Age of Apocalypse

What is the most ambitious and cohesive storyline in comics, and why is it Age of Apocalypse?

>AoA
>not House of M

uh.....

Lobdell is the 2nd most influential X-writer of all-time

>HoM
>cohesive
Also, by that logic Hickman Wars wins.

>tl;dr fuck off you bald prick.

I actually haven't read this yet, can anybody storytime so I can finally read it?

>every RH thread
>LOBDELL IS HACK
>but his X-books...
>THEY'RE SHIT! AND YOU'RE SHIT!

Well, it's really fucking late and I'm about to go to sleep, but I was planning on doing it in a week or so.

It's so cool

There's like 50 issues, user.

It ain't fair, bros.

>Loeb
REEE
>Lobdell
REEEE
>Nicieza
REEEEE

House of M didn't replace the entire line like AoA or Secret Wars did.

This was absurdly risky, and they pulled it off.

It's amazing really

It's extremely 90s and I think a large part of its enduring rep is that kinda nostalgia.

BUT it did at least fully commit to its dystopia and it found a place for most characters that felt right within that.

>It's extremely 90s
In the best ways.

Such is life when you only look at their most recent works.

>inb4 someone turns this into a RHatO thread

the second most influential x-writer of all time doesn't really mean anything though.

It's like calling someone the second most influential fourth world writer

Mhm. Lemme reverse that.

AoA Blink is one of those characters that seems to have an absurdly large cult following, but the people aren't loud autistic fucks about it.

It certainly helps that she was in good Exiles run.
Funny thing, nobody gives zero fucks about 616 Blink. I think she's dead, too.
Personally, I read very little Exiles but I'm always up for nicely drawn girl with technicolor skin.

'member when DoFP started with Warpath, Bishop and Blink kino and it devolved to another Wolverine, Mystique, Magneto and Xavier flick?

Yeah, I think the last time 616 Blink was in a comic was as a techno zombie thing in Necrosha.

'member Elite Mutant Force? Membership was filled with mutant siblings. Cyclops, Havok, Guthries, Penance and whoever is family there, Aurora and Northstar, Bedlams...

Did anyone else read the AoA What If? Remender wrote? It's breddy good. Sort of a trial run for some concepts that got fleshed out in UXF, and then later Lapham's AoA ongoing.

>Fucking Cyclops I'm gonna kill you raghrrrr

They nailed Havok tbqh

How was the Secret Wars mini? Never got around to it.

'member when Secret Wars had Jean go NO MORE MUTANTS?
I think so, as well. She was Hellion, right?

The best Sunfire design, desu.

No, but I remember Jean trying to coax Wanda into it, but failing fantastically so that it turned her Creed, and elder Mags into flatscans, but nobody else.

Mandatory WHAT WERE THEY THINKING romance.

Pic above is ending of Secret Wars AoA mini. I wasn't that big fan of it.

Age of Apocalypse was so good it's responsible for the greatest HnS ARPG of all time.
Better than Diablo 1+2, better than TQ:IT, better than Path of Exile, better than the first Torchlight. Holy fuckin shit I love X-Men Legends II Age of Apocalypse.

PC exclusives were shit.
>will you play as Sunfire or as Pyro who's exactly the same as Sunfire but can't fly?
I guess Sabretooth being copy of Wolverine makes sense.
At least they all had those wonderful Ultimate outfits.