldn't be kind of cool.

Or Richards keeping on trying to get Bruce Wayne to join the Future Foundation or something?

Sure, I know that some characters would fall by the wayside pretty quickly (I'm not looking a Namor, but I'm looking at Namor), but I think it would be really cool to explore.

Also, I think a revived Green Arrow, Green Lantern book with the addition of the Hulk could be really awesome!

Having the cancers of DC and the cancers of Marvel working together will only result in super cancer. Just imagine Bendis and Lobdell writing a book together. It will be a colossal mess.

I'm talking about the characters; not the writers. Writers come and go, it's the characters who stay.

It would be a disaster. The Marvel and DC universes are overcrowded as it is.

Hickman's Time runs out and Morrison's multiversity pretty much stealth crossover with each other

The characters are nothing without the writers.

>stealth
>implying it wasn't Hypercrisis

>Namor seducing Mera

i'd buy that issue.

>>Namor seducing Mera
I didn't know that I wanted to see this.

Doctor Strange and Ras Al Ghul being "Epic White Sidebern Bros"

Spider-Man is 28 years old

The other Spider-Man :^)

And/or classic Spidey early in his career, if we're retconning history to fit this merged universe.

>Namor and aquaman as the twin kings of Atlantis
>GL corp working as space cops featuring Nova corps as FBI douchebags for shenanigans
>the endless having to deal with the constant cosmic bullshit marvel pulls

I like it

A Flash and Spider-Man team up would be fun.
Two needs who would hang out eating a burger while Eobard and Otto are planning some shit

If DC and Marvel were the same company, they'd behave exactly like DC. DC is completely defined by being the company that has Superman (and to a lesser extent, Batman.) DC stories are always aspiring to unearned significance as mythology and cornerstones of Western culture. Marvel, meanwhile, never had really iconic characters, so instead it focused on telling good stories about people. Marvel's most popular character isn't defined by how perfect he is (like Superman and Batman are) but by how he's an ordinary dude who generally tries to do the right thing but can't catch a break and makes a lot of mistakes, both physical and moral. If Spider-Man were a DC character, he'd be treated pretty much the same as Plastic Man - someone who's not perfect and therefore a joke.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/69168240

Thinking marvel puts out good stories of people is hilarious, both companies just want to make money, sure some writers want to be iconic or have depth but for the most part its just about money and DC lucked into being iconic due to their history, marvel could have been too but they are too worried about pandering and making more money

>the company that has Superman (and to a lesser extent, Batman.)
Wrong way round, champ.

How can both Namor and Aquaman be kings?
Is Atlantis a Diarchy like Sparta?

Superman hasn't been the best-selling character for a long time, but he still defines the way DC treats all is characters, including Batman. DC wants everybody to be a perfect mythological archetype, because that's what Superman is. If Batman were a Marvel character, he'd probably be just a street-level guy like Daredevil. There'd be less emphasis on him being infallible and having a plan to deal with absolutely everything.

Have 2 atlantis, have a war of atlantis', winner gets the throne but really they make them city states and they both rule their own

Something like that, maybe:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/72611784/#72653460
>sort of like the original Plantagenet rise to power; The old king 's first son (Aquaman's bloodline) was crazier than shit, so the old king passed his crown to Namor, with the caveat that it passes back into the blood after Namor passes- not knowing that Namor is basically immortal. (Namor didn't know either)

>Later Namor disappeared after WWII, and they found Arthur, and made him king.

>He's struggling with it, through no fault of his own- shit's just really fucking hard right now, and the people aren't happy-

>and then Namor shows up.

>Boom.

>Namor as sort of an older, vizierish kind of figure, but with a legitimate claim to the throne.

>Arthur as the purehearted, legitimate heir, but (strictly speaking) illegally occupying the throne.

So why not play with a Sparta vs Athens logic?
It could make for some good stories.

And how would we fit the Invaders and the Justice Society? Two different fronts?
More importantly, I'd like to see a meeting with Doom, Black Adam, Namor, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, that one indian dude, Black Bolt.

Backstory civil war that split the kingdom in two, similar to Korea.

I could see Namor as a regent then splitting off.

Of course they're both trying to make money; that's beside the point. They have two totally different strategies for making money.

If the shitty Civil War arc still happened, who would side with whom?

Id guess most bigger dc would police the inner fighting and kinda have their own independent side while the smaller heroes join sides

>Namor seducing Mera
>Namor ever touching a filthy redhead

I honestly couldn't see Batman being for it or staying neutral, though I'd certainly see some GLs and specially Superman trying to contain the shitstorm.

I just figured for batman, hes too influential so whatever side he joins gets the batfam which gets titans which gets teen titans

Could counteract it by giving the opposite side a heavy hitter like Billy.

