So after Moana, would Disney be motivated to push out more ethnically diverse movies?

So after Moana, would Disney be motivated to push out more ethnically diverse movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043002485.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Afro-Americans aren't 'ethnically diverse'.

>ethnically diverse
>Moana
Moana is "ambiguous brown skin tone with no genuine ethnic facial features because CGI face"

Just make it good, don't put "white people please stop being racist" message in there, and.......... JUST MAKE IT FUCKING GOOD, and I'll watch a movie where everybody has green skin and not question it for a second.

It's a trick user. See, OP is speaking generally, but posted an edit to misdirect the conversations in the thread.
11/10

They've been doing that for a while. So no more than they already were. People just have a short memory but there's a fuck ton of diversity in Disney flicks albeit disneyfied

Name one good Disney movie that stars nonwhite characters. There's almost none

> ethnics come down to facial features

What exactly did they teach you in remedial school?

this is an objectively good edit.

I can see where this thread is going to go a mile away. I give it 4 posts after this one.

Every classically animated Disney movie fitting that description is good though

Mulan
Pocahontas
Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Albeit those movies have at least 1 white in the main cast, it's really the non-white that makes it memorable.

But video games, comics and cartoons are already so fucking diverse that you have to actively hunt for tiny bullshit minorities to get more "diversity".

What ethnic group hasn't been represented already? You want a Disney film about orthodox Jews?

Why are you getting so upset tho?

If you think anything about that post sounds "upset" then you clearly the frailest bitch alive.

Africans are the most ethnically diverse "race" though. There's more human genetic diversity in that continent than the entire rest of the world.

source

It's starting.

>You want a Disney film about orthodox Jews?
Dreamworks seemed to do okay with that, but it was made by actual Jewish filmmakers. Disney still hasn't tried to tackle that one; if they did you could expect 101 opportunist articles about how antisemitic Walt was rumored to be.

The fact that you have to curse like an edgy teen in order to get your point across makes you look upset

Whoa

>he-he said a bad word!
You must be 18 years or older to browse Sup Forums.org.

>when Sup Forums's supremacy infects you so hard you intentionally ignore the existence of good movies

This guy () gets it, as well as Moana and The Princess and the Frog.

Let us not forget how boring and bland some of the white princesses are. Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty are mundane as fuck and have little to no personality.

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043002485.html
Here's a news article, but if you want to look deeper, there's scholarly articles about it too.

The gist is, the human population spread and diversified throughout Africa, and then a shockingly small group of people left Africa and then populated the rest of Asia, Europe, and the Americas (Australia was largely an earlier wave) giving those populations pretty low genetic diversity.

I was going to name The Princess and the Frog because I personally enjoyed it, but I know some Anons hate it, so meh.

That is to say, the intelligent people got the fuck out of that shithole and left the retards behind.
And now the few smart people have to carry the retards FOREVER because for some reason we owe them(??).

Phew it actually to 16 posts. I'm fairly impressed

>chocolate Rapunzel
GIVE ME DIAMONDS

How long ago was this split? If it is higher than say 50,000 years that would make blacks another species by pure genetic distance.

>When you're so triggered you can't even form a basic sentence.

I'm not triggered:
I expected this, user. I've seen it all on Sup Forums.

This was tens of thousands of years ago. The groups that left weren't as intelligent as their later descendants and Neaderthals made even less progress when humans encountered them after their ancestors left the continent. You can still find hunter gatherer groups outside the continent, user already mentioned Australia.

What's with this recent new wave of diversity propaganda? Disnay always was wastly diverse with it's animated heroines. Moana is not even the first Haitian.

They only deserve rape

The neanderthals were originally the most intelligent creatures on this planet though. Even their stone weaponry is actually more advanced than ours. We humans are a recent species a bunch of savages from Africa that migrated into the middle east and became slowly more civilized due to the environmental challenges placed in that spot which basically filtered most of our impulsive idiots out of the genepool.

Dark Vanilla is the last attractive one

Also African Queen's picture is Lotus from 999, a white character

And yet the retards still survive in the wild with animals trying to kill them on the daily while the geniuses that left now have mental breakdowns when Starbucks is out of their pumpkin latte or an area doesn't have wifi.

You've lost your way and Google maps isn't gonna help you there

>washingtonpost

way to discredit yourself

Ugh don't take the bait. Everyone was proudly ignoring that piece of bait. It wasn't even quality, it was watered down with 3rd grade insults.

>Ugh
Oh no, can't you even right now?

I meant they made little progress relatively speaking after hundreds of thousands of years.

Why some people are acting like Moana is a big diversity feat? Disney already does it for decades, even before this Tumblr push began.

>Aladdin
>Pocahontas
>Mulan
>The Emperor's New Groove
>Atlantis
>Lilo & Stitch
>Brother Bear
>The Princess and the Frog

I can't even bro. I can't fucking even.

If Disney does take this route they should actually do something with Ancient Ghana Kingdoms. That'd be pretty neat. As well as venture into the Maio.

Not liking Dusky Dravidian, Full fucking pleb.

Source?

That's the kicker. They don't have to do any of it. They choose for themselves on what they assume will pay off

>Sup Forums
Nah tumblr likes to pretend every non white movie character was the first time it's been done

Bitches will complain anything for attention. even before sjwshit exploded that shit still applied.

But you realize African kingdoms were pretty fucking savage, right? As the first humans they invented slavery after all, and they taught it to the white people who later came back to Africa. There wasn't any whiteys driving around the Savannahs and deserts hunting blacks with a cartoon net, they bought their slaves from the African kings who had more than enough and were happy to sell their own people.

How would a Disney movie deal with a society based around killing all the men of a rival tribe, enslaving their male children and raping their wives and daughters as young as toddlers to wipe them out completely?

>As the first humans they invented slavery after all
wat

You realize lions don't act like in The Lion King, right?

Niggers are ugly and nobody likes them. Why intentionally sabotage your product like that?

It's right though

Ah, so employing historic revisionism to make sure people aren't offended by reality.
Humans invented slavery. The very first humans enslaved each other as soon as they could.
The first humans were black people in Africa.
Black people invented slavery.

>As the first humans
No one really knows what the first humans even looked like, but they were not blacks as there is a human group in Africa far older than in the scale of around 120,000 years old and that is the Hottentot people who originally thrived in Southern Africa where as blacks dwelled in the jungles of West and Central Africa.

Bantus weren't the "first people".

>Ah, so employing historic revisionism to make sure people aren't offended by reality.

It happens in every single Disney film with a non-contemporary setting.

Well shit if Will Smith can make it work in China.

But my university professors told me that all life originated in Africa and that we were all black once upon a time.

Why do you idiots think american blacks are real niggers? Look at actual african males and how weird their skulls and faces are.
Hes a moron that doesnt understand how evolution works.

>So after Judy, would Disney be motivated to push out more species diverse movies?

The chinks are absolutely bonkers when it comes to film taste.

>implying you ever went to uni

They probably had dark skin, but they were a different race than bantus. Kinda like how Cro-Magnons were probably just a different race to modern euros.

Uhh, I went to Brown actually...
Don't talk shit about things you have no clue about.

>I don't understand how written language conveys tone

If you write something full of expletives, people are going to read that as if you were emotional while writing it. Don't play dumb, you know that's how it works.

>Why do you idiots think american blacks are real niggers?
From every single narrative on the issue, whether positive or negative, left or right for the last 300 years including this thread.

Only a total sperg would read emotion into posts, especially on Sup Forums.
Did you forget you're not on tumblr?

PS when people tell you they are literally crying, they're not literally crying.