Considering the fact that Tim Burton also supervised and directed it, does it mean that Beetlejuice cartoon is canon?

Considering the fact that Tim Burton also supervised and directed it, does it mean that Beetlejuice cartoon is canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oMQLBl_ihwg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump, I really want to know the answer.

I never believed it was part of the movie

I always considered it to take place in an alternate universe

Burton directed that show? Holy fuck, that's why it was so good.

>At the end of the movie Beetlejuice gets blown the fuck out into the nether realm.
>In the cartoon he's bros with Lydia
It's almost as if there is a disconnection here.

no if it were canon the Maitlands would be there

I remember watching the cartoon as a kid before I saw the movie, and I was really confused why Beetlejuice was the antagonist. With such a big distinction between the two, I can't see how it's in the same canon unless there's something in an early episode that explains it.

Burton's involvement doesn't really legitimize anything, considering he's a hack.

Show takes place one year later from the actual movie.

I like to think so and that it connects other Tim Burton movies into a universe via the Netherworld. I know Prince whatever depresso mcdousche was actually from a short story Tim Burton wrote or something, not sure about any other evidence aside from Burton directing the cartoon though.

Only a few episodes, but he was head producer, too.

Lydia wanted nothing to do with Beetlejuice in the movie, in the cartoon they're friends

Also I'm pretty sure she's younger in the cartoon than the movie

Also I remember her parents knowing Beej exists in the movie...in fact, didn't they summon him to begin with?

So no it's not canon

>bluh bluh is a hack
I want this meme to end.

no

Get out of Sup Forums and have the part of your brain that remembers Sup Forums exists exposed to heavy amounts of chop stick or knitting needles.

This wasn't meant as an insult, it was my recommendation to get away from that meme. Sup Forums doesn't LIKE ANYTHING it discusses

Beautifil nip

almost every movie back in days have cartoon version
so it was just for money probably

Still, there are lots of contradictions like . The alternate universe theory seems to be the most plausible option.

>using an applicable word is a meme
Dude made his career on ripping off German silent movies and pandering to goth tweens. Fuck him.

kek

Burton's fanbase may be absolute cancer, but still, he's a solid director.

>just for money
I never saw a cashcow cartoon getting 4 seasons in a row.

Ever buy one of the old Aliens Kenner action figures? They had a non-canon comic included with them where the Marines survived Vietnam Conflict Metapho-, erm, I mean the movie. I remember my dad's reaction being the first nerd-rage I've ever witnessed.
This tells me that they were gearing up for an Aliens animated series to tie in with the toys. A Saturday morning animated series about monsters that were literally designed as an artistic presentation of elemental rape. Look it up, that's what Giger was going for.

He's a kid with daddy issues who loved his dog. We get that.

Doesn't have to keep inserting it into his work.

I was about to mention The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin but it only had one 65 episode mega season.
I never had the toy but fuck I loved at show when I was kid, enough that he was on my 3rd(I think) birthday cake. It was epic as fuck for a little kids show, probably why I got into high concept sci-fi early, that combined with my dad being a mega nerd.

And we're talking about in a time where shows are literally choking each other for saturday morning slot. BJ was a real success.

Tim pls leave.

>shake shake shake senora
>Shake your body line
>Shake shake shake senora
>Shake it all the time

>pandering to goth tweens
What's so fucking bad about it? You always have to pander someone to sell your work.

What's this face trying to convey?

Plus, considering he was doing it when goth was still relevant and not just a Wednesday night at the dive bar with other degenerate 30-40 something tabletop gamers.

Goth is still relevant tho. I work as a school counselor and half of my cases come from those kids who often have self-harm and bullying issues.

Well, maybe it's hitting a bit of a resurgence, that's kinda cool. The Emo era was so retarded I figured goth had been ridiculed into obscurity.

>Also I remember her parents knowing Beej exists in the movie...in fact, didn't they summon him to begin with?

Nope. The Maitlands (who don't appear or even get a mention in the show at all) "hired" Betelgeuse to get rid of the Deetzes. The Deetzes participated in the ritual to exorcise (re: completely destroy) the Maitlands. The Deetzes only learned of Betelgeuse's existence when he interrupted the ritual as per his deal with Lydia (although he'd been messing with them before that, namely in the "Banana Boat Song" scene).