Batman would definitely be anti.

Superman is the big question mark. He'd lean toward anti, but if he did go anti then it would quickly become superheroes vs. the government instead of a split among heroes.

Maybe Superman would stay out of the conflict, like the Thing and Doctor Strange?

He's Superman. He can't stay out of it without fleeing the planet.

>Galactus would be the cause of Krypton's destruction.
>The Eternals and Deviants would be off-shoots or colonist from New Genesis and Apokolips.
>The Forth World splitting into New Genesis and Apokolips would be caused the Celestials.
>The Nova Corps would be an another attempt by the Controllers to compete with the Guardians.
>Capitan Comet would've one the first recruits for the X-Men.
>Specter would make the "Spirit of Vengeance" Ghost Rider redundant.
>Avenger and JLA line-ups might be different (Batman being an Avenger, Captian America being a member of the JLA).
>Dr. Strangefate should be the one Amalgam character to actually exist.
>Watchers would be another off-shoot of the Oans.
>The Green Lantern Corps would've gotten involved in the Kree/Skrull wars.
>Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne are business partners.
>The whole thing with Hal Jordan and Parallax didn't happen. Instead the Annihilation Wave took out the GLC, Oa, and most of the Guardians, and the central power battery, leaving Ganthet with a lone ring and battery to make Kyle Rayner the last GL and host for Ion.
>Gladiator would be a Daxamite, and Daxam would be a part of the Shi'ar Empire... till Phoenix destroyed it when she ate it's sun.
>Storm and Wonder Woman become best friends.
>Black Panther marries Vixen.
>Wolverine leads the Suicide Squad under Amanda Waller's orders.
>Jubliee is killed during a mission with the Teen Titans.

>Namor and his Atlantians would be a third race living in Atlantis along side Aquaman's and the merpeople.
>Batman would help out Ironman during the Armor Wars, and the armored Batman that appeared during Knight Fall would've been Tony in a bat suit he made to fill in for Bruce while he healed.
> Chameleon Boy from the Legion of Superheroes is a Skrull.
>Lex Luthor as president and Norman Osborn as leader of H.A.M.M.E.R.
>Mongol and Lex Luthor are members of the Cabal
>And Batman and Martian Manhunter are members of the Illuminati
>Booster Gold dies with the New Warriors
>J.Jonah Jameson is editor of the daily planet. Wilson Fisk is an influential businessman (and crime lord) in Gotham City.
>Apocalypse and Ra's al Ghul are rivals
>Hawkeye used to be Speedy.
>Dr.Strangefate is a disciple of Zatana the Ancient One.
>The Martian Manhunter works as an emissary between the Inhumans and Earth as he is the only nonnative living in Attilan.
>The Blackest Night is a lot more dire because of the sheer presence of dead X-Men.
>Booster Gold actually steals the Quantum Bands and uses them to go back in time and be a hero, as a result he's involved in cosmic affairs more although he is an invaluable asset to Rip Hunter and his efforts to bring an end to the efforts of the Time Criminal known as Kang.
>The Lazarus Pits are thought to have originated due to groundwater pollution following the crash of the alien vessel containing Fin Fang Foom.
>The existence of Asgard comes in to question due to several technological and architectural similarities with New Genesis.
>The Phalanx are led by Brainiac in Annihilation Conquest.
>A more tame regeneration of Solomon Grundy works as a butler in the Sanctum Sanctorum, his interactions with Wong are comedy gold.
>Despite having no magical ties, a Madrox dupe joins the Trench-coat Brigade.
>Vandal Savage is actually a prototype of the genetic testing the Kree preform on ancient humans that would create the Inhumans.

>Howard the Duck gets a restraining order on the Zoo Crew, because people have stopped thinking he's a midget in a duck costume and that he is a member of the Zoo crew and has powers. He also has been renting out a room in Animal Man's house ever since he and Beverly Switzler moved west so she could get more modeling work.
>Ray Palmer is an old college friend of Reed Richards and his research helped lead to the discovery of the Microverse and as a result Psychoman becomes the Atom's arch nemesis.
>The scar on Jonah Hex's face is thought to be attributed to hellfire from a fight with the Phantom Rider.
>Mogo's anti social behavior is thought to be attributed to his cousin Ego.
>The Daily Bugle goes bankrupt because of their anti-metahuman campaign and is acquired by the Daily Planet. Perry White is the editor-in-chief, and J. Jonah Jameson is the editor. Peter Parker and Jimmy Olsen are friends, and so are Parker and Clark Kent, who are unaware of each others' secret identities. Jameson hates Clark for always disappearing, but can't fire him because he's White's "Golden boy" and married to Lois Lane. Robbie Robertson and Ron Troupe are friends, Steve Lombard is always hitting on Betty Brant, and Cat Grant is currently trying to seduce Parker because she thinks this will help her figure out Spider-Man's secret identity and top Lois by exposing it.
>Captain American and Jim Hammond were part of the All Star Squadron.
>SHIELD and Checkmate are rival organizations.
>Hank Pym was classmates with Will Magnus and Ray Palmer while studying under T.O. Morrow
>Deathstroke is the result of a failed attempt to reproduce the Supersoldier Program that turned Steve Rogers into Captain America, and is one of the Captain America's enemies. In an effort to rehabilitied Deathstroke's daughter, Ravager, Captain America takes her in and convinces her to join the Young Avengers.

