How would Sup Forums write a Legend of Zelda cartoon?

How would Sup Forums write a Legend of Zelda cartoon?
hopefully not like the 80s one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Sboir_d0g8
youtube.com/watch?v=TXO4VP5IOwI
tofu.azurepixels.com/zeldacomic/phpslideshow.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cram in a lot of Zelda fandom maymays, like the water temple or chickens etc, into the dialogue to ruse the viewers and prevent them from realising that the story is mediocre.

Make an all new story but still tie it into the previous games and give it it's own place in the timeline.

And hopefully, make into an anime movie by Studio Ghibli.

>hopefully not like the 80s one

At least Zelda being a spunky warrior-princess was a fucking great move. The main game line has been very bad at it and still is.

Just animate the whole of Minish Cap in the Wind Waker art style.

still the best story

minish cap was the best GBA one

I'd still have the nagging girlfriend and full of himself hero dynamic.
They seem to fit Zelda and Link pretty well.

link being soft spoken and quiet, maybe even a little shy, might be more fitting

and when he does say something people listen

It was the only one on GBA.

Unless you count that Four Swords game nobody played and the port of A Link to the Past. Then A Link to the Past is the best unless you don't count ports.

don't forget to add this to the final episode, in the after-creditds

what about a link between worlds?

Didn't you make this exact thread yesterday
Didn't it get deleted
Dumbass

I'd make it like the 80s one.

I dunno something more whimsical and mysterious, with a sense of wonder, sounds like something that legend of zelda should be about

If they didn't, would it imply he died at some point?

link probably survived, the presence of seagulls imply land

That was the Captain N version. That was quite the moment for young me
youtube.com/watch?v=7Sboir_d0g8

She was not a warrior, just more of an active princess, without the need of I am a stronk wimmin.

yeah, but to get that ending you had to do a no game over run

if you count ports you probably don't consider "casual" games to be a category.

I feel like a better show would be just a general Nintendo show, with different shorts for different games. Like a Zelda short with no talking, commercial break, then some short about Mario saving Peach from Bowser.
Or something like that Zeldanime fancomic.

The Super Smash Show?
This is such a great idea, I hope the corporate shills are spying on this thread to get the fuck on it!

Studio Ghibili Style Zelda 1 animated series

Write it like Samurai Jack.
Hell, you could replace a few words in the opening narration and it would make perfect sense.

I would take one Link per era, something like original Link, Link to the Past Link, Ocarina of Time Link and Wind Waker Link. 4 seasons dedicated to each of them and end it with final 4 swords season.

>not like the 80s one
Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, Princess!

No

Zelda has been an archer, a ninja, and a pirate in the games.

Fuck, she's even helped link fight in the games before.

I would actually attempt to have the series story match the fucking game story for once.

Link is from the forest, Zelda is a princess from Hyrule, Ganon is a thief king that became an evil demonic warlord.

Seriously cracking open an instruction book or two gives you enough to go by that a writer does not have to invent shitty one liners, or reverse the personalities of everyone that appears in the series.

use hyrule warriors story as a base, or at least the idea of having a bunch of veterans and heroes star alongside link, its probably the only way to have a normal cast and not have them overshadowed by link.

in wind waker, she is the one who delivers the silver arrow to beat ganon

Every episode is a new Link in a new era.
Variety abounds.
New structures/objects from one episode may appear again as ruins/artifacts in later episodes.
Very few characters live long enough to appear more than once.

Wind Waker x Pirates of Dark Water

Oh no please, go on, how much you like zelda being a total cunt!