People always believe that Nerds and Geeks are the bullied ones in schools meanwhile in reality goths have been bullied more often and recklessly than those two. Goth bullying should be the actual stereotype, not the nerd one.

Goths are both though. You never hear about preppy goth or jock goths(as wicked cool as a real life Nathan Explosion on our Highschool football team would have been, doesn't happen.)

Except Atomic Puppet. But yeah, that's true.

pain

The funny thing is, even the female goths get physical bullying and beating from bullies when it actually rarely happens when a female student gets bullied. I wonder what causes that.

Female goths are usually ugly or fat slobs where people don't give a shit when they get a beating.

Fuck. I would kill to see a goth playing highschool football and kicking ass

There's a whole fucking highschool horror movie subgenre dedicated to goth bullying in the 90's.

It's creepy how cartoon Lydia's hair is perfectly synced with Winona Ryder's in the movie.

Nathan is a (death)metalhead, not goth.

They're both same from the outside. Only one of them listens Scandinavian garbage meanwhile the other listens Bauhaus and Type O Negative.

I come from a smallish tourist town. Maybe death metal isn't city goth but oh man does he count as country goth.

Wrong thread, sorry.

Being slightly offended you didn't call the ridiculous goth crap what it is, as well, garbage, here's a better goth song then Bauhaus and Type O Negative.
youtu.be/oMQLBl_ihwg

Maybe deathmetal is "big meathead dude" goth?

>Bloodhound Gang
>Better than Bauhaus and Type O
Damn son, are you trying to trigger me?

>winter reminds me of you..
>as does a sloppy joe
>*dat keyboard solo*
It's better written music and lyric wise than any iof the "real" stuff

I don't know how you can be into a gag band like Bloodhound Gang and not appreciate the tongue in cheek lyrics of Typo O Negative.

Lydia was a Perky Goth in the show bullied by Preppy.

A query did she ever make that change in the Film. I remember that music number at the end when she seemed happy but don't know if it was definitive.

You know, I think I'm going to give them a little binge. Not that I don't appreciate them but I maybe was taking them a bit too seriously last time they were in my regular playlist. I've been getting pretty retro lately in my listening habits, probably a good addition again, right now.

That bitch bullied everyone in the show, not just Lydia.

She was happy and well-adjusted at the end because she finally had normal parental figures who would pay attention to her in addition to her weird, now-somewhat-less-neglectful ones.

You know, I just realized that with Beetlejuice 2 this thread will be answered. If the cartoon was canon they'll have to do something to explain how they became friends afterwards.
Also, somebody should use this as an excuse to storytime the comics, if they have it saved. I recall from my childhood one issue actually explains the origins of Lydia and Beetllejuice's friendship.

Whereas in the TV show she just had weird but well-meaning parents.

With his girlfriend, the nihilistic cheerleader.

Is Beetlejuice a rare example of a Hollywood movie that is as unkind in caricature to city people as many films are to small-town and rural people?

The Deetzes are shits.

>implying that Beetlejuice 2 will ever made
Forget it user.

>American high school cliches but scrambled
>Goth footballer and cheerleader
>Nerdy social butterfly/tyrant
>sexually-active band geeks
Sounds fun.

Many of the Gen X movies depicted Yuppies' as soulless assholes and mocked their tastes in life. It's not an uncommon thing. Check American Psycho if you need a good example.

It's not "city" people, it's suburban/condo dwelling scum that are being parodied.

good morning Sup Forums

>she's younger in the cartoon than the movie
But she attends the same school in the movie. I feel that you guys haven't watched Beetlejuice at all.

The movie is a different canon; in the cartoon Beetlejuice is essentially Lydia's 'real' imaginary friend and Lydia herself is much more of a Perky Goth than a glum one. She's obviously interested in school and her photography passion, and her parents aren't uncaring assholes-- I don't believe the show ever even states that Mrs. Deetz is a stepmother but treats her as Lydia's birth parent instead.