>Nick Fury and Joe Rock were Army buddies, and both continued young after taking the Infinity formula. After Fury is forced to step down after the Secret War, Rock becomes the new director of SHIELD.
>The Hulk and Captain Atom were created by the same blast. Bruce Banner develops the Gamma Bomb for the government in order to test the durability of the dilusteel capsule they created, but isn't told that there will be a live human test subject, Captain Nathaniel Adams, inside the capsule. Banner rushes out to the site in and attempt to save Adams but is too late and gets caught in the blast, thus becoming the Hulk. Some time later, Adams reappears, having become Captain Atom and gets put to work for General Ross as a first-line anti-Hulk weapon. Captain Atom's ability to control radiation, as well as his strength and durability, make him the Hulk's strongest enemy.
>Ages ago, Teth Adam defended the land of Egypt from the menace of Apocalypse. It was during these troubled times that Adam's heart was hardened and he eventually became Black Adam. His tyrannical rule over the ancient world was at last brought to an end by Thor. The two titans were too evenly matched in power, prompting Thor to used Mjolnir's magic to banish Black Adam to a distant realm. Centuries later, Loki summons Black Adam back from exile to engage his brother in battle once again. Thor is aided this time by Black Adam's heroic successor, Captain Marvel.

>Norman Osborne becomes Lex Luthor's running mate, with the tacit support of an early version of the Cabal which includes Doctor Doom, Ra's Al Ghul, Vandal Savage and the Leader. Namor is invited to join the group but declines, pre-occupied with a civil war in Atlantis lead by his cousin Aquaman. Secret War happens around the same time as this, with Fury uncovering evidence linking the two to Latveria, the League of Shadows and AIM/Hydra with Intergang and the Kingpin as intermediaries. However, Fury is driven underground before he can reveal this information to the public and fails to stop them reaching the White House, he bides his time planning retribution with covert support from Batman, who is the only person he trusts but not by much. Meanwhile, Luthor and Osborne force the SHRA through Congress causing the Civil War. With the Avengers forced into taking the side of the US Government dozens of heroes defect to the Justice League which re-brands itself as the JLI and offers amnesty to fugitive American heroes. Captain America and a small group of heroes stay behind to form the Secret Avengers with support from Nick Fury and Batman, but the JLI finds out about this and kicks Batman out of the League to prevent a conflict with the US Government and the Avengers. Cap is still assassinated but his body is stolen by the League of Assassins, with Luthor's blessing, in hopes that they might find a way to infuse the Lazarus Pits with the properties of the Super Soldier Serum. Ammanda Waller becomes the Director of SHIELD and forces it to merge with Checkmate. Under pressure from the White House, she begins a thorough investigation of Wayne Corp forcing Batman to devote a lot of time to covering his tracks.

>Aquaman and Namor are cousins, their Atlantean mothers were sisters and both part of the royal family. Namor grew up in Atlantis, being shunned and hated for his half-breed heritage, fueling his rage and hatred of his fellow Atlanteans. He was also a mutant, and used his incredible strength to become Atlantis' first super-villain. Aquaman, meanwhile, was raised on the surface and came to know his true heritage much later. He was begrudgingly accepted as a legitimate heir to the throne but won the approval of the ruling council when he defended Atlantis against Namor, employing his own mutant gifts to telepathically command sea creatures. Aquaman has since become king of Atlantis, while Namor became an outlaw. They have both spent time as surface heroes, joinging the JLA and Avengers respectively, despite Namor's criminal status in Atlantis.

Except for one or two, these were all pretty good. Especially love the Black Adam/Thor idea.

I would read the fuck out of all of this.

Does the Punisher get a Yellow or Red Lantern ring?

Both.

So what would his oath be?

A more important question is, how would he react to someone like say Huntress and other street level DC characters?

Or Batman.
>yfw he franks Joker

This is pretty damn cool.

>Lobdell
This guy currently is writing one of the best rebirth books.