>What is Hyrule Warriors
From the very first map Impa has her hands full because Zelda is out on the field to personally murder Ganondorf and his whole goddamn army for daring to fuck with Hyrule.

even marin kicks ass in that game

Link is brought up as the "chosen one" to kill Ganon and save Zelda, but as he grows up he starts to question why he's doing it, and if there's really such thing as prophecy. Also wonders why he cares about this princess so much since he doesn't even know her. Still follows through with it both because of everyone's expectations and because hey, might as well right? Beats Ganon, saves Zelda. All is well until they realize that someone or something is trying to revive Ganon. Link goes off again since he likes being a hero. Zelda wants to go with them, but everyone says she can't because if the princess dies, the kingdom will lose hope. Enter Sheik, who joins Link on his adventure. Eventually shit goes down and the two meet a foe they can't beat even together, and that's when Zelda's forced to give up her disguise and reveal the truth, showing Link that she's actually a pretty cool person. Interest starts to brew in him. They continue onward, something something something.

I've only ever played the NES game, so I don't know much besides the original story and bits of the others

this be the final episode
youtube.com/watch?v=TXO4VP5IOwI

Make it several miniseries with each one being based off a game and lasting somewhere between 12 and 24 episodes depending on how much content is available in each story.

Like the games, each miniseries would have its own unique art style, atmosphere, tone, and pace. You get multiple versions of Hyrule, Link, Zelda, and their enemies without having to compromise or fuse it all together. A series based on Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks would be more lighthearted and humorous than something like Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess, for example. Most dungeons would warrant about one episode, but there might be special two parters.

Only keep different series about as connected as the games are, so pretty much any continuity is simply referential. Doing miniseries of each game allows for freedom without stretching things out so much that everything feels like filler.

But I gotta say, it's gotta have the level of detail of something like ATLA or LOK, even for series with simple art styles like Legend of Zelda I & II or Wind Waker.

links awakening has a simple, yet memorable story

they better not live in a single apartment

I would go full YTP

The games aren't even like that, so why would a cartoon?

legend of zelda has always been about exploration, it was inspired by childhood experiences of exploring caves in the country side. that is the reason for all the themed dungeons from LttP onwards, you are being shown new and wondrous locations in every new dungeon. the entire game revolves around finding some new item, which allows progress somewhere else, when a previously unmovable obstacle is navigated around, you experience the thrill of moving forward, to see what hppens next

No they're full of wacky ugly NPCs who are so quirky and zany.

heck the 1st one did not even have any NPCs other than some old men trying to give you stuff

Just take this and animate it:
tofu.azurepixels.com/zeldacomic/phpslideshow.php

Pretty boring I think.

Damn, that is like my childhood.

What it should be:
>A neat story with Zelda characters, following through the games and such
What Sup Forums would want it to be:
>Sonic Boom with Zelda characters

Basically, cancer. Read the Wind Waker 4koma.

I'd just do a standalone adventure with a lot of playful elements, but characters you could take seriously & care about.

Make Link an interesting, self-motivated character regardless of his role as the hero who will beat Ganon. Link would have some personal goal that's of #1 importance to him, and he wouldn't even learn about Ganon until 2 or 3 episodes in.
In the end, Link keeps his integrity and manages to defeat Ganon in a way that dovetails with his original personal goal.

Along the way he'd have a small but varied circle of allies. They're helpful but none are very heroic or useful in a fight. For instance, one is a reckless hothead, another is a morally-ambiguous mercenary or treasure hunter, etc.

Link would also deal with other, lesser villains who flesh out the setting. This would also make Ganon more intimidating by showing that he's way more powerful than these small fry.

Ganon would have a right-hand man like Agahnim who would also get character development and flesh things out.

I didn't mean to write so much about this, but it's honestly really fun to think about. The world of LoZ is pretty big, so you could do pretty much anything.

>Along the way he'd have a small but varied circle of allies.

Btw, meant to say that this would basically be like the official comics for Oracle of Ages/Seasons, where Link had Ralph or Maple as pals. They were helpful only half the time but gave him a personality he could bounce off of.

10/10, would eat sushi off her midriff.

Holy shit, this is actually really well animated. Why do I get the feeling that most of the show couldn't possibly look this good?

Why not an episodic one focusing on the adventures that Link and Tetra go through after Phantom Hourglass?