The jews were slaves, but they were black

so why did it take god so long to help the hebrews

A SINGLE THREAD IN A TAPESTRY

THOUGH ITS COLOR BRIGHTLY SHINE

LAI LAI LAI LAI LEE LAI LAI
LAI LAI LAI LAI LAI LAI LAI LAI

>Egyptians use slaves
>

He was busy figuring out Moses and Aron, writing his autobiography, and filtering through all the "dear lord, please kill my neighbor" prayers.

Moses had to escape his royal lifestyle to speak to God

Zipporah > every other 2d waifu

CAN NEVER SEE IT'S PURPOSE

IN THE PATTERN OF THE GRAND DESIGN

user, I...

AND THE STONE THAT SITS ON THE VERY TOP
OF THE MOUNTAIN'S MIGHTY FACE

CHI

DOES IT THINK IT ANY BETTER

THAN THE STONES THAT FORM THE BASE

those closest to God have to suffer the most as a test of their faith

easy mistake to make fellas ;)

What made her such a good waifu was that she was the very embodiment of female virtue: Gentle and compramising, empathic, caring, honest, devoted, etc.

She embodies some of the wilder parts of femininity without functioning outside the frame of female virute, so though she is the line walker in that domain, she still holds true to the virtues of devotion and empathy.

>Sup Forums? why are 2d waifus better than 3d?

sauce?

The hebrews as the chosen people needed to endure suffering to understand the suffering of the sojourner.
That was God's attempt to open their eyes, so they would be more receptive to the Covenant and so they would fear him mighty and wonderful nature when he liberates them. All in G's plan.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

It pisses me off how good this is. Religion is cancer and yet this movie somehow gives us an amazing story with beautiful animation and interesting characters...in a story where a flaming bundle of twigs talks.

*tips fedora*

Fucking love this movie so god damn much

So why didn't they call it Chel Dorado?

Mi'lady

No Chel was a slut

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

how did they cover moses killing an egyptian for beating a jew?

>I watched Jordan Peterson a few times and now I spout off archetypal bullshit on Sup Forums

Embarrassing as fuck.

How did they cover the fact that the ancient Egyptians weren't black

>BLOOM BLOOM MAY YOU GROW!

The feels were too heavy desu, Prince of Egypt is a better movie overall but Prince of Dreams is more relatable on so many levels

>Some gift, the dreams are a lie.
>WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?!

HOL
UP

>Jordan Peterson
who?

archetypes existed long before jordan peterson bro

>THERE CAN BE MIRACLES
>WHEN JEWS BELIEVE
>THEY MAY BE FRAIL
>BUT THEY'RE HARD TO KILL

Woah, Raimi

How on earth did this get through the censors?

Why do these lines give me such deep feels?

Any sultry caramel qt Egyptians in this?

>haha praise KEK xD
reported for being underaged

Stop being an atheist

Start going to Mass

Zipporah is best girl

Atheist here

I hate religion too but realize Christianity's importance in developing our culture

youtube.com/watch?v=Gur8ccqrQ9c

this movie makes me wish I was religious

shit man that's where I recognize Gal Gadot from

HERE IN THIS BURNING SAND

It's a cool story but it's not very practical for anyone, religious or otherwise. If you want to understand the actual thoughts/feelings/beliefs of Jews/Christians read the Ketuvim. I don't know why so many Christians still use Exodus to proselytize, I mean it's a great story that has produced a lot of good art but it's largely part of origin mythos and is as relatable to the average person's life as the Greek myths are.

Thats the whole point. If it was true, you wouldn't have to sell it.

Disney will never be able to surpass this kino

I wonder how many furries spawned from animation movies with animals like this

that isn't furry though, thats straight up bestiality. Yes, I do recognize the image.

Which is better, Prince of Egypt or Exodus?

>Believing slavery didn't exist in Egypt

Say what you will about the use of slaves for the three oldest pyramids. The majority of the pyramids were built using slave labor and indentured servitude as were the great Sphinx, the Luxor temple, the mortuary temple, etc etc. Literally the valley of kings had more slaves buried there than kings.

Considering she seems to be intelligent... I don't know, man

Reddit pls go.

bad post

I AM THE SWORD
I AM THE SCOURGE

Reminder that jews are actually caananites whose priestly caste gradually consolidated the worship of the caananite pantheon to El alone and made up everything until about Saul and David.

Who made man's mouth!? Who made the DEAF, the mute, the SEEING OR THE BLIND?
DID NOT I!?