>If Spider-Man were a DC character, he'd be treated pretty much the same as Plastic Man - someone who's not perfect and therefore a joke.
>Implying Plas hasn't been one of the most valuable JL reservists for years now

Red Hood?
I haven't even touched it because of the over-the-top edge-lordyness inherent in Red Hood. Maybe he's not so lame anymore but holy crap all that fucking leather alone makes him out of place in comics not published in the 00's
DC ruined Lobo by trying to parody over the top edge cheese of the 00's and then accidentally self parodies themselves with a serious character.

Why would you kill off Jubilee?

I think it would be worse, because the next thing would be "Yet another Crisis of Infinite Crossover Champions" merging the worlds, retconning pretty much everything to play rather less than more well together and dumbing down the whole thing and making it even more mainstream...

I think a Skrull VS Khund space hero crossover event would be pretty cool

this would be canon

Also love both, and agree completely.

Tell me about it. Red Hood is my favorite rebirth series and characters are just great.

You didn't touch the book because the main character wear leather jacket? Seriously, man?

>marvel
>not iconic

Do deecee elitists actually believe this?

We know Namor would rather steal Arthur away from Mera, anyway.

He does love blondies.

And the outsiders, and Kyle Rayner and martian manhunter, and zatanna

They know that Iconic doesnt mean "popular".

Most DC stuff isnt iconic either. But in general, outside the fantastic 4 tropes,marvel isnt iconic, and that includes spiderman

Would Clark be sent to Xavier School for gifted children?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iconic

Educate yourself friend.
Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and the X-Men are all iconic properties by the very book definition. Your personal opinions don't change this fact.

It'd be fun for a while, then when you've gone through all the interesting character interactions and ships, it would just turn into shit.

>someone who's not perfect and therefore a joke.

You mean like how Marvel's been treating him the past eight years or so?

>Do you think it would be better or worse overall?

This is hard, because a combined DCU/MCU with only a few characters from one side or both works. DC itself is made up of a bunch of different companies' comic characters: Charlton, Fawcett, Quality, Wildstorm, and sometimes Milestone. And if you take Captain Marvel into account, he's diminished somewhat on the merged DC Earth and shines more on his own Earth. The tone of his stories was generally more lighthearted (while he was on his own Earth) while his being on DC Earth made things more serious.

I think a similar problem might come up with the X-Men. If they're on the DC Earth you have to downplay mutant hatred compared to the regular Marvel Universes because it's even less logical than MCU humans liking the FF while hating the X-Men.

Or, if you want to keep the mutant prejudice thing going but want to have Superman in their world, then create a different Earth where Superman's more like the Snyder Man of Steel version, to escalate that paranoia that's directed toward the X-Men.

The mutants wouldn't all be dead

>Captain America formula is stolen and modified by Vandal Savage, who has been orchestrating WW2 for years.
>Vandal Savage gives Red Skull the modified formula and that is used to create Captain Nazi
>Captain, unable to beat the newly created Captain Nazi and the Hydra on his own, creates the Invaders, which in this unvierse consists of Black Canary, Flash, Namor, Wildcat, Dr.Fate and the Atom.

Also, Captain is the grandfather of the modern Black Canary.

>The incident created Captain Atom also created the Hulk, with the incident creating Captain Atom being in the 90s as opposed to the 70s.
>He'd still be a forced to work for the US government, but his main objective would be to stop Hulk.

>Wade Elling, jealous of Thunderbolt Ross' power as Red Hulk, takes the body of Shaggyman in an attempt to compete.

Well, that depends. Who would own it?
I mean if the guy who owns Marvel owns DC, you wouldn't get any of what you're hoping for there.
See, you would not get this Batman vs. Dr. Doom because Batman would have retired and a teenage black girl super-genius would be the next Batman (BatMAN because calling her Batgirl is sexist. Teenage super-genius black girls can be Batman too, you fucking bigots!).

Why Sup Forums is so dead today?

So in this crossover, She-Hulk and Power Girl would be friends, right?

Other than Bruce and Stark being business partners/friends I really enjoyed most of these.

If you have Bruce and Tony in the same universe I would really play up Iron Man as a capitalist/Randian superhero. Not that he only rescues people to get paid, but that he really cares about his businesses and is firmly anti big government.

I'd also have Booster Gold idolise Iron Man.

Galactus being the caused of Krypton's destruction is fucking awesome!

Would be cool if he perhaps went there for a little bit as a teenager but Charles realised he wasn't a mutant, but he's bffs with the original X-Men and is like an honourary X-Men member.

So you can have like the Adventures of Superman as a Boy be him teaming up with the OG X-Men instead of the Legion of Superheroes and he was a weird X-Men/Superman hybrid costume.

>Captain is the grandfather of the modern Black Canary.

I dig this!