If Rick sees life as pointless and meaningless, why doesn't he just kill himself?

If Rick sees life as pointless and meaningless, why doesn't he just kill himself?

He doesn't see life as pointless, he just doesn't believe in God.

Buuuurrpp God isn't real Morty buuuuurrpp

>STOP TALKING ABOUT TELEVISION ON THE TELEVISION BOARD REEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe watch past the first episode and you'll find out.

God has a beutiful life in heaven planned for you when you die, so why don't YOU kill yourself?

It's a sin to do that, now what?

Because death is just as meaningless as life

you talk to him about that? you a prophet of the new church of reddit?

Except that he prays to Him on multiple occasions and has met and beat the Devil.

Why don't you?

wew the second rick and morty thread that evaded my filter.

Become a martyr there are plenty of wars going on in heathen lands. If i truly believed eternal paradise was waiting for me thats what i would do.

Thanks for letting us know
Subscribed

The real answer is, because Rick is a narcissistic self absorbed hypocrite. The show kind of beats you over the head with this. People who "like" Rick are missing the point. He's a plot device and an expression of the cathartic desire to cut through social mores and civility.

yw

because one thing leads to another

He only thinks life isn't worthwhile because he can't always get what he wants.

He should stop listening to the Rolling Stones

If he listened to the Stones he'd know if you tried sometimes you'd get what you need

>can do anything he wants without any consequence
>waaaaah feel sorry for me
Embarrassing that fags call him the greatest anti-hero of all time

Back to Sup Forums you shills.

There are a lot of universes where ricks have killed themselves. We're shown the ones who don't.

Go to Iraq. Find yourself a nice little streetcorner in Al Quaim. Start preaching christianity. Problem solved.

Fuck off I've never visited that board and don't intend to visit it when it's a board full of cartoons aimed towards children. Before you make some snide remark about rick and morty being childish, it is and its fanbase is full of manchildren but at least its target audience is adults.

I believe this was just a quip

The family really fucking hates Rick

Yeah, but a few retards here take it at face value, believing that there is some sinister atheist plan behind all of this. Seriously guys, come on. This is a cartoon targeted at teenagers, written by two of the biggest manbabies on the planet. Why on earth would you take this shit seriously, even if it was meant to propagate atheism.

If everything is meaningless then death is meaningless too retard

reminder that the model cynic was a literal street bum that everyone laughed at for doing what seemed like mental retardation except he was apparently smart and fully capable which means cynicism is basically being lazy and useless while trying to justify it through philosophy

He's already tried before and failed.

>*Buurrrrp* You don't really believe in the holocaust, do you Morty? Do you know how easy it is for governments to fabricate historical events?

because that would me he surrenders, and his ego wont let him do that.

>He doesn't see life as pointless, he just doesn't believe in life

>impyling Rick is anti-science
Pic related mate.

projection

lost, nostalgia factor

He tried (Unity Kino)
Also he's learned that life is worth living when you are with your loved ones and he clearly loves his grandkids. It's a positive message that most tv fags ignore for muh atheism

>This... This is what I'm talking about. This is what I mean when I'm talkin' about time, and death, and futility. All right, there are broader ideas at work, mainly what is owed between us as a society for our mutual illusions. Fourteen straight hours of staring at DB's, these are the things ya think of. You ever done that? You look in their eyes, even in a picture, doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, you can still read 'em. You know what you see? They welcomed it... Not at first, but... right there in the last instant. It's an unmistakable relief. See, cause they were afraid, and now they saw for the very first time how easy it was to just... let go. Yeah, they saw, in that last nanosecond, they saw... what they were. You, yourself, this whole big drama, it was never more than a jerry-rig of presumption and dumb will, and you could just let go. To finally know that you didn't have to hold on so tight. To realize that all your life - you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memories, all your pain - it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room, a dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it.

what did rick mean by this?

>jerry-rig

Everything confirmed for Jerry's fault