Lydia is also, canonically 14 in the show whereas in the movie... I dunno, I assumed she was 16ish but Wynona Ryder looked like she could have passed for a college student so it always felt weird to me to see the Maitlands treat her like she wasn't old enough to get a learner's permit.

Winona was 16 when Beetlejuice was released and teen/young adult actors typically do play characters who are younger than they are.

Ryder was 16 when she acted a 14 year old, not the vice-versa. People often mistake that.

>'real' imaginary friend
What does that even mean? Are you going to give me that "she/he is so fucking miserable that she/he invented a friend" cliche?

think he means that he's real but nobody else can see him.
Like what we thought Snuffleupagus was until we learned as adults Big Bird and he were a metaphor for schizophrenia. That's why they wrote Snuffleupagus out, they deemed a muppet of a schizophrenic hallucination was too dark.

>think he means that he's real but nobody else can see him.
But Beetlejuice often interacts with other people (he even took Lydia's mother to the Netherworld in one of the episodes) in the show. I fail to see the point at all.

He chooses who can see him, he just lets Lydia see him, under normal circumstances because she's one of the only people who can handle the truth.

>she's one of the only people who can handle the truth
So she's redpilled then?

I guess, in a pre-trump sense of the word. Before 25% of memes became ruined and unfunny by faggots on facebook who think they're user.

No, she's just a kid with strong imagination, not an autist who edits frogshit into Trump pictures. because that's what "redpilled" people actually do.

People are only interested about how Beetlejuice got his nails red in these threads.

fucking millenials go back to your minecraft facebook community before you out yourself for being underage Ever seen The Matrix? That's where the meme started. It means knowing a hidden truth, that's it. No specific politics, just truth.

No, the meme started when retarded Sup Forumstards like you happened to use it for your bullshit aryan nazi ideology.

fuck you, I was an /x/faggot when the meme was being used when /x/ was new. you're an idiot. Get off your phone and pay attention to your teacher, you'll need a diploma to survive with how stupid you are kid.

Tim Burton has nothing to do with the show. He only just looked at the script and said "yeah, ok" to it. That's what actually supervisor does.

All of Burton's early works are brilliant. I think Big Fish was his last good movie. He's been in a sad slump since.

It had to, considering how the film's climax involved Beetlejuice trying to force Lydia into marrying him and all.

Maybe he chose to "stay friends" with her.

Nihilistic cheerleader might happen, she would be like you know whatever.

Michael Keaton and Winnona are old as fuck now.

I always felt she was old as fuck. Wow they got away with an underage marriage thing, only thing to come close lately is the Unfortunate Events movie.

Where are people getting this that it is all in her imagination? This is worse than the theory that Clementine´s adventures are a way to deal with her disability when clearly everything that happens is real, even Petit Boy got involved in somethings.

Keaton and Winona would probably get a cameo in the new Beetlejuice. Of course they're not gonna act as the main stars.

Still does not mean B2 will happen.

Oddly his last original work was Edward Scissorhands; Corpse Bride does not count as it is based on a legend.

I loved Tim Burton too, but he has been in a decline and feel that british jew bitch he was with was sucking his energy as he looks old as shit now, but seems they broke up.

It was just a forced way to show a happy ending.

>This is worse than the theory that Clementine´s adventures are a way to deal with her disability when clearly everything that happens is real
She was literally escaping from a flaming monster that can turn humans into insects with the help of a fairy and a fucking talking cat. How does that turn into reality?

B2 will probably happen but not in the near future. Burton had promised so.

My cat says you have no understanding of reality and I'm clicking my mandibles in agreement, broseph

No, it's not rare at all.

Aw come on! Don´t tell me you believe that? Clearly it was real. Where the fuck did the giant rock came from? Why was Clementine walking like nothing in Africa? How come Petit Boy also got involved later? How come even her dad time travelled with her back to WWI?

I fucking hated how that Turkish producer who wanted to make the live action movie 10 years ago went with the theory it was all in her head!

We never knew anything on Hemera. Was she an angel? A fairy? An Alien? Was she even Clementine´s mother somehow?

Guys, stop talking about that. Remember Malmoth is still pretty depressed after Maya left him and it seems Lex no longer wants to talk to him.

How was that forced? It was a natural arc based on her character.