NOW GO!

>Culture I don't allow myself to appreciate shouldn't ever be represented in such a god damn enjoyable way!

Snowflake culture and autism shouldn't have been allowed to exist on the same time line
DELIVER US!

That's actually not a bad theory
Sauce?

>be god
>want hebrews to be free
>you decide the best way to go about it is show up as a burning bush and tell some dude to tell the pharao you said the jews should be free or else...
Why didn't god just tell the pharaoh himself what he wanted? Kind of a dickish move to be honest

You forgot the most important part
>be God
>want Hebrews to be free
>harden the heart of the Pharaoh so he rejects Moses' proposition

GET EM ON BOARD, I'LL CALL IT IN!

I think god just had a very very dark kind of humor. I mean if you are an almighty being you'd get bored pretty soon so why not fuck with some mortals while you are passing eternity.

>those Pokemon pajamas
either he's the ultimate virgin or the ultimate chad

NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTIL I CUT OFF MY FORESKIN

Man the latin version of this movie is so good, those mexicans can sing. Watchng it in english feels like a cheap version.

Also I love this story, its one of the best hero's jurney because its not really about defeating the big evil. Moses holds god's power, he cant lose. The true conflict of the story is him having to confront his brother, and all the pain he has to cause him. And thus the ending is kind of bitersweet because the diplomacy fails

The Cecil B. DeMille film made me religious.

You have a big god.

the hebrew children get free.....pharaoh still chances after them

Basically the god of the Old Testament is a sadistic prick that wants to be worshiped and punishes people in the worst ways when they turn to other faiths.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jus3BE9mdfI

For PharUUUU

Pharaoh did not worship or recognize God. How would you, an incomprehensible entity, reveal yourself to a skeptical fragile mortal whose entire position of power rests on a contrary religion to your own existence? Go your self and destabilize a future trade relation for your chosen people who you plan to seat right between it and three other empires, or send a human envoy who knows the Pharaoh personally and who can create the most realistic empathetic bond for reaching the desired outcome?

Exodus as in, the one with the ship or the book of Exodus?

The Ridley Scott movie, user.

Ah, my god is greater!

The angel of death scene is absolutely god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2nxYVKbD4

Are you implying I can't just show up, do some miracles and if that doesn't work just obliterate a couple of heretic temples to prove my point?
I mean I am god. How much of an idiot do you have to be to ignore my commands when I can literally kill everyone you hold dear and then send you to hell?

FOR ME

>harden the heart of the Pharaoh so he rejects Moses' proposition
That was a direct result of the lifting of the plagues, Pharaoh might have backed out and freed the slaves but his pride would make him back out on that too, so God's saying ''I'm gonna harden his heart, it can't be helped''

Also it never says Pharaoh was Moses' brother, for all we know Moses would be an 80 year old man and the Pharaoh a 20-year-old prick

Isn't there a bit in the Old Testament where a bunch of different religions get together for a prayer off?
And the Hebrew prophet asks for a sign, which God delivers as a pillar of fire that annihilates all the non-believers?

That one got one or two things right, like God doing what he does because Pharaohs living ''like gods'' using slaves as carpet pisses him off to no end, but in the end it's a cynical, unimaginative and abrasive interpretation of the text.

The brother vs. brother thing didn't even need to be there, it was just used to shoehorn in a pointless battle scene at the start and do the ''prophecy'' shit, even though the original story of the Book of Exodus didn't have any.

In the Old Testament, all religions led to paganism, degeneracy, brutality and on-going chaos, in a world where you think everything like that is normal you would need to have your faith put to the test.

Its inferior in literally every way to op though.

Again lol destabilize the empire that gave any geo political power to the "promised land" or try to accomplish your goals in the least invasive way possible?

I think it's Prophet Elijah on Mount Carmel and the prophets of the Baal or something

>least invasive way possible
>Oh well, if that doesn't work I kill all of their firstborn and send plagues and stuff
Either god didn't think this through or he was busy with other things at the time.

>Oh shit, there's a new war on Tau Ceti V. This is gonna be good. Shit, the Earth Hebrews. Uh, yeah, plague, smite, whatever.

This scene is like a painting.

LET MY PEOPLE GO

>Implying the proof of divinity jumped straight to the killing of Egyptian first borns and wasn't a slow and grueling march of displays of power that started with a stick trick

Did your parents kidney shot you with brass knuckles every time you didn't listen to them? Was it a pillowcase of bricks waiting for you at home when you were out past curfew?